34 ; Revised

A/N: In light of recent events I support the Black Lives Matter Movement. Support black lives, protect black lives, become an ally to black lives, because they matter, today, tomorrow and forever. Sign petitions, become aware and educate yourself about black issues, black history and black activism. If you live in the United States and are 18+ please VOTE. Please, please, please. Your voice and vote is important. For this country, for your communities, and for your live and for the lives of children in generations to come.
-
Selena's Point of View

WHEN I SAW my mom standing there with my stepfather, I could not help but run towards her and embrace her in a long hug. I had been a while since I seen her, a whole semester in fact, and that to me was a long time. When her hands wrapped around me I smiled into the crook of her neck. "Welcome back baby." She said in a whisper. "I missed you." She added.
-
"I've missed you too." I said to her and she cupped my face in her hands.
-
I greeted Brian as well with a embrace and smiled at my stepfather's presence. Even though he was not my father, it had been years since my mother remarried and he has been there almost my entire life. "Welcome home Selena." Brian said to me with a smile.
-
My mom's attention went from mine to Zayn's as I for a second had forgot he was here with me. I took a step back and glanced at Zayn and took his arm in mine, I smiled at him and he smiled at me. "Mom, Brian." I said. "This is my boyfriend, Zayn." I said with a smile.
-
Although Zayn was nervous, he did his best to hide it and extended his hand towards my mom and Brian to greet. "It's nice to meet you, the both of you." He said and my mom and Brian shook Zayn's hand with a smile on their faces.
-
"It's nice to mee you." My mom said to Zayn with a smile. "Selena has told me a lot about you." She says and Brian nods his head with a smile.
-
"Good things I hope." Zayn makes a light joke.
-
My mom smiles. "We look forward to getting to know you." She says. "You both must be jetlagged, shall we get going and get the both of you to your hotel?" My mom suggested.
-
"Yes please mom." I admitted.
-
I smiled and took Zayn's hand in mine, and we quickly looked for our bags before my mom and Brian helped out and took a few extra bags from our grasp and we made our way towards the parking lot. I leaned on Zayn's shoulder and we walked together towards the car. Brian was ahead of us and he was quick to open the truck and put our luggage in the back as Zayn and I opened the doors of the truck and got in while my mom sat in the passengers seat followed by Brian in the drivers.
-
We drove out of the airport in busy LA traffic towards out hotel, in the details I had texted my mom over the phone. Zayn was in awe of the city and the lights around it, as I leaned against his arm, and nearly fell asleep but enough to keep my eyes open. The ride to the airport wasn't awkward at all, the radio station played in the background as in what seemed like several minutes we were already in the parking lot of our designated hotel.
-
The car quickly stopped and we all got out and, my mom and Brian began helping Zayn and I with out luggage. "I'll go check in." Zayn said as he hurried into the hotel.
-
"Ok." I said with a smile and stayed back behind with my mother and Brian to help with our suitcases. "Mom were is Gracie?" I questioned my baby sisters absence.
-
"We left her with one of Brian's sisters, we figured it would be easier getting you two without having to deal with Gracie, the suitcases...the more hands the better." She smiled.
-
Brian walked ahead of us, as my mom and I followed behind him towards the hotel. "So... I trailed off. "First impressions?" I was eager to know my mothers opinion, and I hoped it was a good one.
-
"He is exactly how you described him over the phone." She says. "Tattoos and all." My mother also mentioned. "He is polite, I will admit." She added. "Good first impression, I must say."
-
I smiled not saying much else, as Zayn stood at the front desk, getting the key card to our room as I noticed it was only one. "Thank you." He said as he took the key cards from the woman behind the desk. He turned around and gave me a smile. "Should we head up?" Zayn motioned holding the cards in hands.
-
I noticed the bellhops approach us with a cart, as the began loading up the cart with our luggage, leaving my mother, Brian, Zayn and I to talk amongst each other. "Well since you are both in town for a short while, I'd like you both to join us for dinner one of these days." My mom suggested. "Let me know when you're both free and I'll make sure to prepare some sort of cookout." She smiled.
-
"That sounds like a great idea." I smile at her and Zayn nods his head.
-
"I'm sure Zayn would like to see more of LA." Brian suggested. "So when you both have some sort of free time, just give you mother and I a call." He motions with hands.
-
"I promise, Brian." I smiled at my stepfather.
-
"We look forward to getting to know more of you Zayn." My mother said to Zayn with pleasant tone. "Selena's obviously over heels for you-..." She said and my eyes widen.
-
"Mom." I said shyly.
-
"What?" She lifts her shoulders carelessly. "It's pretty obvious and we would just like to get to him a little bit better." She motioned over to Zayn and he smiled.
-
"I promise you invitation to your home does not go unnoticed and we will be there." Zayn spoke up.
-
"Great." My mom said. "So it is settled." She added. "See you both, goodnight." Both she and Brian began to walk off.
-
"Goodnight." I said and Zayn waved.