19 ; Revised

Authors Note:
Regular font = present day
Italics = flashbacks
-
Stars Dance
Chapter 19
•••

Jackie's Point of View

I LITERALLY STOOD there, as Selena and Zayn had left. This guy that stood in front of me, tried his hardest to keep his temper. However, I knew he just wanted to blow out in anger. The night was getting chilly and I stood here in heels that were killing my feet, a pencil skirt with a cloth was wasn't as strong to keep my thighs from freezing, and no jacket to say the least.
-
"This night went from being from one of the best to one of the worst." He said in disappointment. "The only I agreed for Zayn to tag along was because I thought this was going to be a quick thing, I had other plans for us. And he ruined them all." He said in frustration.
-
I wanted to say something but I figured anything i would say, would make it seem like I was agreeing and siding with Zayn regardless. I stayed silent and just listen to him vent.
-
"I asked him over and over again if they were a thing, I asked her and they both lied straight to my face the whole time." He said with a clenched jaw.
-
I hummed not really saying anything. Trailing behind him as he walked throughout the park. Man could do pretty stupid shit when they were angry, tell me about it.
-
"Worst part of this is, I'm in love with her like a stupid fool." He said.
-
In love with Selena? I had nothing against her, and she was no Lucy, but what did she have that had Zayn and now Adam all wrapped around her finger? With Lucy, it was like a venom she released to keep men in some sort of enchantment, because she nearly drove a wedge between Zayn and I. I close friendship that he and I had and she nearly destroyed it.
-
Zayn barged through the door of his bedroom and I followed right behind him. We had been yelling at each other since we got into his house. Luckily it was after school and no one was home and Tricia didn't get home till later almost in time for dinner.
-
"You have to be fucking kidding me!" I exclaimed at him. "She's literally driving us apart!" I mention.
-
"I get you're upset that we don't hang out like we used to, but you need to stop making up these little scenarios that clearly don't exist! Lucy has done nothing to you! Leave her alone! She's my girlfriend and if you can't accept that, I don't think we should be friends anymore!" Zayn exclaimed.
-
His words took me by surprised. Zayn's and I had been close for a while now, he and I had more in common with each other that we thought. Both having dead beat parental figures. Coming from broken homes, we confide in each other he was going to throw it away for some stupid girl. Zayn and I had more than a bond, we had been intimidate with each other many times before she came into the picture never really calling our flings anything. Or ever making it official.
-
I knew Lucy was going to be a problem the day she threatened me to stay away from Zayn. She caught me outside of school and told me that I better stay away from Zayn, now that he was with her. I didn't tell Zayn because no fucking threat from her ever scared me, but when Zayn started hanging out with me less and less, I began to question what kind of shit she had put in his head about me and whether or not he believed it or not.
-
"You're going to let a five month relationship with her, get between us and everything that we have ever told each other and trusted in each other, go? because some girl is sucking your dick every now and then!?" I exclaimed. "I sucked it first, let me at least get the same fucking treatment as she is!"
-
"Get out." He said pointing at his bedroom door.
-
I left that day angrily, and I didn't think I talk to him for the rest of that semester.
-
Adam has sat down on a bench, and I sat down next to him, with cool crisp win hitting through my strands of hair. "He's been after me since the day I walked into that class." He admitted. "It went from one thing to another, here we are. Turns out those two are in love with each other?" He sighed. "I didn't want to believe it." He ran his fingers through his hair frustrated.
-
I cleared my throat. "Maybe Selena, didn't want to hurt your feelings." I suggested.
-
"But she could've told me." He says facing me. "Even if it hurt, she could've told me and I would have understood." He says.
-
"Maybe, she figured she could've told you tonight." I suggest. "Until you know.." I didn't want to even mention Zayn's name, pissing him off even more was not a risk I was willing to take. I didn't even know the guy like that, at least when Zayn got angry I knew what he was like.
-
I was freezing at this point. He noticed my thighs put together as I tapped my heels and hugged myself. "Here." He said taking off his jacket and putting it on my arms. "You didn't have to stay you know?" He says.
-
"I know. Thanks." I said with a small smile taking his jacket. "However, I don't know the level of awkward the car ride back to the uni, would've been." I admit. "Plus men do stupid things when they're angry." I lifted my shoulders.
-
He chuckles. "Even if you had went, I would've been fine." He says to me with a smile afterwards. "How can you friends with him?" He said not even bothering to say Zayn's name. He's been the center of conversation the whole night. "How can anyone be friends with him?"
-
"Let's jus say, I'm a really old friend of his." I say. "He and I go way back." I confess. "I see him in a different light than you do, to you he may be right worst person in this earth. But to me he's different...he's like my best friend." I admit.
-
"He? You're best friend?" He chuckles. "Give me a break." He leans back into the bench.
-
"You can have an opinion, it's ok." I admit. "Especially right now, with that whole episode that happen earlier, it's really ok." I say,
-
Zayn and I had gone through all the titles, before I finally settled that he was indeed my best friend. Zayn could be the worst person to everyone, but I saw him differently that they did. No one in this world other than Levi and I understood Zayn. At times in the past I understood Zayn more than Levi. Sure he was one of our good friends, but Levi has everything in tact, a good kid with parents that loved him. He was Zayn and I's happy pill. We understood each other on a different level of sanity, and he and I both knew that.
