1 ; Revised

A/N: I update whenever I have a chapter to post at
3:00pm EST. (Time subject to change)
-
🚨IMPORTANT🚨: If you read this book when I first published it in 2013/2014 and are very confused to why it says "Revised" next to the chapter #, it's because I am rewriting the book into a better version. Thank you for sticking by me all these years and continue to read. For those who are new, welcome. xo
-
Stars Dance
Chapter 1
-
Selena's Point of View

I SAT ON my bed, as I watched Lucy my best friend, run around our dorm in a crazy manner. Making a mess out of our closet looking for the perfect outfit for her to wear tonight. Apparently, there was going to be a big welcome party at some frat house for the new incoming university students this year, and Lucy had been talking about going since the first day we both got into this room. We both went to the same school in the states and then she moved away because her dad got this big promotion in England, so she had to move. I got a scholarship opportunity here for the second semester and fate brought us together once again.
-
"Are you excited?" She exclaimed with clear excitement in her tone as she added mascara to her eyelashes in the our vanity mirror.
-
"What is so exciting about a party anyways?" I questioned her. "I told you I wasn't going." I sighed.
-
"Why not? You never want to go anywhere." She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Come on please? Do it for me? It will be fun." She smiled.
-
"I already told you no." I reminded her. "I have no business being there and I won't know anyone." I shrugged my shoulders.
-
"Ashely, Vanessa and I are all going to be there, so you do know somebody, and besides that's the whole point of going, to meet new people." She said, pushing her strands of hair back.
-
"But this girl isn't going." I pointed at my chest.
-
"Come on if you go, I'll help you with your studies." She bargained.
-
I sighed. Maybe Lucy was right. I couldn't keep just hiding from the world. "Fine, I'll go, if that makes happy." I smiled.
-
I walked over to what was left of a clean closet and picked out a dress. "You're not going to wear that are you?" Lucy rose an eyebrow. I looked at the dress myself and maybe she was right, it had no spark to it, it was old, dark and just plain. "It's a frat party, not a funeral." She said.
-
"But, it's all I have." I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't think it's that bad." I scanned the dress once again.
-
"Oh it is." She said. "Here I'll give you one of mines." She said scattering the floor of the mess she made and picked up a skin tight dress with she heels. Maybe she was right. I thought the dress was too out there for me, because of the exposed cleavage, and the fact that it didn't even reach above my knees at least was a bit concerning for me. I just thought it would bring me unnecessary attention, I was rather shy and to myself this just put me out there.
-
"Here put this on." She pushed it to my chest.
-
"But this-..." I began to look a reason not to wear this dress, but she didn't give men a chance to explain.
-
"No excuses, hurry change." She says.
-
As she was finishing up her makeup, I walked out of the bathroom and she looked at me through the mirror with a smile.  "You look amazing." She said turning around and looking at me. She pulled my hand towards her and sat me down in front of our vanity to quickly do my makeup and hair.

***

Once she was finished I took one good look at myself in the mirror and I felt like a different person. My eyes looked bolder because of the heavy eyeliner and mascara. My hair had all shorts of volume and hair spray, I just couldn't even believe it was me.
-
"I look...wow." I was speechless. This definitely gave a confidence boost.
-
"See what a little hairspray and makeup can do?" She said with a smile, proud of her work.
"Now come on, the girls are probably already there and we are still here." She said and pulled my arm out of our dorm, nearly causing me to trip on my own to feet.

***

We were here and we hadn't even stepped inside the frat, when I couldn't already she the laser beams and hear the loud booming noise of the music from outside the frat. I stayed close to Lucy, walking behind her as she scanned the area for our friends. "Hey over here!" She exclaimed and Ashely and Vanessa spotted us.
-
I already felt out of place, as what I was wearing caught the attention of many. I could just feel their gaze.
-
"Wow, Selena." Ashely coughed my attention as I was too distracted and self conscious about how I looked to actually pay attention. "You look amazing." She said. I gave her a small smile.
-
"Thanks, it was all Lucy." I gave credit where it was due.
-
"I know I did a really good job." Lucy takes pride in her work. "Now lets hurry inside, ladies." She said.
-
I trail behind Lucy and the other girls, trying my hardest not to make a fool out of myself and trip on these heels. We walked inside and the loud noise of the music, hit my hears and it suddenly became hard to hear anything around me. People were everywhere, talking, dancing, dancing on each other, on top of tables, and lots of drinking as well. I don't belong here I thought.

***

Zayn's Point of View

I sat on the sofa, with my mates with the blaring of the music in my ears causing me not to be able to hear anything that they were saying. Their lips moved when talking to me and I just nodded my head like I knew what the fuck they were talking about. I spotted a group of girls that made their way to the center of the party. One caught my attention, I leaned forward on the sofa, and trailed my gaze up and down her frame, she seemed out of place. I spotted the girls she was with and one of them happened to be Lucy, I rolled my eyes. Fucking great.
-
Chris nudged me. "Check it out." He said, and his attention was also any the group of girls that I already had my attention on.
-
"I see." I added. "But don't even think about it." I strained. "They're freshmen."
-
"The shy one next to Lucy seems scared shitless to be here." Chris added. "We should welcome them. Nothing wrong with that? Right?" He stood up.
-
"You know the fucking rules." I added.
-
"Rules are meant to be broken man." He said, and I rolled my eyes, standing up to follow him.

***

Selena's Point of View

"Come on let's dance!" Lucy exclaimed.
-
She pulled on my hand but I hesitated. "I'm good thanks." I kept back.
-
"Suit yourself." She shrugged me off and Vanessa and her followed each other to the dance floor. I realized that I was going to look strange here leaning against the wall so I followed after them "Never mind! Lets dance!" I shouted on top of the music.
-
After nearly dancing half of the song, I was moving to the music, smiling and laughing with my friends when I bumped my back against someone's tall figure. "Sorry." I tried to say as loud on top of the music. I turned around and it was a tall male figure, who I did not know the name of. Vanesa and Lucy had disappeared in the crowd of dancing bodies and I was left alone with this unknown male.
-
He took a hold of my waist and pulled me close to him as some drunk guy was about to bump into me, and he pulled me out of the way. "What's your name?" He whispered in my ear, his voice was husky.
-
"That's none of your business. Let me go." I pushed him off of me.
-
"Feisty one eh?" He said and chuckled against my ear.
-
"I don't know you, I don't know what you want, but I suggest you let me go." I was firm with him. I was shy sure, but I wasn't a dumb ass. I managed to let loose from his grip but he managed to get a hold of my arm and pull me back to his frame.
-
"You already look out of place here. Do you really want to make another scene?" He said, and that immediately made me freeze, he was attentive to details.
-
I looked at him in the face, and the only thing that really caught my attention, was the pierce in his eyes towards me, our bodies were close together and he wasn't letting go soon either. I didn't know who he was, or what he wanted, but I could tell that he wasn't going to let me be, not now, not ever.

•••