60 ; Revised

A/N: Hey guys sorry for the long extended hiatus, I have a job and most days I come home too tired to do anything! Thank you for your patience! Also it's come to my attention that some of you wondered where the original version of this story is, what I can say is this is the original story (same plot/characters etc.) but it is just upgrade from all the cringy writing I did when I first wrote this at 13 years old.
-
Triggering Dialogue: Lucy's Point of View
-
Stars Dance
Chapter 60
-
Selena's Point of View

I GOT READY quickly and quietly careful not to wake Jackie who despite my efforts to remain as silent as I could be, stretched and squirmed around her bed before taking a big yawn which caught my attention with a big smile. She sat on the edge of my bed, as she watched me pace around, gathering myself for a class I already felt like I was running late too. She stood up and walked over to the coffee maker that was in the corner of our dorm and turned it on.
-
"Why the rush?" Jackie questioned rubbing her eyelids with her fingers.
-
"I woke up slightly late." I said pacing back and forth.
-
She raised a brow, looked over at the digital clock on the nightstand and then back at me, maybe I wasn't was late late. She lifted her shoulders and turned around to pour herself a cup of coffee and offered me one in the process. "Coffee?" She said motioning the cup towards me.
-
I smiled. "Thanks."
-
"So how was Friday night with Zayn and Saturday morning with him?" Jackie wiggled her brows followed by a smirk and I knew exactly what she was hinting at. "Cause I mean I wouldn't know, I was with Adam these past few days." She confessed.
-
"How about it? So you and Adam huh?" I tried turning this around on her. "Did you guys...you know?" I nudged her slightly.
-
She clicked her teeth and nudged me. "No, no, no, don't try to turn this back around on me. Are you guys together, have words of forgiveness been spoken and amends been fixed?" She tried sounding poetic.
-
"If you're wondering if we slept together...just say that." I laughed.
-
"So did you guys fuck or what? Such suspense." Jackie said bluntly.
-
I rolled my eyes. "If you must know, we did, but I was too drunk to remember it all." I admit. "I couldn't spare you any detail...plus it was a big mistake." I say.
-
"But you love him-..." She begins .
-
"Yeah but none of it changes the fact that he lied to me about everything." I said annoyingly. "Besides you knew about it too the whole time and didn't say a word." I rant more than I intend too catching myself by surprise with widen eyes.
-
She cleared her throat letting out a slight scoff. Knowing Jackie maybe I shouldn't have crossed the line. "I know, I know and I will admit it, and you have every right to fucking hate my existence right now." She admits. "I should've told you something, I should've just ignored Zayn and just told you all of it." She says sipping into her coffee. "I'm sorry." She apologizes.
-
I nods her head sideways letting out a sigh of relief. "It's fine, I'm just frustrated with this whole situation, Zayn's love life isn't any of your business now that you have your own. I just-...he asked me to go to Bradford with him this weekend and I don't know what to do, I said yes..but I don't know-... my head is telling me don't go but my heart wants to do the exact opposite." I admit. If anyone knew what Zayn was thinking, it would be Jackie.
-
She sets her mug down near the coffeemaker. "Oh Selena." Jackie says embracing me into a tight hug. "I don't want to tell you something and have it go to shit, because at the end of the day it's your choice." She admits to me. "All I can tell you is, whether you choose to go or not, at the end of the day Zayn has good intentions with all of this, whatever it is he's planning. I have never seen him willing to fight this desperately." She admit.
-
"Really?" She questioned. "Not even for Lucy?"
-
"A few times yes, more than I can count actually." She admits honestly. "But it got tiring after awhile, he looked mentally and emotionally exhausted." She confesses. "She drained him out of his energy completely." Jackie admits. "He was lifeless, what she did to him wasn't the Zayn I grew to know. He was different...before her." She trailed off.
-
I took her hands in mine. "Jackie please tell me. You have to tell me from your perspective because he will never confess it to me." I nodded my head sideways. "I imagine it's traumatic for him to talk about and he will never truly tell me." I begged.
-
Jackie chuckled nervously. "Selena I don't know..." She was hesitant.
-
"Jackie please." I begged. "I love him." I admitted to myself. "But I can't love him unless I know everything that lead up to everything being this way. The secrets, the lies...please Jackie." I begged.
