10 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 10
-
Selena's Point of View

I WOKE UP the next morning to met Zayn at the local coffee shop on campus, to talk. Really, to just talk because it is all this project involved in order to finish out written project. I was hesitant to meet him because of the way ended things last time on the wrong foot. I arrived first and ordered hot coffee and sat at one of the tables to sit and wait for him. My coffee arrived before Zayn did, and I began pulling out my notebook and pen, when I spotted Zayn walking towards the coffee shop, my eyes widen when I noticed his face, he has purple bruises on his right eyebrow, his lip was bruised as well. The way he held onto his ribcage when we walked up to pull on the door.
-
He approached the table and he slowly sat down and winced in pain and sat down in front of me. "Zayn what happened?" I questioned him as he rested his arms on the table, pulling out his folded notebook and pen onto the table.
-
He ignored my question and opened his notebook. "Here's what I got, I'm writing more as time goes." He says. "I'll be done with it soon." He says.
-
"Zayn, look at you-..." I point out. "Who did this to you?" She questioned.
-
He sighed. "So what do you have written about me so far? Are you almost done with mine?" He said.
-
"Would you forget about the stupid project for once!" I exclaimed. "I want to know what happened to you." I said with sincerity.
-
"I clearly remember you telling me that you wanted nothing to do with me, unless I had the written portion of my project. So I am here, and this is what I have." He says pushing the notebook towards me.
-
I sighed. "None of this matters, when you're hurt like this." I admitted. "Do you need to go to a hospital? Is there anything-..."
-
"I am fine." He says. "Let's get on with this project." He says, trying to move but every time he did he held onto his ribcage.
-
"If you were, you wouldn't be wincing in pain. Look at you, you can't even hide it." I point out.
-
"Don't worry about it, seriously." He brushes it away. "Just reputation stuff, that's all." He chuckles. "But I'm sure you already heard about it around campus." He lifts his shoulders carelessly.
-
"Zayn you worry me." I admitted. "You're treating this as a joke, when its not. You look seriously hurt." I say.
-
"But I already told you that I'm fine. Don't worry about me." He brushed me off. "What matters is that I'm breathing and walking." He says carelessly.
-
"Did you notify your mom and dad about this?" I question.
-
"I don't need to worry my mum." He says. "Because nothing is wrong with me." He adds. "And I doubt my piece of shit father cares." He chuckles. "So if we're not, going to work on this then, I'll be on my way." He says standing up slowly. "Have a good day." He says and walks off, leaving me alone in the cafe.

•••

I didn't stop Zayn, from leaving and I had nothing going on for me the rest of the day, I picked up my lips and finished my coffee before tossing the cup in the trash can. I walked off back towards the sorority house, and through the double doors, and down the hallway back to my room.
-
Where I spotted Jackie, heading the other direction looking through her bag, when she spotted me. I didn't want to talk with her however, I couldn't look at her in the face after I caught Zayn and her in such a compromising position the other night.
-
"Selena, right?" She called for my attention, stopping me on my tracks from going to my room.
-
I smiled. "Yeah, that's me." I said.
-
"You're working with Zayn on a project right?" She said with a smile.
-
"Yeah, we are." I said. "We had to cut our time short right now because-...he's not well." I didn't know how else to put it. "He's got, bruises and things all over his face and knuckles-..." I explained with hand gestures. "Do you know what happened?" I dared to question. She probably knew more than me.
-
"Uhm." She pushed her hair behind her ear. "Guy stuff, you know?" She chuckled. "But he's fine." I lifted her shoulders carelessly. "But actually Selena can we-..." She began, when Lucy appeared behind me and immediately stopped.
-
"Selena." Lucy smiled patting on my shoulder. She eyed Jackie, but she sighed holding her bag strap closer to her shoulder and her eyesight fell to the ground. "Wanna go out for lunch? My treat." She smiled.
-
"Sure." I smiled. "Uhm Lucy, this is Jackie, Zayn's girl-..."
-
Jackie lifted up her head with a smile. "Friend, Zayn's friend." She said. Reaching out for Lucy's hand. "My name is Jaqueline, but Jackie is fine." She said.
-
Her words caught my attention, and I was surprised at her choice of words. She was Zayn's friend. But it didn't seem like it the night of the party. "Lucy." Said the brunette girl standing let to me, extending her hand and connecting it with Jackie's.
-
"I'll see you around Selena." Jackie said and walked off the other direction. Leaving Lucy and I to stand along in the corridor.
-
The atmosphere between the two girls seems tense, but that could just be me. "Do you know her?" I questioned Lucy.
-
"Jackie?" She questioned. "No why?" She said with concern.
-
"It seemed like it." I admit. "When you appeared, her body language changed completely, so did yours." I point out.
-
"Well, it was awkward." Lucy lifts her shoulders. "I just popped out of nowhere, interrupting your conversation. I mean-..." She said.
-
"Yeah, you're probably right." I said. "Where are we going to lunch?" I smile, changing topics.
-
"I know this great place." She said, with a smile and we both walked off out of the the sorority house.