29 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 29
-
Zayn's Point of View

I WOKE UP with a text from Selena saying that she was going to be at the campus for the rest of the day, getting ready in anything Levi needed her in. The fair/carnival started today after three and I was on a mission, if I couldn't keep Selena from being up there in the kissing booth, I was going to do everything I could to keep Adam from kissing Selena. His lips would not touch her if I had anything to say about it. I had made it quick to the campus, and headed up to the frat house in hopes of catching Levi before he left for the day and headed down to the courtyard for the fair.
-
I walked in and made my way all the way upstairs to the second floor, towards my room. I twisted the nob and walked in to find Levi getting dressed for the day. "Hey mate." He said with a smile. "Ready for tonight?" He said excitingly.
-
"No." I said honestly.
-
"Hey you can't be mad at me." He pointed at me. "I didn't force her, she volunteered." He said about Selena.
-
"Not that my opinion mattered to her anyway." I said. "She was going to do whatever she wants regardless."
-
"Selena must have you whipped as fuck, because the old you would have never allowed it." Levi admits.
-
"Old me?" I questioned his choice of words. "Levi what is that suppose to mean?"
-
He stands up from his bed to pull his dress shirt down and grabs a hold of my shoulder. "She's changing you man." He says. "You're a new Zayn." He admitted. I widen my eyes, Selena changing me? I look at him confused and he nodded his head. "You don't see it but I do." He smiles. "And I'm here for it!" He exclaims with a smile. "I know tonight is gonna feel like a long one, but hang in there for me buddy." He patted my chest with his hand.
-
"About that." I said to him. "I need you to do something for me."
-
"Whatever it is forget it." He nodded his head. "Every time you have an idea, I end up getting you out of that very bad idea."
-
"You're my best mate, this isn't up for discussion." I pleaded with him.
-
He sighs. "Let's hear it." He rolls eyes but that doesn't mean I'm going to go through with it." He admitted.
-
"I need you to put Adam to work in one of the booths tonight." I explained to him. "I can't have him kissing Selena."
-
"Zayn are you serious right now?" He said taking a step back. "Why can't you just trust her?"
-
"I do, I just don't trust him and you saw the big fucking smile he had on his face when Selena volunteered." I recalled in case he forgot.
-
He pinches the bridge of his nose. "Alright...alright." He exclaimed. "I can't promise you that he'll say yes." Levi said. "I will try." He admitted and I smiled.
-
Over my dead body, Adam.
-
Selena's Point of View

After having this long discussion with Jackie over why I chose to volunteer in the first place and that I understood that what she meant to Zayn. Jackie had become very outgoing and comfortable around me in the matter of forty- five minutes. She was funny, outgoing, and sarcastic. She also made me laugh when she cracked a joke. I didn't understand why everyone painted such a negative picture of her when she was the exact opposite. Maybe it was the way she dressed, talked or presented herself but that shouldn't be a reason for judgment, looks deceived.
-
She has a strong personality and talks like every word is her last. I saw a lot of Zayn in her and I understood why she and he got along so well. She was his other half? Soulmates in friendships existed and Jackie was Zayn's. "You know I was wrong about you Selena." She said as she was looking for clothes in her closet.
-
Jackie very comfortable around me, she smiled and laughed as we talked among each other while she paced around in her bra and underwear looking for her clothes for tonight's street fair. Jackie had a lot to show and that was a fact, she was slim with an hourglass figure, a slight tan to her complexion, a tattoo under her ribcage near her breast. "Really?" I questioned.
-
"Girls like you, in high school were very mean to me." She admitted as she pushed through her clothes in her closet.
-
"You?" I was surprised at the words that left her mouth, how could anyone be mean to Jackie. She was pretty, very pretty. If anything I thought it would be the other way around.
-
"Hard to believe huh?" She chuckled as she pulled out a dress, from the closet. "If we're going to sell tickets tonight do you think I should wear this one?" She said, showing me the dress she had picked out from her closet. It was a skin tight one, with a slight cleavage showing, with a royal purple color to it.
-
"Yeah I mean, don't get me wrong but I would think it would be the other way around." I told her followed by a smile. "And yeah. I think it's nice." I said.
-
"I was never one of the popular girls in high school, they were just too much drama." She admitted. "I'd hang out mostly with guys, and when I say guys I mean Zayn and Levi." She smiled. "I guess the popular girls never liked me because of that." She lifted her shoulders. "Which is why they would spread rumors about me." She added. "They would say things like Oh look she's a slut, or she's the easiest girl around, I heard she slept with the whole football team." She mimics a preppy voice. "Be honest, that's what you thought of me when you first saw me." She looked at me as she began putting her dress over her head.
-
I laugh nervously. "I-...don't-.."
-
"It's ok, you can be honest." She said.