-
She sighed running her hands through her hair before giving in. "Ok, ok." She said sure of her answer. "Fine."
-
We sat in the sofa and she cleared her throat pushing her hair behind her ears. "Listen I can't tell you everything, everything but because of her Zayn and I were distant for while. She drove a wedge through us and I was really upset because at the time I thought nothing could separate Zayn and I, we were like to goddamn pea's in a pod." She chuckled.
-
"What happened?" I questioned.
-
"Listen I won't lie to you, because it shouldn't be a secret, we're both adults and we should be able to handle things maturely. Zayn and I before her, we were like a thing." She says carefully. "We weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, but we would occasionally mess around with each other from time to time." She says.
-
My eyes widen. "Wait-...you and Zayn-..." I begin.
-
She rolls her eyes and lets out a frustrated sigh. "Yes Selena, Zayn and I would fuck each other from time to time ok?"
-
I nodded my head. "So what does this have to do with Lucy-..."
-
"She just didn't like that I was around much and involved in Zayn's life like that, I mean his mom adored me and his sisters loved me, what the fuck was I suppose to do just get up one day and leave? No. I stayed out, I respected their relationship which meant Zayn and I weren't messing around with each other like we used to at the time before she came along. Except she just didn't like me." Jackie chuckles. "I was Jacqueline Jacobs the schools whore, and she couldn't believe Zayn had befriended such a monstrosity in her eyes." She continued. "What else was I suppose to do? Levi and Zayn were all I had, I was an only child and my parents were dead beats-...I mean for me? It didn't get any better than that." She lifts her shoulders.
-
I nod my head side to side. "I can't believe I didn't see any of it before, her time, her words the way she would get annoyed at Zayn's presence-...I'm fucking blind." I said angrily.
-
"Eventually Zayn got sick of her, on and off on and off, all the time. She's entangle him all these professed words of love and "this time it's gonna be different' bullshit and he would always go back to her." She rolled her eyes.
-
"How did that affect your friendship?" I question her.
-
"Eventually I just got sick of seeing him just beat himself up for things that were out of his control." She confessed. "When I tell you she was like some fucking witch that managed to bring him back to her every single time...Zayn was just constantly down. It's like he kept going back thinking things were going to be different with her." She admits. "He already had enough shit going on with him and his parents and then comes some girl who just manages to turn your whole world upside down?" She explains. "I told him straight up one day, and it backfired because he hit me with the "if you're not happy for me and support me in my relationship-...what kind of friend are you? Bullshit." Jackie explains.
-
"I'm assuming that's the wedge." I chuckle.
-
Jackie nodded her head. "She fucking took that thing and carved it deep between us, that's the first time Zayn had ever and I mean ever chose her over me." She points with her finger in the air. "I saw how horrible and miserable he would be everyday because of her, to the point he didn't want to move out of bed, and he still went and chose her over me."
-
"I bet she thought she had succeeded." I comment.
-
"She sure fucking did, because eventually Zayn and I managed to come back and he and she were done for good. Zayn and I got it in a few times after that and here we are now." She lifts her shoulders.
-
"Well they weren't completely done, if he didn't have the fucking balls to tell me everything from the start." I debate. "Months after months and Lucy nor did he say one word to me."
-
She clicks her teeth and rubs circles or comfort in my upper back as she leans into me. "The thing you have to understand Selena is their relationship ended but it left many pages unturned." She explains. "Zayn has had fought a long battle with his own thoughts and feelings about her, because she was a toxicity that just managed to pull him in every single time he fought to push her away." Jackie explains. "Lucy likes mind games, and she fucked with his mind so badly that at one point I swear to you he thought he couldn't live with out her."
-
I looked at her confused. "How?" With eyebrows pushed together.
-
"That is not my story to tell." She says motioning a zipper on her mouth and tossing away the key.
-
I sighed and nodded my head thinking about that trip to Bradford with Zayn twice as hard now. I turn to Jackie. "She's the mean girl that basically bullied you in high school isn't she?" I put the pieces together of the insinuations of "girls" making Jackie's high school experience miserable.
-
"I was wondering when the pieces were going to start clicking." She motions with her fingers. I chuckle.
-
Zayn's Point of View