3 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 3
-
Selena's Point of View

"YOU'RE ACTING AS if I am the worst person that you were ever paired up with." He states, breaking the silence.
-
I sighed, roll my eyes and begin collecting my stuff to leave the lecture room. "Let's just get this over with." I shrugged. "I'm free in the afternoons and evenings. The library is fine." I said carelessly. "You?" I rose an eyebrow.
-
"It depends." He shrugged. "Doesn't matter to me." He said carelessly.
-
"So you want to start on this now or?" I questioned holding my coffee cup in my hand. "We're going to do this project right, and we will doing something. I am not here for any games, we either do it right or we don't do it at all and we fail." I was firm with him.
-
"Oh we will be doing something." He smirked.
-
I rolled my eyes. "That's not what I meant. "And if you're going to be like this, in which I do all work and you do nothing, forget it." I said.
-
"You're not going to be doing this all on your own. I too have to write a paper about you." He said.
-
"Glad we're on the same page." I admitted.

***
Zayn's Point of View

We walked out of lecture hall together and she was walking in front of me at a faster pace. "Come with me, I know the perfect place." I said catching up with her.
-
"It better be somewhere public, because I refuse to sit anywhere in a private room with you." She said.
-
"I won't try anything. Who the fuck do you think I am?" I bit back.
-
"Ok." She said continuing to walk.
-
"Follow me." I said to her and she began to follow my course throughout the campus.
-
I walked us towards the frat house, and I pulled the door for her open, she was hesitant to walk in, but I guided her in when I stepped in front of her. I wanted to know what she was thinking. Probably the worst.

***

Selena's Point of View

I felt uneasy walking in here, maybe at night it wasn't as intimidating because no one actually took the time to pay attention to details. However, in the daylight this place was much scarier. I looked around, there was were just frat guys walking everywhere. The place smelled like weed and dirty piles of unwashed laundry. I gazed around as he walked us where we were going and everyone seemed to take notice that Zayn was walking through the frat. I don't know if it was because he had an impact on them, or because he had brought me in here.
-
We reached a door at the end of the hall and he twisted it open. He walks inside and I walk in after him. The room seem rather divided, and it was clear as day which side was his. His whole side was dark, while the other guy walking around shirtless had posters of football teams on his wall.
-
"Levi, I need you out." Zayn ordered, something about his tone told me that he called the shots around here.
-
"I wish I could but I have a project for this class." The Levi guy said.
-
"So do I. Go." He said once again. So he just wasn't rude with me. Levi sighed put on a shirt he had in his hands and grabbed his bookbag and laptop and walked towards the door. "Wait." He said.
-
Levi stopped his tracks to listen to Zayn and turned his attention towards him.
-
"If you see Jake, tell him he better not stick his nose in here, because I will be busy." Zayn added. "With a girl." And honestly that could be taken out of context. "On a project." He added.
-
"Sure." Levi said and walked out of the room shutting the door behind him.
-
"You can go now." He said and Levi walked out.
-
"There was no reason to be rude." I added, I don't know what he was trying to prove, or if he was trying to cement a control he had over others.
-
"It's my dorm." He said.
-
"Oh we're starting? Let me take out my notebook and right down rude real quickly." I said taking the notebook and opening it.
-
"No you're not." He said taking it from my grasp.
-
"Give it back." I demand.
-
"Only if you don't put that down." He said. "You're jumping to conclusions too soon."
-
I crossed my hands over my chest and rolled my eyes. "Where do I put my stuff so we can begin?" I looked around the dorm.
-
"That desk." He directed at the desk in them middle of both beds.
-
I look over and it has junk all over it. He sighs when I look at him with a raised eyebrow. He sighed and knocked everything to the floor. I didn't say anything and set my bookbag and notebook on it. He pulls a plastic chair towards the desk as well and with a notebook in his hands with a pen in his mouth biting on the pen cap.
-
"Shall we begin?" I say turning a clean sheet.
-
"Lead the way prom queen." He adds.
-
"Ok I think we should just start with the introduction paragraph, you know like sum it all up before we begin to go into detail about things." I grew serious pushing my strands of loose hair behind my ear.
-
"Sounds great." He said tapping his pen against his leg.
-
"Ok so what's your name?" I popped the first question, ready to write when he began to speak.
-
"Zayn Javaad Malik." He said.
-
"Unique." I said as I wrote down his name.
-
"It actually spelled with an "I" instead of "Y" but it looked too plain so I changed it." He says.
-
"How old are you?" I continued.
-
"Twenty-one." He said. "Just turned, on 12th of January." He said.
-
"A year younger than me." I said out loud, voicing my thoughts.
"Where are you from?" I continued.
-
"Bradford, England." He said.
-
"I think this is enough to start my introduction paragraph." I said.

