25 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 25
-
Selena's Point of View

IT WAS FRIDAY and Zayn and I hurried our way towards the lecture hall for literature. Since, our papers were due we couldn't even be a minute late. We hurried in and Professor McKinley had a small smile on his face. He pushes his glasses forward and cleared his throat. "Just the pair I was hoping to walk through my door." He said with a smile.
-
Zayn trailed behind me as I smiled at the professor. "Not another minute late professor."
-
"As expected Ms. Gomez." He said as I handed him my and Zayn's paper. "I paired everyone in this class, but you two I'm most excited to read your papers." He said flipping through our pages skimming through the written material. "Mr. Malik I am hopeful that you put as much of the work in as Ms. Gomez here." He looked passed me at Zayn as he lowered his glasses from his face.
-
"Oh I did." Zayn answered with a forced smile. "Let my work speak for itself."
-
"I very well hope that is the case." He says. "There is a contest to the States behind this essay, and while I am not suppose to be biased, even though it is not up to me." He said brushing over his statement. "I very well hope they choose you both to represent the literature and composition department." He smiles.
-
"Oh...that would be an honor." I said to him with a smile.
-
"Vey well then, enjoy your weekend, see you both in class on Monday." He said as Zayn and I smiled at the professor and made our way out of his office that morning.

***

Although I was free from literature, I wasn't free from my psychology class. While it was an elective, the course overall was very interesting, and since I was on a scholarship here, I planned to waste no time. I couldn't afford to. "Well, that was that." I said to Zayn. "It was nice working with you on this project, while it was difficult I feel like I got to know you." I teased.
-
Zayn gave me a confused look. "Did I miss something?" He said.
-
"I'm kidding." I laughed.
-
"Mhm." He hummed. "You thought you were going to get away from me that easily." He said approaching me and wrapping his arm around my waist. "Think again." He whispered against my ear.
-
"I was just kidding." I said pressing my lips against his.
-
"It better have been." He said. "Because I'm never letting you go." He said. "You're mine."
-
I put my hands on his chest pushing him away from me slightly. "Ok hotshot." I said patting on his shoulder. "I got to go." I told him. "I have a class here in a few."
-
"A class?" He questioned.
-
"You may not but I do." I point him. "I'll see you later?"
-
"I'll be at the frat." He said. "If were wondering afterwards." He said as I begin to walk off.
-
"Ok, I'll try to see you there after class." I told him.
-
"I'll see you outside there after class." He emphasized. "I don't want you walking in there alone."
-
"Zayn, I can take care of myself." I told him.
-
"I know you can, but I don't want you walking in there alone." He pleaded with me.
-
"Ok." I said. "We'll see." I winked and made my way towards my class.
-
Zayn's Point of View

I made my way towards the frat, to see what Levi was up to. I knew his schedule and Friday's he didn't have classes all day. I needed to talk with him and explained things that happened between Jackie and I so he didn't try anything. I didn't even want to see her. I walked in and like always, it was slightly noisy, with music playing in the back ground, and frat guys just walking around, playing video games on the couch with empty boose cans scattered all over the coffee table and other guy just sitting in the hangout room, drinking and smoking among each other sharing a good laugh.
-
"Well, well look who it is." My attention was brought towards the hang out room where I noticed Chris and Jackie sat, Levi sat along with them but he was more focused on his notepad, as he took a hit of smoke and continued his concentration on his work until Chris spoke up and he glanced to see what he was talking about. "The man of the hour." He smirked. "I thought you didn't live here anymore, well since you know..." He trailed off.
-
"I still live here." I didn't say much and walked passed Chris to sit down next to Levi.
-
Levi gave me a smile. "What's up mate?" I said and he nodded his head at me.
-
I noticed Chris who put his hands up in defeat, and didn't say anything and just sat down in the recliner chair across from me as Jake sat beside him. He was always a follower anyway. "Wanna hit?" Levi motioned the blunt in his hand to me, and I took it from his grasp and hit it as I leaned back into the sofa and let the cloud of smoke in the air about me.
-
"Guess Selena finally let you off the leash then?" Chris broke the tension in the room.
-
I sat up in the sofa and Levi was quick to jolt his head towards me. "Is that all you ever have to say?" I lifted my shoulders carelessly at him. "Every time you run your mouth the same fucking shit just comes out of it. What do you want from me Chris?" I told him, putting out the lit bulb of the blunt in the ashtray in front me.
-
"Just how hypocritical you fucking are." He said sitting up and leaning forward with his elbows propped on his thighs. "Everybody here can't fuck a freshman but you sure as hell can?" I clenched his jaw angrily.
-
I chuckle. "I never said you couldn't, your dick is yours and mine is mine-..." I begin.
-
"Cut the fucking shit Zayn you know exactly who I am talking about." He said. "I saw her first." He said meaning Selena.
-
"You and every other guy at goddamn New Years Party, your point Chris?" I raised my eyebrow at him.
-
"Then you go and tell the whole campus you and her are dating?" He laughs. "Real fucking bold."
-
"So pricks like you can told eyeballing her out of fucking hunger to get in between her legs." I defend. "She's not a fuck and throw away doll either, so I doubt even if you did try." I lifted my shoulders. "She'd let you, out of people you." I laugh.
-
"With the reputation you carry around here, she hasn't let you either has she?" Chris challenged.
-
I clenched my jaw angrily because this was getting serious really fast. Chris was right in some way, because weeks had passed since Selena and I first met and I left in the dark as Chris was. He and I were are not the same, but his comment sure did make me feel like it.
-
"Oh kay!" Levi stood up from the sofa. "How about we all just go outside and get some fresh air because obviously" He breathlessly laughed. "this weed here, isn't letting some of us think straight." He put his hands together. "Am I right?" He said with a forced smile.