21 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 21
***
Zayn's Point of View

SELENA SPENT NEARLY an hour or so in the quiet rooms going over our drafts for our essays. However most of the time there was spent on making out, our lips touching against one another while my hand riddled up her thigh as her hand always lied on top of mine always creating that small barrier between my want and her hesitation. When we both had enough for today she packed everything in her bookbag while I stood up from the chair. We walked out of the quiet room, and I followed behind her as she pushed to doors out of the library onto the campus, I looked around and it was nearly the afternoon as the student body traffic had slowed down for the day.
-
"I'm hungry." She said. "Wanna grab dinner?" She suggested as she walked down the stairs and I followed behind her.
-
"Sounds good." I said to her, in all honesty I was hungry as well. "What are you thinking?" I question her food taste.
-
"Chinese is fine." She smiled as I walked beside her, and walked us towards my car. "You like Chinese?" She questioned.
-
"Love it." I joked and she laughed. "My treat."
-
"I can pay for my own." She said pridefully
-
"I know you can." I said. "But I want to."
-
"No." She nodded her head sideways.
-
"We will see about that." I winked and she lightly smacked my shoulder as I opened the car door for her and she got in as I did the same in the drivers seat.
***
Selena' Point of View

We arrived at  Chinese restaurant in a matter of minutes and we both hurried in with the hunger we both had. We walked in and the atmosphere was quiet with dim lighting and classical Chinese music playing in the background. Distracted as I was I realized had beat me to the front counter and was pulling out his wallet and handing it the cashier. I stood beside him and nudged his shoulder, and he shrugged innocently. Once her was handed back the receipt he stuffed in his pocket and we both walked towards a seating.
-
"Next time." I told him as we sat down in a booth, I was distracted.
-
"Tough luck." His says.
-
Not saying much else, we get up to get our plates of food from the small buffet they had available and once we had our drinks from the soda machine and plates of food we sat down on either side of the booth, so we would both be facing each other while we ate out food and talked. "They had tea." I suggested as I realized he had gotten his glass full of coca cola.
-
He looked up at me. "You think all brits drink tea with every meal?" He raised his brow. "Stereotypical don't you think?" He said with a slight smile.
-
"Sorry?" I said with a light shrug. "It's literally the most English thing ever so I assumed." I admit.
-
"I'm kidding." She says with a slight smile. "I do, just not iced." He said. "Never iced." I smile.
***
As we talked among ourselves, I ended up telling him a bit about my family, although my story would never be comparable or relatable to what happened within his, he nodded and listened to every word. While in the back on my mind, I still hang a lingering thought on why everyone Zayn ever new or befriended painted such a negative picture of him. Was Zayn one person with me and  complete different with others?
-
We had set our finished plates of food to the side, and as we were ready to go and get up for another one, my attention was taken away from Zayn and focused on Chris who stood before us, in a red shirt that had the restaurant's name sown into the right hand corner. "Chris...hi." I said with a small voice, nearly a whisper as I didn't want to draw attention to the three of us.
-
I looked over at Zayn who's facial expression had completely changed from a lightened mood just a few seconds ago, to a defensive stance, is jaw clenched on the side of his face and his eyes where set straight on Chris who stood in front of both of us with a small smirk on his face, as his attention from me was put on Zayn. "Hello Selena." He said as his attention turned back to me.
-
I smile. "You work here as well?" I questioned trying to clear the tension in the air, mainly coming from Zayn's end who was visible as day.
-
"I do actually." He says with a smile. "Weekends mainly." He adds. "Money is tight right now." He says. "Zayn should know why." He looks over at him carelessly.
-
"Oh." I say.
-
"Well enjoy your food." He said. "See you around Selena." He said with a smirk. "Zayn." He looked over at him blankly and walked away.
-
"Is there something going on between you two that I should know about?" I questioned getting straight to the point instead of beating around the bush. "Both of you have changed since the night of that party." I say.
-
Zayn lets out a big sigh. "There is only a certain level of tolerance I can take with Chris." He explains. "Let's just say he hasn't been the greatest of friends." He adds. "Plus he fancies you, it is clear as day." He says.
-
"Fancies me?" I question. "I haven't given him any reason to think that." I say as I spot Chris over at another table as he continues is work routine. "Did you both have a fight that night of that frat party?" I question Zayn for answers. "Did you?" I press.
-
"Not that time." He admits. "But one where he said some shit that I really didn't like and Levi had to intervene and Jackie had to be called over."  He tells me. "I destroy near half his shit in his house, it was pretty bad." He admits to me. "When I get like that, Jackie is the only one who can bring me down from it." He confesses. "She just has a way with words...." He trails off.
-
"But why would you do that?" I questioned.
-
"Because he pissed me off." I says with a careless shoulder shrug. "Besides it was at a time when you and I had barely met, it was nothing." He adds.
-
"The guy is working overtime to fix things you broke." I nearly exclaim.
-
"He'll live." He says as if it was nothing.
-
"What was the fight about?" I question him.
-
"Drop it ok?" He says.
-
"I will get up and ask him." I say nearly threating. "Tell me." I demand.
-
"It was about you ok?" He admits. "Is that what you wanted to hear?" He says following a sigh. "Now that I think of it, it was stupid really." He nearly laughs. "I didn't know you, we were barely getting to know each other and when he opened his mouth he said we was going to take you from me." He says. "I know, I know." He says before I could say anything else. "We we're nothing at the time, but when Chris wants something he will get it at all costs." He says. "I don't like how he looks at you or smiles at you because to him you're nothing more than just another fuck." He confesses. "He has had his eye set on you since the moment you walked into the frat on the New Years Eve party." He confesses.
***
Selena's Point of View

