20 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 20

***

Selena's Point of View

I WOKE EARLY the next day with Zayn dead asleep next to me. He looked very peaceful in his sleep and it was too early to wake him. I quickly got up and got dressed. I had class today and I don't know how I going to show my face to Adam after what happened last night. This whole situation was too much to bear, and deep down I felt guilt and embarrassment for not telling Adam how I felt from the beginning. I quickly prepared breakfast, something rather simple like coffee and some toast. I let Zayn sleep for a bit longer before I could no longer let him stay asleep or we we're going to be late for class.
-
I walked into the room, and he was spread across the bed, clearly having moved since I got up. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at him. "Zayn get up!" I said about my normal voice.
-
He began to move in his sleep, and groaned. "Please no." He whined.
-
"Please yes, get up." I told him. "We're going to be late for class." I told him.
-
He sighed. "All we are doing is that essay like we have been doing for the past few weeks." He said grabbing the pillow I had tossed at him and putting it over his face. "Now let me sleep." He said muffling is voice through the pillow.
-
"Which is exactly why we need to go." I insisted. "Not a minute longer or I will leave without you." I said, walking back into the kitchen, to prepare my mug for my coffee.
-
Minutes late, Zayn had walked in the kitchen with messy hair, and shirtless in his sweaters. His tattoos clearly visible over the canvas that he created out of his body, he grabbed a mug himself and poured himself coffee from the pot I had over the stove.
-
"It is too early for this." He groaned.
-
"The earlier the better, to get the day done quicker." I say leaning against the counter let to him sipping into my coffee.
-
"For you." He said. "I could literally careless, and I think I am even failing that class." He lifted his shoulders carelessly. "My father will not be pleased, but when have I cared what he thinks?" He scoffed.
-
"Not that it's any of my business, but have you ever tried talking to your father?" I lifted my shoulders are I looked over at him through the rim of my coffee.
-
"He tries calling, and scheduling meet ups with me every now and then." He says. "I ignore the calls, but I go to meet ups, maybe that would suffice him until the next time he tries calling again." He says. "Weird, it's like he knows when something "exciting" happens in my life, and tries to get involved as possible." He lifts his shoulders. "I assume my mum gave him my number, cause I sure as hell didn't when he enrolled me in this shithole." He says. I listen to him ramble on about his father, but decide not to comment any further until he decides he wants to tell me anymore. "Speaking of shitholes...prince charming is probably going through it today." He chuckles.
-
"I feel so bad." I admit. "I don't have the heart nor the face to confront him today in class." I say.
-
"Another reason why we should not go today." He encourages.
-
"Haha." I say sarcastically. "Nice try." I tell him. "Get dressed please."

***
Zayn' Point of View

Selena and I had walked into class one behind the other for a change. We sat together and waited for it to be time for the lecture to start. While pulled her notebook and things from her bag, I looked around to see if I saw any sign of Adam. I would be surprised if he even showed his face today. It said something about him. About how he took things, and how he confronted them overall. The time inched closer to the hour, and everyone was gathering in to take a seat and there was no sign of Adam anywhere. Selena glanced over at me and gave me a smile before the professor, began to talk and she gave him his undivided attention.
-
We sat there for nearly an hour and a half, with the professor rambling on about what we were reading and I glanced over at Selena who was attentive with her notes and wrote things down every now and them. She raised her hand and participated every now and then. I didn't know how much more of this I could take, and every minute felt like an hour. That was when everyone got up from their seats, and I realized that lecture was over. Selena stood up and began putting her things away in her bag. When the professor called for attention.
-
"Selena can I speak to you and Zayn, for a second?" He said.
-
We both walked down the stairs. "Yes, professor?" Selena said as I stood beside her as she gave the professor a small smile.
-
"Nothing of importance really..." He trailed off. "However, when I partnered both of you for this project, I did it with the intent that Mr. Malik would do well." He eyed me and then focused his attention on Selena.
-
Selena smiled. "It's going very well professor McKinley, at first I wasn't really sure, but he's lived up to the end of his bargain." Selena looked over at me then the professor."
-
"Vey well then." He says. "I just wanted to see where you two were at. Go on then." He says. "Study yourselves, I expect great results from this project." He said.
-
"I think we're studying ourselves pretty well." I trialed off with a light smirk.
-
Selena nudged my side and I tried to stay put. "That's the spirit of writing." Professor McKinley encourages.
-
"Thank you professor." Selena smiled.
-
"Oh I got the spirit all right." I egged.
-
"Thank you, please excuse us." Selena said as she made her way towards the door. "Have a good afternoon professor McKinley." Selena said and I nodded my head towards the professor as we disappeared into the hall of college students.