-
"Honestly, yes." I nearly cringed. "But that was because of what I been told and-..."
-
"By you're friend Lucy huh?" She interrupted before I could ramble on in a pattern of non stop sentences.
-
"I'm sorry, and she isn't exactly my friend anymore." I didn't know what else to say.
-
"No it's ok, but I wouldn't believe anything she says." Jackie admitted. "She's the gossip bitch around here." Lifting her shoulders carelessly. "Her and her other two friends, I used to think you were one of them too." She turns around and glances at me before she looks at herself in the vanity.
-
"Looks can deceive." I admit.
-
"They can." She says. "Hey do you want to go for some brunch? My treat." She smiles.
-
"Yeah sure." I smile
-
"Ok lets go." She says before grabbing her purse, and I followed her out the door as she stayed back and locked it behind us. "I know this great place on campus, to fucking die for." She said.
-
Jackie and I talked and walked towards the diner that she exciting mentioned, and I looked down at my phone to see if I had any missed calls or texts from Zayn. Nothing. He angry with me, but I knew I would see him later tonight, I know he wouldn't miss that for the world. I smiled at Jackie as she walked beside me and she reached for the door handle of the diner and we walked in. The bell at the door chimmed and for the most part the diner was quiet in the morning, to my surprise I saw Lucy, Ashely, and Vanessa all sitting in one booth. I guess I had missed morning tea as Jackie had said earlier.
-
Lucy spotted me first, and her facial expression went from being from a happy one to one with Zero expression. I guess Ashely and Vanessa had noticed and they turned around the see what the fuss was about and they had spotted me next to Jackie. "We can go somewhere else if you want." Jackie mentioned as she saw what I was looking at.
-
"No, no it's fine." I said.
-
She didn't say anything else and I followed her towards a booth at the other end of the diner, with her sitting in one end and I on the other. "Guess they did forget to invite you for morning tea." Jackie read my mind, she literally had no filter.
-
"It depends on who's idea was it." I tell Jackie as the waitress comes our way to take our orders. "If it was Lucy, I doubt it. But if it was Ashely and Vanessa, a text would have been nice." I admit.
-
The waitress had smiled as Jackie told her what she wanted, and what I wanted. Taking away the menus and telling us she would be back with our drinks. "Girls like that piss me off." Jackie admitted. "Like tell a bitch you're going to be hanging with the bitch I don't like." She rolled her eyes. "So shit doesn't get awkward." She said and I laughed. "Sorry, if I run my mouth a lot." She apologized. "And you're not used to hearing cussing all the damn time."
-
"No you're fine." I said to her and she smiled. "But they're probably wondering what the hell I'm doing hanging out with you." I admitted. "At least Lucy is." I said.
-
"Hey listen to me Selena." She said pointing at me. "Don't let her get in your head." Jackie warned and she seemed very serious about it. "That shit just fucks with your self esteem." She advices.
-
I didn't say anything and just gave Jackie a small smile, I looked over at Lucy, Ashely and Vanessa who were all getting up I assume to leave but they were making there way towards Jackie and I. Ashely and Vanessa smiled at me as they reached the table while Lucy stood there with her hand on her hip. "Hello Selena..Jackie is it?" She looked over at Jackie who only gave her a fake smile. "Didn't know you guys were actually friends." She said.
-
"We are actually." Jackie spoke up as she looked at me then up at Lucy. "Is there a problem with that?"
-
"A call or something would have been nice." I tried to change the subject on the conversation before it reached new heights.
-
"Well I mean we're not friends anymore, so I didn't see the point." Lucy said flat out. Ouch. "Plus, you chose your boyfriend? Zayn is it? Over your own best friends." Lucy said.
-
"Lucy I feel like we should go-..." Vanessa interrupted.
-
"Surprised he hasn't gotten bored of you yet." Lucy ignores, Vanessa's input. "Or is it because he hasn't gotten what he wants out of you yet, or should I say in you yet." Lucy chuckles.
-
A sudden bang on the table causes me to jump up, and I see that it is Jackie and she's furious at the snarky little comment Lucy said. She stood up from the table at eye level with Lucy, which caused her widen her eyes and step back a bit. "You wanna go, cause we can go right now." Jackie threatened.
-
"Jackie that's not necessary-..." I stood up trying to call her down.
-
"Lucy we should seriously go-..." Ashely nudged Lucy's shoulder.
-
"Because I've been waiting a long time, to drag you across the fucking floor." Jackie said in a threatening tone.
-
Jackie's threats didn't seem to bother Lucy one bit as she laughed in her face. "You don't change do you?" She said and glanced over at me. "Anyways see you around Selena...Selena's friend." She said before walking off and out the door of the diner.
-
"I fucking hate that girl." Jackie mumbled under her breath.