36

A/N: HEY GUYS! CAN WE TAKE A MOMENT TO APPRECIATE MY QUEEN ^ I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER. IT'S NOT THE BEST AND IT'S SHORT BUT IF YOU DO, DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE! YOU GUYS, TYSM FOR 7K! WOW. xxx

Harry

"I'm honestly fine. I don't want you to check up on me Harry." Selena says.

"Are you sure? Because no offence but you sound like shit." I joke.

I can hear Selena chuckling,"Thanks. Don't worry about me. If I need anything I'll let you know but I don't want you to skip work just because of me."

"Are you 100% sure?" I ask.

"Yes I am."

"If you need anything. I'm here."

"I know. It's okay if I take off? Do I need to hand in an application to the boss?" Selena jokes.

"No. I can handle the boss." I smirk even though she can't see it.

"You just rest okay? Try not to exhaust yourself too much alright?"

"I won't." Selena says.

"I'll talk to you later then. Bye."

"Bye." Selena says and hangs up.

I was on my way to the office when I got a call from Selena telling me she won't be able to come to work today. Selena is taking the day off as she has the fever and the flu. I'm pretty sure that the reason she's sick is because of all the dancing in the rain she did a few days ago. I tried to warn her but she wouldn't budge and spent an hour on her balcony enjoying the rain. I swear she can act like such a child at times but she's adorable.

I reach my office building as Richie opens the door for me,"Have a good day sir!" He smiles.

"Thank you Richie. Can you do me a favor and get some soup from any Chinese restaurant and drop it at Selena's apartment?"

"Sure sir. Anything else?" He asks.

"That's all. Thanks." I say and step into the building.

I reach my floor and it feels so empty. I mean it always is it's just Selena and I but without her it seems so strange. I think this is the first time she ever took a day off since she's been working here.

As soon as I reach my office I remember that Selena's not here today so no coffee for me. I should have stopped at Starbucks or something. Guess I'll have to get someone from downstairs to get me coffee.

I pick up my phone and dial the reception,"Hello you've reached Styles' Establishment. How can I help you?" The receptionist asks.

"This is Harry Styles. Selena, my assistant isn't here today so I would like if someone would send me my regular coffee to my office."

"Sure Mr Styles. Anything else?"

"No that's all. Thank you." I say and hang up.

It was about 1:00 when I got done with my work. I pick up my phone and was about to call Selena when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I say and walked in Daniel. Why did I hire him in the first place? Oh right because he's one of the best. Well I can't stand him at all.

"Good Afternoon Sir." He smiles at me and walks towards my desk.

"Hello Daniel. What can I do for you?" I ask.

"Well I just wanted to tell you about the case. Keep you up with the current happenings."

"Hopefully good news?"

"Yes sir. Why don't you take a look?" He says placing a file on my desk.

I observe that he's still standing and as much as I hate his guts, I have manners,"Please take a seat" I say.

He nods and takes a seat in front of me,"Everything looks good. It seems like the Jefferson's are finally owning up for their mistake." I say.

"Don't worry Sir, I can assure you that we'll win this case."

"You and your team are the best in all of New York so I do have faith in you, don't let me down?"

"Don't worry about it Sir." He smiles.

I divert my attention back to the file and scan through it,"I didn't see Selena today." Daniel says catching my attention. I don't bother looking at him because all he'll receive is a cold glare. Stop paying so much attention to a girl who dumped your ass.

"Did she take a day off or something?" He asks.

I briefly look at him and speak,"She's sick, she took a day off."

"Oh. I hope she gets better soon." He says.

"Can I ask you a personal question Mr Styles?" Daniel asks and before I can spat at him that no he can't he speaks up once again. Guess that was rhetorical question.

"You and Selena seem close. Like when we were still together she told me how you were nicer to her and two of you established a friendly relationship. You wouldn't happen to know if she's seeing anyone would you?"

Doesn't this guy have a girlfriend or something? Does Selena need to put up a sign on her forehead saying,"Not interested Daniel"? What is thus guy's problem. He's so annoying no wonder Selena dumped his ass.

I look at him,"The two of us aren't that close Daniel. I don't know if she's seeing someone." I lie. I really should have rubbed it in his face saying that Selena and I are dating but honestly I don't know how Selena would feel about that. I don't want to cross any lines.

I close the file and hand it to Daniel,"Good work on the case. Keep it up Daniel." I say.

"Thank you Mr Styles." He smiles.

He walks to the door to exit until he turns back around to look at me,"Is Selena going to be coming tomorrow?" He asks.

"As far as I know, she only took today off. She'll probably be back tomorrow Daniel." I say with a very obvious fake smile plastered on my face.

"Thank you sir. Have a good day!" He says.

"You too Daniel." Not like I mean it.