The morning before class I was in the study hall in the lounging chairs with Vanessa and Ashely studying while they did their own thing, the three of us sat there gathered as we enjoyed out time together in the bit that we have throughout there days. "So how are things between you and Zayn?" Ashely questions me.
-
I take attention from my notes and look up at Ashely who remains focus on me while Vanessa nods her head in agreement to her statement as she takes her focus because to her laptop. "Uhm..." I say not really knowing what to say when I notice Lucy walk in through the doors of the study hall with books in her hands as she sits down across the hall in another set of lounge chairs alone. "Good." I say not really say much and shrugging it off.
-
"Good?" Vanessa says in a question.
-
I pick up my iPhone and look at the lock screen as I see that it nearing my class time and I pick up my things and put them in my bookbag. "Talk to you guys later ok?" I tell them as I stand up from the sofa and bring my bag over my shoulder. I'm going to be late." I said to my friends as I begin to walk away.
-
"We're not done here!" Ashely exclaims as I reach the doors.
-
"Didn't think so!" I say back and walk out and down the hall to my literature class.
-
Once I reach the door, I walk in to find my seat when I spot Adam we sits in a chair close to mine. I freeze, knowing it has been days since Zayn and his encounter. I was embarrassed to even look at him. I didn't even know what to say, I just couldn't brush everything off and sweep it under the rug like nothing ever happened. Zayn wasn't here yet, but I had made it clear in a text where I was going to be.
***
Zayn's Point of View

Once class was over, Selena and I were quick to walk out the lecture hall. I was confused when I had arrived why we were sitting really close towards the door, but when I walked in and say Adam sitting in the same chair he sat since he arrived and realized so did Selena and I  and after everything that had happened a few day ago, I could understand why she was avoiding such confrontation. I didn't say anything about it towards the end as we were walking out.
-
Selena and I had walked into the study hall room where I spotted Lucy and she was sitting with her other two friends, Selena noticed and instead of walking towards their direction she instead guided us towards another part of the study hall away from Lucy who had her attention set on both of us. When prince fucking charming walked in through those two doors as well, the tension in this room had rose at an all time high. It would only be a matter of second in this room would be turned upside down.
-
"This got awkward really fast." Selena said in a whisper as we at down across the room from where Lucy sat in which she had her gaze fixed on Selena and I.
-
Adam had walked in and instead of saving himself the embarrassment for looking fucking stupid for walking in here, he sat down in a chair near the door, and opened a book he held in his hands and looked down at it while he rested his head onto his hand.
-
The overwhelming feeling of tension that was brought upon Selena nearly made her freeze in time, she began shifting in her seat and pick at the loose hems of her shirt in pure nervous. I could not stand seeing her in such a restless state, knowing she was the one who always gave me the comfort of feeling like myself. I stood up from the sofa in where we sat. I took a deep breath and the captured the attention of what seemed like everyone except for the two people I wanted the most to hear.
-
"We're dating ok?" I said out loud. Selena stood up beside me in widen eyes. "Is that what you all wanted to hear?"
•••