68

A/N: hello. hope you all are well. I apologize for not uploading a chapter then past week as I was insanely busy. Anyways, I hope you like this chapter! don't forget to comment and vote if you do! Also guys 80K+ reads?! WHAT? YOU GUYS ARE HONESTLY AMAZING. THANK YOU SO MUCH. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! (:

Selena

"Are you sure you can't eat anymore Selena? You barely ate." Harry asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"I ate as much as I could handle Harry. If I eat anymore I'm afraid I'm going to vomit." I whine.

Harry smiles,"Well then okay. The nurse should be coming with your medicine anytime soon. It's almost noon."

"I don't mind her being late. I hate taking so much medication. They don't even taste very appealing." I scrunch my nose in disgust thinking of all the medicines.

Harry chuckles at my comment,"They aren't meant to be delicious Selena. They're meant to heal you."

"Still. It wouldn't kill anyone if they added a little flavor in them." I shrug.

"Here let me put this tray aside." Harry says picking up my food tray and placing it in a corner.

Harry takes a seat beside me and holds onto my hand. He kisses the top of my hand and then weakly smiles at me.

"Selena. I need to tell you something." Harry starts off.

I slightly sit up straight and the pain in my stomach increases,"Yeah?"

"Remember how I told you that the doctor's are still running a few tests as they were unsure of the reasons why you're kidney failed. Dr Stevens told me in the morning that you've been diagnosed with Lupus." Harry looks at me with full eyes.

"Lupus? Wh-What is that?" I ask swallowing a lump in my throat.

"It's an autoimmune disease, where you're immune system starts to malfunction and attack on healthy tissues of a your body. Symptoms of Lupus include joint pain, loss of blood, hair loss, kidney failure, weight loss. Just like the pains you were talking about having Selena" Harry says.

"Wha-What does this mean for me?" I ask. Harry notices the worried look on my face and gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"The doctor said you're lucky that they diagnosed your Lupus at right time. You just need to take care of yourself and take proper medication and you will be fine. Lupus also gives people severe anxiety and depression and all of us are going to help you feel better. After you're discharged from the hospital and all healed up you would have to spend two months at a retreat centre, a rehab facilitation to make you better. You need to stay strong Selena. I know this news is heart breaking but we are all here for you. You'll make it through this." Harry flashes me a weak smile.

"What about a cure? For Lupus?" I ask.

"Sadly, there's no cure yet. But you have nothing to worry about Selena. Everything will be fine. You'll be all good before you know it. You just need to take care of yourself properly and that's it."

I hadn't realized that I was crying until Harry wiped tears off my cheek. Harry cupped my face in his hands,"I'm scared Harry." I whisper.

Harry pulls me into a hug so I'm sobbing on his shirt, Harry starts to caress my hair trying to soothe me. "Shhh. I know you're scared Selena. I am too. Nothing scares me more then the idea of losing you. Just stay strong. You'll make it through it. I know."

I just continue to cry in Harry's arms as he holds me tightly. I'm so scared. This is all too much for me. Please God help me make it through this. I don't know if I'm strong enough to fight Lupus. I don't think I can do it. All these thoughts make me cry even more and I just continue to cry on Harry as he calmly tries to soothe me.