43 ; Revised

Trigger Warning: Character Dialogue.
-
Stars Dance
Chapter 43
-
Zayn's Point of View

SELENA AND I were finishing up breakfast, before we had to make it to our literature class, around nine in the morning. I grabbed the car keys, and she grabbed her book bag and we headed out of the flat. "Do you have the awards of recognition we won in LA? For Professor McKinley?" I questioned her as we reached the elevator and pressed the L button to reach the lobby.
-
They're in my backpack." She motions.
-
"Along with the trophies?" I add.
-
"Yep." She smiles.
-
"Ok good, let's get this morning over with." I sigh.
***
Selena and reached the campus, and we got out of the car hand in hand, it was a sunny morning on campus, and a few morning heads were seen walking around getting to their designated classes. We hurried inside the building where the English department was set in and walked in through the double doors.
-
The hallways was slightly filled with college bodies walking up and down getting where the needed to be. Selena and I arrived just in time, through the door and the Professor did not waste any time in greeting us. "Mr. Malik! Ms. Gomez!" He says with a smile bringing his hands together. "Glad to have you back." He says, as we approached him.
-
The lecture hall was quickly filling up when I spotted Adam walking in looking down at his cellphone and taking a seat waiting for class to begin. "It's great to be back." Selena said and I turned my focus back on conversation with a nod and a smile.
-
"So?" He said.
-
Selena reaches around to her bag and pulled out the recognition certificates along with the trophies of 1st place. The professors eyes lit up and smiled proudly. "Here you are Professor." She said.
-
"Oh my goodness, I just knew you both would win this!" He said excitingly, grabbing the trophies from Selena and I smiled. "There was no doubt in my mind about you two." He said, glancing down at the trophies in his hands.
-
"We weren't sure if we would win, compared to the kind of essay we heard while being there." Selena said and I nod in agreement. "But I guess the ones judging saw something in us." Selena lifted her shoulders carelessly.
-
"True love, prevails it all." He said proudly. "Reading your essays for the selection process moved me as much as I know it moved them." He said.
-
"It sure does professor." I said taking my hand in Selena's and holding it tightly at his words.
-
"I will be putting there in the display case outside of the lecture hall, after class." He said. "I couldn't be more proud and others deserve to see your recognition." He said. I smiled at his words and I glanced over at Selena who did so as well. "Please." He motioned. "Take your seats." He motioned.
-
"Will do sir." I nodded my head and I looked around to see that nearly all the lecture hall was filled up and the only seats available were two next to Adam.
-
Selena and I had no other choice at this point, we hurried along and took out seats, as the Professor cleared his throat to begin the lesson. Selena sat in the middle between Adam and I, and it was awkward the whole lesson I might admit.
-
He didn't say anything to Selena and they haven't talking since the confrontation between the three of us, a month ago, on that little date he tried to take her on. Who I had to drag Jackie along with. As lecture occurred and Selena focused her attention towards the front and she took notes, I did so as well.
-
However, I couldn't stop thinking about Adam carelessness about Selena yesterday. Before leaving to the states, he was so keen in winning her over and now since coming back from LA, it's like he completely over her. Something didn't add up, at least for me. I planned to find out what.
-
My phone vibrated on the desk and I looked down at the professor who was busy writing on the board, before grabbing it and reading the text message that was sent to me. It was from my father and I rolled my eyes mentally. It said he wanted to see me, after class. I had no other choice, if I didn't go he would come to me and if couldn't find me, he wouldn't stop until I showed him any signs of life.
***
An hour later, lecture was over and Professor McKinley dismissed us until next Monday. Selena glanced over at me and smiled, putting her things in her bag and I stood up and collected my things as well.
-
"Ready?" I said to her as I took her hand in mine, she nodded her head.
-
"Selena, hey." Adam called for her attention and I sighed.
-
I knew it was too good to be true.
-
Not knowing what to say Selena turned her attention towards Adam. "Adam....hey." She said.
-
"Is there any reason why to would want to be talking to us?" I broke the ice of awkwardness.
-
"Zayn." Selena focused her attention on me and hit my on the chest with her hand.
-
"Oh Zayn you and your sarcasm." Adam laughs and I frown at him in a confusing manner. "Listen hey, I know you and I" He focused his attention on Selena. "haven't really talking since they night..." He trailed off.
-
"For a good reason, at that." I added.
-
"But I just want to tell the both of you that I'm over it." He says lifting his shoulders carelessly. "I've realized that what you two have is something special, which by the way I will never understand." He says. "But at the same time I can't sit here on a one sided love that will never be corresponded back." He says.
-
"Are you serious right now?" I question.
-
He nods his head. "I'm interested in someone else now, and I would like nothing else that isn't a friendship with you Selena." He smiles.
-
"Adam." Selena says. "I would like that as well." She smiles.
-
"Consider me a friend Selena." He says holding a hand up to his chest. "And Zayn? If you find it anywhere in your heart to consider me a friend as well, please do so." He says to me. "I would like that very much."
-
Not really knowing what to say, my eyes widen then go back into place. "I'll think about it." I admit.
-
"Oh Zayn, blunt humor is just your thing." He says point at me. "Well anyway, see you both around." He says taking steps back and focusing on his phone as he makes it down the stairs and out of the lecture hall.
-
"What the hell just happened?" Selena turns her attention to me and l lift my shoulders clueless as well not really having answer for her either.
-
Selena's Point of View