15 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 15
-

Zayn's Point of View

THAT NIGHT SELENA and I ate dinner, and we just ended up talking. For once I didn't feel like anyone was hiding something from me. Like each word said there was a lie behind it. Selena, was transparent and she said things with honesty. Which got me thinking about Lucy's words about Selena. She could've just left me there and talked down to me while I was drunk off my ass a few minutes ago, but instead she just talked, we talked. At this point I just thought Lucy was making all that shit up to get into my head. It what she did anyway.
-
Selena's Point of View

The next morning I had come back from a class before midday and Zayn wasn't make yet. I was rather worried because at times Zayn could disappear at times and not check in. Sometimes, I didn't know about him on hours on end, and I felt like if I texted him, he'd grow slightly annoyed. I didn't want to play that clingy, paranoid, girlfriend, but if he was with Jackie, I slightly grew worried. They lead on more than they actually seem. But I guess they are just friends.
-
Zayn's Point of View

I was walking out of business and I was running a bit late, since the professor could not shut the fuck up in time. As I was walking down the corridor, I spotted Adam. I rolled my eyes, and hurried along hopefully there would be no exchange of any as we crossed shoulders, in the crowded scene of college kids just walking back and forth. However, I was so wrong.
-
"Hey have you seen Selena?" He questioned me and that only made my blood boil.
-
"Many times." I say sarcastically lifting my shoulders carelessly.
-
He scoffed. "Funny." He added. "Would you tell me where she is?"
-
"No." I said bluntly.
-
"But you do know where she is?" He added on.
-
"Yeah but why would I tell you?" I lift my shoulders carelessly.
-
"Do you both have something going on?" He questions.
-
I sigh. "No."
-
"Then why do you treat her as such?" He questioned, and we have circled this question many but many times.
-
Because she's my girlfriend, you dumb prick.
-
"And you care suddenly because?" I question.
-
"Because she's such an amazing girl, and you treat her as if no one can talk to her, look at her or even breath her way." He says.
-
"Well she's not." I literally don't even know how to bullshit my way out of this conversation anymore. "Now, I have to go." I said walking past him.
-
"Wait." He stops me dead on my tracks. I let out a big sigh of frustration but don't turn my attention towards him. "Then you won't mind if I ask her out on Saturday night?" He says.
-
I suddenly take interest into what he is saying and I turn my attention to him, I thought Selena had said she turned him down? Already? Did she lie to me? Or was he doing this to push my buttons further. He didn't seem like the type to do so.
-
"Shoot your shot." I force a smile on my face.
-
"Since you do know where she is, kind hard to do so, since I don't know where she is." He says.
-
What a smart fuck.
-
"Do you see her here? Anywhere? Around me? Beside me? But when I do see her, I'll be sure to deliver your message." I shoot right back.
-
"Would you?" He adds.
-
"You're pushing it." I fire back.
-
"Very well then, tell her." He says. "I have been waiting to tell her for a very long time now, and I just need a final yes or no." He says. "I think she's amazing and beautiful-.."
-
"Save your fucking wedding vowels." I stop him before he goes any further. "I'll tell her."
-
"Thanks." He says.
-
"Whatever." I said and walked out through the double doors or the building.
-
Selena's Point of View

While I waited for Zayn to arrive, I was talking to my mother on the phone. We had been on the line for a very long time now and we were just rambling on about various of things. How I was doing in school, how her job was. I wasn't to keen on touching on the Zayn subject yet. I needed to let it play out first before I got carried away in the conversation with my mother. I asked how my baby sister was. Since, her and my father divorced she had gotten remarried and had a baby with her new husband. Gracie was a newborn when I came to study abroad. I had hung up the phone and set it on the coffee table.
-
I leaned back onto the sofa and wondered where Zayn could be, should I even bother calling or texting him? Would  I be too much?
-
Seconds later the door opened and Zayn walked in, tossing his keys on the coffee table and tossing his books on the sofa across from me. "Where were you?" I questioned.
-
"I got out of class late cause the professor wouldn't shut the fuck up." He says "However, you got some explaining to do because I ran into prince charming." He says.
-
Adam had told him. I knew this was coming.
-
He sat across from me and pinched the bridge of his nose, before talking a frustrated sigh and letting out a breathless laugh. "I don't know how you got him whipped as fuck." He says. "Why did you lie to me and tell me you had already turned him down?" He says. "That motherfucker, told me to my face how much he fucking loves you, and it took everything I fucking had not to knock him the fuck out." He says angrily.
-
"I-..." I begin. "I was hoping to get to him first." I admit to him. "I wanted to tell him tomorrow in literature." I add.
-
"You lied to me." He says. "And let me tell you Adam has the fucking nerves." He says. "He told me he had been waiting for a yes or no response from you?" He says.
-
"He caught me off guard ok?" I defend myself. "He just blurted out during the lecture, how do I tell him right there and then!" I exclaim.
-
"He goes on to tell me how amazing and beautiful you are." He laughs breathlessly. "He sent a little message with me for you saying that he wants to ask you out tomorrow night."
-
My eyes widen. "Why are you so calm about this?"  I say as I notice he's come down from his anger compared to how he first walked in.
-
"So are you going out with him?" He questions.
-
"Aren't you jealous?" His calm attitude took me by surprise.
-
"I am." He admits. "But you're old enough to make your own decisions." He says. "I think you know the answer by now."
-
"Zayn, you and I are dating, how am I suppose-..." I begin.
-
"I know, he questioned me about it too." He adds. "But I couldn't just flat out tell him." He sighs.
-
"This is suppose to be a lowkey thing, and it just growing into a big mess." I add.
-
"You want other people to find out?" He says.
-
"No." I added, and I didn't. Some already had their suspicions. "I guess I'll say yes to his date." I sigh. "But what are you going to do while I'm gone?"
-
"Oh you just thought I was going to stay here and sit around until you came back?" He says. "What if he tries something? Anything? I am not taking any chances. Fuck that, I get someone to go with me and it's turning into a double date." In a matter of second Zayn had created a grand plan.
-
"If he agrees, who are you coming with?" I question.
-
"Jackie." He says and I can't help but get a little heated inside.

•••