73 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 73
•••
Lucy's Point of View

"How far along are you!?" My mother and father shouted at me at early hours of the morning.
-
They weren't exactly thrilled to find out that I was pregnant once again. I figured that if I told them now that I was a adult able to make my own decisions about my reproductive organs, they would understand, and they did at first. Until they found out, the baby I was having was Zayn's.
-
"Why? So, you can take my baby right from out of my arms while I lay there on fucking drugs barely conscious of my surroundings from giving birth? So, you can give this one away to some random lady and her husband? Like you did before?" I scream at them.
-
They lived in London, and I had told them over dinner, a few weeks ago, and I had been avoiding them since. The dinner was nice, and for the most part they were excited yet worried about my pregnancy. Then I named dropped Zayn and their smiles fell.
-
My father pinched the bridge of his nose. "We gave that baby a nice and loving home." He tried to reason with me. "You were too young for a baby, a kid yourself—"
-
"We just wanted the best for you sweetie." My mom adds in while my father paces behind her tugging at his hair strands trying to remain sane.
-
"She was my baby." I cried.
•••
I woke up in the hospital bed, with an IV in my arms. I heard a beeping sound coming from behind me, the room was quiet, and both my mother and father sat in chairs against the windowsill in the room.
-
I tried to sit up but the pain from my hips down was intolerable. I groaned, that caught my parents' attention and the quickly rushed over to me.
-
"Sweetie, how are you feeling?" My mom questioned as she ran her fingers through my hair and my father smiled at me.
-
I look around the room, I don't even remember giving birth. Everything was a blur, all I remember was doctors telling me to push over and over, and my mom holding my hand along the way.
-
I had spent months leading up to the actual birth of my child, convincing my parents to actually let me go through with the pregnancy and not force me to abort my child. I had found out in first few months that she was going to be a girl.
-
"Where's my baby?" I began to panic; her little bassinet wasn't anywhere around. "Mom where's my baby? Dad?" I cried.
-
"Calm down, sweetie." My mom cooed.
-
"No, no! Where the hell is my baby!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "Where's my baby mom!" I shouted, crying in between.
-
"We did what we thought was best for you and the baby." My father added.
-
Something inside of me broke when I knew it was a baby girl, I had given birth and she was no longer with me. I cried like a mad woman, hysterically. "You did what?!" I shouted, tears streaming down my face. "Where is she? Where's my baby!!?" I shouted, squirming in the hospital bed trying to loosen myself from all the monitors they had me hooked up too.
-
My mom's eyes widen. "David, call someone! Sweetie please-..." She tried to calm me down.
-
I saw my dad rush towards the entrance of the room and looking side to side at the end of the hall before shouting for some help. "We need a doctor!" He pleaded.
-
I cried loudly and angrily that I didn't even get the chance to hold her in my arms before she was taken from me. "Mom where's my baby!!? Where is she mom!" I gripped her arms and shook her harshly. "Where is she! Tell me where she is! Tell me please! Please." I cried painfully.
-
Doctors rushed in with nurses, and they quickly got to work. "No! Stop!" I nudged them off of me. I noticed my mother cover her mouth with her hands crying in my father's arms. "Get off of me! Where is my baby! What did you do with her??" I scream at them.
-
I felt a pinch in my arm, and I faded into a calming darkness.
•••
One week had passed, since I left the hospital and all I could do was stay in my room and cry and cry over and over. My mother and father tried to come in multiple times, but I would just yell and scream from them to get out. I would grab things from my nightstand, anything I could find, and I would throw it at the door.
-
"Leave me alone!" I cried, grabbing a glass of water from the nightstand and throwing it at the door, and it shatters against it. "I don't want to see either of you!" I cried.
-
My eyes were puffy, and my face was red, the college semester was starting, and I don't know if I could muster up the courage and will to pretend that everything was fine. I felt helpless, lost, numb to this pain that I felt in my heart.
-
Was I just supposed to smile and laugh, and pretend that everything was alright, when it wasn't? I felt an empty void within me, and I just wanted to die. I would sit on the floor against my bed and stare out the window, wondering if I could at least know her name.
-
"Honey?" I heard a knock at my door for what felt like the millionth time this week.
-
"Go away." I said in a monotone.
-
"I have something for you." She said from outside the door.
-
I didn't think twice before I hurried to the door. I opened it, my mother stood outside with a picture in her hand. I motioned her to come in and she and I sat at the edge of the bed.
-
"What." I questioned, even though it didn't sound like one. I sniffled and pushed the loose strands of my hair behind my ear.
-
"Your father is at work, and I just can't bare seeing you like this anymore." She admitted. "He told me to never tell you but if it brings you peace it will bring me serenity." She spoke.
-
She said nothing and handed me a picture of a baby girl, all dressed up and posed in baby photos. She looked so small, and I just cried. I touched the glossy coating of the picture with my fingertips. Tears rolled down my face as I shut them tightly and I kissed the picture with my lips.
-
"Her name is Luna." She confessed. "She's with a loving family, a couple." She admitted. "Who couldn't conceive children of their own." She continued. "I've talked with them, and they agreed to let you see her and be part of her life, the address is on the back of the picture." My mother added and I turned to see the address in blue inked pen, a Bradford address. "Your father must never ever, know I gave you this photo, and Zayn must never know she exists."
-
I smiled looking at the photo in my hands. Luna.
•••
"No way under any circumstances were you going to bear a child at your young age!" My father defends his actions from before.
-
"It was never about that, and you know it." I remind him. "I was going to have his child and he just wasn't good enough for you."
-
"It's good that you recognize that then...he wasn't good for you! Look at his life, look at yours? Did you really think he would've given you and that baby a good life? You think that now?" My father argues as he points at my stomach and then motions his finger at the door behind me. "How could have this happened again? For the second time? And with that boy?!" He exclaimed.
-
"It's not rocket science dad!" I scoff. "I'm having this baby whether you like it or not! This Zayn's child and this time he will be involved, you can't force me to do anything anymore! I'm not that stupid naive little girl you always made me out to be."
-
"Fine." He gives up. "You're right." He agrees, which took me by surprise. "We're going to find that boy and he's going to respond for this, and he will own up to fatherhood, you will marry him, and you will get what go I always wanted, something I always opposed too." He explains.
-
I laugh. "You're insane, do you realize how insane you sound? This isn't the 1920's, I don't need him to raise a child." I roll my eyes. "I'm just giving him back what you took away from him."
-
In no way would I begin to explain to my father that Zayn and I weren't actually seeing each other in anyway and that he had fallen in love with my ex best friend, and I had "other means" of getting what I wanted.
-
"Is that what you want?" He spoke.
-
"David." My mother tried to reason.
-
"What kind of father would I be if I denied my only daughter a true shot a happiness." He smiled, devilishly. "Her happiness."
•••
Selena's Point of View