31 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 31
-

Selena's Point of View

AT THE END of class, we had stayed back so the professor could give us the information. Once, he did we walked out at I was looking at the flight and hotel information. Zayn and I walked side by side as I looked through and read the information given to me. "We literally leave at the crack of dawn, Wednesday morning." I told Zayn.
-
"Really?" He said, looking down at the paper in my hands. "Well he did say we had to be there by Thursday morning." Zayn recalled.
-
"The department booked two separate hotel rooms." I said to Zayn and he took the paper from my hands.
-
"I'm sure there is a way around that." He said looking at me then handing me back the paper with information on it.
-
"I doubt it." I said to him lifting my shoulders.
-
"I'll find a way." He said. "I guess we better head on back to the flat and start packing." He said to me.
-
"Wait." I pulled on his arm and he looked back at me, waiting for me to say something. "I want to check on Jackie and make sure she's doing alright, after what happened yesterday." I admitted.
-
He raised an eyebrow at me. "So you and Jackie are like friends now?" He said. "I wonder what you both talked about the day before yesterday then?" He questioned.
-
"I just admitted to her that I didn't want things to be awkward between us when we were around you." I confessed. "I mean...the awkwardness was there, and it was just a chip on my shoulder I wanted to get off." I admitted to him. "I judged her way too hard, and I think it was mainly because Lucy never had any good things to say about her." I admitted to Zayn.
-
"She never has anything good to say about anybody." Zayn sighed.
-
"It always lingered in my mind why she always had a negative misconception about Jackie when she didn't even know her." I lifted my shoulders carelessly. "I understand that rumors were rumors but how could you dislike a person so much just based on that." I explained to Zayn.
-
He didn't say anything about the situation though just listened as we walked across campus towards the dormitories to check up on Jackie. "Same goes for you, she doesn't know you and she just dislikes you so much, from the moment I met you she would just talk so negatively about you, just based on rumors." I explained to Zayn. "It's just weird."
-
"Yeah..." Zayn trailed off. "I don't understand it either." He smiled. "People are just like that I guess." He chuckled.
-
We walked into the dormitories together and made our way towards Jackie's on the second floor. As we walked through, every girl in this building just looked at Zayn like a piece of meat, and just eyed me up and down, trying not to pay attention to much of it. He didn't really notice it but I did and that bothered me a bit. I knew Zayn had been with girls in the past, and that made me a bit self-conscious.
-
Zayn knocked on the Jackie's door and called out her name. "Jaqueline." He said and waited for the door to open. There was no answer and maybe it was just too early, and she was likely asleep. He knocked again. "Jackie are you awake?" He said.
-
I heard a thump on the other sighed followed by a groan. When suddenly the door clicked open and it was Jackie half asleep with bed hair, in nothing but a tank top and some panties. "What do you both want?" She groaned. "Look at the fucking time." She sighed, she pushed the door wide open letting Zayn and I walk through, as she walked her way back to her bed.
-
I found it strange that Jackie did not have a care in the world about being in panties and tank top, with Zayn being in the room. Maybe these two were closer than they lead on to be. "Selena wanted to check up on you after what happened yesterday, and put some shorts on at least." Zayn said to Jackie as she hid under the covers and rolled over to the other side.
-
"Nothing you haven't seen before." She said carelessly. Now at was curious with Zayn's and Jackie's past, and I would use that time being in the states to ask him about it, I thought. "I'm fine, you both can leave now." She said.
-
"Selena and I are leaving to the states, Wednesday." Zayn said.
-
She uncovers her face with the sheets, and gives Zayn and I a questionable look. "Why?"
-
"She and I won this essay contest of whatever for the literature department, and we're going in representation." Zayn explained and I smiled.
-
"Well look at you." She said to Zayn with a smile. "Have fun I guess." She said to Zayn and I. "Wrap it up and stay safe." She said to him and my eyes widen at her words followed by a slight laugh.
-
"Very funny." Zayn said. "Anyway call us if you need anything." He said.
-
"Selena you call me if you need anything." She said to me with a wink and eyes Zayn.
-
"Bye Jaqueline." I said pulling on Zayn's arm as we both back tracked towards the door of her room.
-
Zayn and I shut the door behind us and we began making our way downstairs and out the door towards the complex. As we were about to get into the car to go, Zayn stopped on his tracks and pulled on my arm. "How about you go to the flat, and get a head start on the packing." He said. "I have most of my clothes at the dorm, I need to get before packing." He explains.
-
"Ok." I said to him with a smile. "Don't be too long." I kissed is lips before he walked off towards the frat house and I want heading my way towards the apartment complex to start packing.
-
Zayn's Point of View