23 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 23
***

Selena's Point of View

ZAYN AND I had walked out of the study hall room as he and I argued over the decision that he had made over blasting our relationship out loud to everyone especially in front of  Adam and Lucy, and everyone else that didn't care. Lucy had already suspected us but had no reason to confirm until now. I just felt bad for Adam in general, there was no reason for Zayn to do that, it was almost as he wanted him to know and hear him loud and clear.
-
This was a different side of Zayn who now stood in front of me. He didn't have a care in the world for other people's feelings whatsoever and maybe this why the talk about him from other people was so negative for things like this. While arguing, Zayn's eyes because focused ahead of me and his jaw grew tense as well.
-
"What the fuck do you want Lucy?" He exclaimed and my eyes widen, at his choice of words.
-
I turned around to see Lucy who stood there, laughing at us in a mocking way. She eyed both us from top to bottom. "Someone's clearly angry." Lucy said teasingly and that only made Zayn angrier.
-
"Look Lucy I am not playing your fucking games today."
Zayn bit back quickly and I was confused, why he spoke to her in such a way.
-
The vibe between the two of then was strange. "What do you want Lucy?" He's clearly angry." I lifted my shoulders carelessly, followed by a slight nod.
-
"Aw, now that you're his little girlfriend you can defend him?" She added more fume to her fire.
-
"Lucy don't you fucking go there." Zayn defend.
-
"Or what Zayn what are you going to do this time?" She spoke directly to him, almost like forgetting it was even here between the two of them.
-
"Lucy look, leave us alone seriously!" I exclaimed growing tired of her mocking. "We're clearly not friends anymore." I said.
-
"Why don't you explain why Zayn?" She said crossing her hands over her chest as her eyes grew sharp towards him. "Zayn knows exactly why." She forces a smile. "None of this is coincidence!" Lucy exclaims, and I grow confused at her statement.
-
I turn towards Zayn who holds a tense looked on his face, and his fist clenched. "What is she talking about?" I question.
-
"Go on Zayn." Lucy presses. "Tell your girlfriend why." She encourages.
-
"Don't you fucking blackmail me!" Zayn exclaims and my eyebrows come together at his statement. "Enough! I've had it!" He says.
-
"Wait what is going on?" I break into the tension. "You both know each other well it seems?" I break in question not really knowing how to state it.
-
Lucy laughs. "There's no need to be jealous."
-
"No, I want to know how you both know each other?" I pressed for answers, but Zayn only pinched the bridge of his nose mumbling under his breath while Lucy stood there, proudly as ever.
-
"Clearly no one here is getting any young, Zayn." Lucy lifted her shoulders carelessly. "Selena, Zayn and I-.."
-
Zayn pulls on my arm. "Selena, we're leaving."
-
"No, I want to understand everything  up to this point because I don't know what going on any more." I nudge him.
-
"Selena I swear to you." Zayn grew angry closing his eyes for a slight second. "If you don't get into the car right now, I will leave you here." He threatens.
-
"Ooh." Lucy winced mockingly.
-
"Selena please get in the car." Zayn begged at this point.
-
He walks over to the passenger door, and decide not to argue with him any longer and I stepped into the car and sit in the passenger seat. He slams the door shut and instead of walking around and getting in to go home, he walks over to Lucy, and I hear as slight click on the car doors.

***

Zayn's Point of View

Once Selena is in the car I lock the doors for that minute to spare in case she decided to pull the lock and get out the car. She was this close to finding everything out in a span of a second, and if she did there would have been no time to explain myself. I didn't want her to find out about Lucy and I's past like this.
-
I walk over to Lucy with my index finger pointed at her face, as my face is dangerously close to hers. "Don't you ever." I said. "Ever, threaten me with fucking blackmail." I say harshly.
-
Lucy holds a sly smile on her face. "Blackmail? I just wanted to tell her the truth. After all she deserves to know." She lifts her shoulders carelessly.
-
"You were going to Selena about what happened between you and I, when we both made it clear we going to act strangers to each other." I reminded her.
-
"And what if I changed my mind?" She said with a raised brow. "What if I don't want you and Selena to have this perfect relationship?" She pressed further. "After all, you don't deserve it." She said. "And you know it."
-
"What are you saying? Do you realize how crazy you sound?" I point to my head with my finger. "What are you jealous of her or something?" I pressed on her true feelings. "Because I love her." I said surprising myself with my words. "Because I love her more than I ever loved you? Lucy I went after for a semester and nothing, you wanted no part of me."
-
Lucy laughs. "Love her?" She said. "You love her?" She makes me second question myself.
-
"I love her." I repeat. I love Selena?
-
"Don't be ridiculous." Lucy laughs. "You don't know how to love, both you and I know what you're after...with her." She points at the car, behind me. "You will drop her once you get it." She says.
-
"Lucy I don't know what you want from me anymore." I point at my chest. "An apology?" I bring up. "Lucy that love I once had for you is dead." I tell her. "I don't feel nothing for you anymore, understand that." I tell her. "I will not put myself through what I went with you again, I did it for a whole semester, chasing after you like a lost dog." I remind myself, and it hurts. "You didn't care about me, I was there and you couldn't even look at me to fix whatever bit was left to be saved." I tell her. "I loved you so much, but that is done."
-
"You know none of this between us, would be rekindle at all if Jackie had kept her mouth shut about you to your father." She says completely looking over what I had just said, as a confused look came over me.
-
"What are you talking about?" I question.
-
"How of all the universities, did you think you ended up here?" She says. "None of this is coincidence." Lucy adds. "Jacqueline was orphaned from the time she was eighteen" She begins to explain. "She was the high school whore, you'd know a thing or two." She reminds me.
-
"Where are you getting at?" I press for the truth.
-
"How do you think Jacqueline got into this university?" She trails on.
-
"Lucy fucking say it already!" I exclaimed.
-
"Jacqueline has contact with your dead beat of a father." Lucy finally said and my eyes widen. "The day she was leaving off to college in Bradford, I saw your father helping her load boxes into his car. He's helping her pay her college tuition and expenses." She confesses.
-
I wanted to believe Lucy but up to this point I didn't know whether to believe her or not. Lucy had known about my father and how dead beat he was towards me and my mum and sisters. So what was the point of bringing him and Jackie up in  this conversation at all? How did any of this have to do with me, her and Selena?
-
"You're lying." I say followed by nothing else.
-
Jackie is my best friend, she wouldn't do that to me. "Since she's been her I have seen her and your father meet up here in the local cafes to talk." She said. "What do they talk about? That I don't know." She lifts her shoulders carelessly.
-
"You're lying!" I exclaim. "Jackie wouldn't do that to me!"
-
She lifts her shoulders carelessly. "If you think I'm lying to you, talk to Jackie she has no reason to lie to you." She adds. "So much for a "bestfriend." She says air quoting bestfriend. "You could have been anywhere else, but you're right here." She points to the ground as she starts walking backward. "Think about it. Ask her." Lucy says. "Let's she if she lies to you."
-
If what Lucy was saying was true about Jackie and my father, my anger would explode more than it already is. Jackie working along side my father? How could she do this to me? Lie to me? My father paying her tuition? In exchange for what?