***

Zayn's Point of View

She asked and spoke questions in whisper. When she began something she devoted all her attention towards it, it was as if I wasn't even in the room. Her eyebrows came together when she was concentrating in writing something down, and she bit down on her bottom lip as well. Fuck. I thought. I had enough to write this whole introduction paragraph alone and she didn't even have to talk.
-
"Aren't you going to ask me questions?" She brought me back to reality.
-
I cleared my throat. "Yeah..uhm." I was fucking lost in her already. "What is your name?" I questioned opening my notebook and got ready to write.
-
"Selena Marie Gomez." She said.
-
"What a name." I said, writing down her name.
-
She smiled. "How old are you?" I questioned.
-
"Twenty-two." She said. "My birthday is on 22nd of July." She said.
-
"Where are you from?" I asked another crown.
-
"Grand Prairie, Texas." She said.
-
"Never heard of it." I admitted, American towns?
-
"Somebody is not educated in geography." She teased.
-
"I have never even left England." I shrug. "I think this is enough for today." I toss my notebook on the desk.
-
"Ok." She said carelessly.
-
"What do you want to do now?" I questioned as she began putting her notebook into her bookbag.
-
"I think I'll be leaving." She said.
-
"Yeah, my bitch ass of room mates will be all here soon." I said.
-
"It's not good to talk about people who aren't here to defend themselves." She said.
-
"They probably talk shit about me too." I shrug.
-
"This project is going to be hard on my side of things." She sighs.
-
"Why is that?" I question.
-
"Because your such a hard person to read." She admitted. "So this project is going to be interesting." She said.
-
"There's more to me than that introduction." I said in a whispered, taking a step closer to her. "I am, lets say...complex." I tried to find the right words.
-
"I can see that." She said walking past me. "Bye Zayn."
-
"I'll walk you out." I added. "Who the fuck knows what these dudes are capable of." I added, following behind her down the hall.

***
We walk down the corridor and the whole frat house has eyes on me and Selena. Some of shooting me stare downs, while others are congratulating me. I do my best to ignore them and we reach the doors of the frat house, I push the door open for her and she walks out. She doesn't look my way and I stand there watching her safely get to the sorority side of the campus and I walk back inside heading towards my room.

***

Selena's Point of View

I walked towards the double doors of the sorority, and towards my room. In the moment of doing so, I thought about Zayn. In the whole time being with him. He completely changed his character. It was hard to say he was one thing when he acted like a complete other. It was almost like thrived for control and craved power and attention. I walked into my dorm. Where I spotted Lucy sitting on her bed.
-
I'm back." I smiled, setting my bookbag down on the sofa we had in our room.
-
"Where have you been all day?" She questioned.
-
"I was with that guy." I said.
-
Her eyebrows went inward. "Who?" She questioned.
-
"His name is Zayn Malik." I told her.
-
Suddenly her head shot in my direction and she grew defensive.
-
"Oh my god." She said in a whispered. "Him?" She began raising her voice. "Have you lost your mind?" She added.
-
"Yeah what about him? Is there something wrong with him?" I questioned her defensiveness.
-
"No-..I mean no." She cleared her throat. "Just be careful around him." She warned. "He is not a good person-...well from what I heard." She said. "He's a fuck up and cares for no one but himself, apparently from what I heard." She shrugs her shoulders.
-
"And how do you now all of these things?" I question.
-
"Rumors." She says.
-
"Well I didn't get the newsflash, I'm working on a project with him for this class." I explained.
-
"What?" She grew defensive again. "Are you serious?" She said. "You couldn't pick someone other than him?"
-
"I was forced to work with him, trust me I would have never done it willingly." I admit. "We have to get to know everything about each other for this project."
-
"You're willing to let him in like that?" She raises a brow.
-
"I kind of have to." I admit.
-
"I'd be careful." She said, and her answer threw me off a bit, did she know something about him that I didn't?

•••