-
Zayn knew I would there for him through thick and thin like he would be there from me as well. I don't know how many times I have forgiven Zayn for shit, he's done, but I could could count them all on my fingers. Especially have I left high school and transferred to Uni and he came looking for me in his senior year of high school. Begging for me to forgive him. Telling me that I was right, all along about Lucy.
-
I had learned to drive by the end of my senior year and I did all the packing myself, neither of parents were for me mentally, physically or emotionally. I had been in contact with Zayn's father for months, and he helped pay everything, all four years. The only person who I had ever seen as a father figure in my whole life, wasn't there for his own son, the same way my parents weren't for me. They had died in a car accident that took both their lives in a heartbeat, not that they ever cared about me in the first place, and lucky enough I was, that my 18th birthday couldn't come soon enough, or else I would've have ended up in some group home. Who knows what would have been of me, then.
-
He had helped me transfer and paid everything financially. At this point Zayn's father had cleaned himself up and he was trying to get in contact with his son, and after Zayn kept denying his calls. He knew the only way to his son, was through me. Once I had settled in my dorm room, and had left the door open so James could find me.
-
A light knock drove my attention towards the door and it was James. Who had walked in and looked around the dorm. "Got everything?" He says. "Anything else? Boxes, in the car?" He said.
-
"No, I think I got everything." I said with a smile. "Don't worry about helping me unpack. I got it." I told him. "Thank you James, so much." I said.
-
"If you ever need anything." He said. "Don't hesitate." He added. "When Zayn finds out I have been in contact with you, he is going explode in anger, but I'm trying Jackie." He said.
-
"I'll try to keep you as updated about him as I can." I semi-lie. Although I wasn't in contact with Zayn, I was bound to make amends with him.
-
"I should get going now." He said, embracing me in a hug. "You have my number." He says. "Remember, anything you need, don't hesitate." He said.
-
"Ok." I said with a smile. "Bye." I waved as he walked out the dorm room closing the door behind him and disappeared into the crowd of settling students.
•••
I had all weekend to unpack, and I wanted to hurry because I knew I couldn't get lazy. Not now. Everything was paid for, my room, my tuition, my classes and slacking was not an option, not even for the most minimal thing like decorating and settling in a dorm room. I guess James had pulled some strings with the board because I didn't see another bed on the other side of the room for a roommate. It was a relief in all senses.
-
There was knock at the door, and I had thought it was James who had forgot to mention something. "Come in." I said pulling things out of the boxes.
-
When I looked up it was Zayn who was walking in. "Jackie." He said.
-
"Zayn." I said. Crossing my hands over my chest. "What are you doing here?" I questioned, he wasn't my friend anymore, but I had hoped he came here to apologize and tell me I was right all along.
-
"Doniya, gave me the details." He said. "Uni, dorm number and everything." He said.
-
"Ok." I lifted my shoulders carelessly. "So what are you doing here?" I questioned, raising a brow at him.
-
"You were right." He said. "And I'm sorry." He added, taking slow steps towards me. "You were right about everything." He said. "Please forgive me, I was fucking idiot." He pleaded.
-
"Mhm." I raised my eyebrow at him and lifted my shoulders. "You really hurt me the day you chose her over me." I confess. "How fucking dare you?" I told him. "I would have chosen you over anything and anyone, I hope you know that."
-
He took my hand in his. "I'm so sorry." Kissing my fingers. "Fuck Jackie. Please." He said.
-
"I don't know Zayn." I told him. "I figured our bond would be stronger, but you went right after some bitch that came freshly transferred from California." I told him.
-
"Why didn't you tell me all the things she was saying to you behind my back?" He questioned.
-
"You think her little threats scared me?" I chuckled. "The worst fucking thing she could've done was tell the whole school I was a whore." I lifted my shoulders. "I heard it all before, nothing new." I lifted my shoulders carelessly. "Besides, you wouldn't have believed me, she had you wrapped around her fucking finger." I rolled my eyes.
-
"She left me." He says, which causes my eyes to widen by surprise.
-
"Left you?" I question, kneading my eyebrows together.
-
"I-...I got her pregnant." He says.
-
"You what!?" I exclaimed.
-
"Shit happened ok? All I know, is her parents didn't like it and she picked up her things and left, I can't find her anywhere in Bradford." He says. "She left." He said, voice filled with emotion. "Without saying word."
-
"But did she keep it?" I questioned him.
-
"I don't know." He also says.
-
"You still love her?" I questioned.
-
"Like a fucking fool." He admitted.
-
Adam has stood up from the bench, bring me out of my train of flashbacks. Driving my attention to him. "We should probably head back to the uni." He said.
-
"Sounds like a good idea." I admitted.
-
As I was standing up, winced in pain, I really couldn't handle. These heels anymore, and I took them off, I didn't care. My feet ached and I knew if I took another step with them on, I wouldn't have made it to the car, to say the least. "Here let me help you." Adam said.
-
"It's fine, I'll manage." I said.
-
"Truly I insist." He said, next think I knew he picked me up bridal style, with my heels dangling in my fingertips over the concrete ground, he smiled and walked us towards his car.
-
"This is so embarrassing." I cover my face with my hand.
-
"The concrete is cold, and it would be ridiculous if I let you walked barefoot like that all the way to the car." He said. "It's ok." He says.
-
"Thank you." I said. "You didn't have too." I admit.
-
"Oh yes I did." He insists. "You're welcome." He smiles.
-
As for Zayn and I? I ended up forgiving him, that day.

•••