42 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 42
-
Jackie's Point of View

ADAM AND I were meeting up an hour earlier than usual to do some late minute revisions before we had to turn it in today. "The longer  you take getting here, the less time we have. Hurry up." I said to Adam though the line.
-
"Yeah dad-...I'll be there soon." He said through the line and hung up.
-
I took the phone from my ear and eyed it weirdly. "Dad?" I rolled my eyes and sighed frustrated with the situation.
-
I being caught with Adam would be a death sentence. It would complicate lots of things and the last thing I want is to be bombarded with questions. A day ago, Levi did not waste his chance nearly putting me on blast in front of Zayn at the airport. Luckily I saved myself in the most awkward way possible.
-
I noticed Adam walked in through the double doors of the study hall and I sighed in relief. "About time." I said annoyed. "By the way, I'm not your father." I mentioned.
-
"Sorry, but Zayn came by the frat earlier, he caught me mid conversation, what else was I suppose to say?" He shrugged sitting down beside me at the table I had been sitting at for fifteen minutes now.
-
My eyes widen. "Zayn? What did he want?" I questioned sitting on edge. "You better have kept your mouth shut." I point at him.
-
"Relax." He said. "He stopped by to threatened me as usual." He rolled his eyes. "To stay away from Selena blah blah blah." He sighed in frustration.
-
"To his luck, that's not the case anymore. My attention has shifted to someone else now." He said as he glanced at me with a small smile.
-
I rolled my eyes. "Well if he feels that way, it must be true." I lifted my shoulders. "You still must feel something for her." Something within didn't sit well with the thought of him still having some sort of platonic connection to Selena, even though she has never answered to his feelings. "There's no other explanation for it." I lifted my shoulders.
-
"Nothing that's not a friendship." He said making his intentions clear.
-
"Sure. Keep telling yourself that." I pressed.
-
"Jackie...are you jealous?" He teased.
-
"Me? Jealous?" I scoffed. "Please." I said shifting through paperwork I had in my hands not bothering to look at him in the eye.
-
"Jackie look at me." He said, and held my hands in his, stopping my movements of nervousness because that's what happens when I'm even the slightest inch near him. "Zayn wouldn't have to feel like he has to kill me all the time if you would just come clean to him about what's going on with us." He whispers.
-
"How many times do I have to tell you, that nothing between us could ever work?" I bring my barrier of distant feelings up, and guard myself with it. "I have nothing to offer you, we are from two separate worlds." I remind him. "Your dad would hate me and your mother couldn't even look at me."
-
"Just give me an opportunity to prove you wrong." He whispered. "That your fears and insecurities are in your head." He says.
-
"Allowing myself to have a friendship with you is enough." I tell him honestly. "It can never be more than that, understand it please." I whisper glancing around to see if the conversation we are having is too loud for the quiet study hall.
-
"Are you sure it's because of me or are you afraid of what Zayn would say if you got with a guy like me?" He finally asked the real question. "Zayn always feels the need to protect you, why? What's happened between you and Zayn, that you would rather regard his feelings first before yours?" He questions.
-
"You will would never understand the kind friendship Zayn and I have." I grow defensive. "He already doesn't like you, and say anything else to him? He will only hate you more." I said.
-
"One day Zayn is going to get up and go on with his life and where will that leave you?" He put my thoughts in question. "You and Zayn may be stuck like glue now, but one day he and Selena are going to take their relationship to the next level, and I don't think you'll be part of that."
-
"Zayn would never do that." I nod my head side to side, denying such a statement.
-
"Jackie you need to stop depending on him and venture out on your own, because one day Zayn will not be there for you." He says.
-
"Are you done?" I grow annoyed.
-
"Jackie I just want you to trust me." He says taking my hand in his. "Jackie I like you so much." He admits.
-
"Cute." I distance my feelings followed by a forced smile. "But I don't." I lie.
-
"One chance please." He says scooting closer to me and pressing his forehead against mine. "Just one." He whispers as his mouth nears mine.
-
"Adam please don't do this." I say not really wanting to pull away even though, I know I should. "Please." He cups my cheek with his hand and brings my lips to touch his.
-
Our mouths move against each other's at the most tender touch, his mouth feels gently against mine as his kiss intensified and here we are having a full blown make out session in a tucked away nook of the study hall. "It's ok." He says against my lips. "Let yourself go, baby." He whispers and brings my body closer to his.
-
I squirm away and press my hand against his chest to push him away. I glance around and the motion in the room continues as normal as if nothing has happened. I wipe my mouth and stand up. "You're making this friendship, way more difficult than it needs to be."
-
"We both know, you and I can't be just friends." He says standing up from the chair against me and pointing from his frame time in the small distance between our bodies. "You know that well." He emphasized.
-
"Well it looks like it's going to have to be something each of us will have to bare, don't you think?" I say gathering my things from the table. "It's not about what we want to do, it's what we should do." I remind him. "If you're falling in love with me, snap out of it because I'm not that woman for you. Now matter how bad you want me, it is never going to happen." I say moving my head side to side while putting my bag over my shoulder and walking off, leaving him to his thoughts and feelings.
-
Selena's Point of View