11 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 11
-
Selena's Point of View

PROFESSOR MCKINLEY HAD extended the due date for the project, the first Monday of next month. Since then Zayn and I everyday, have been hanging out so to speak. We would go out to eat together and I don't think there was a second in which we left each other alone. I guess people had caught on what was going on between Zayn and I and I got weird stares every now and then. I tried my best to ignore but I couldn't help but feel uncomfortable about it. Zayn tried his best to push past it but he held a closed fist and clenched jawline nearly everywhere we went.
-
About the project, Zayn and I wrote more and more about each other every day. Some small things here and there to keep track of where we where to then write it all down and put it together before the due date. I was sitting in the library reading and researching for another class, with my earbuds in listening to music, when Zayn appeared next to me.
-
A smile appeared on my face as I took one out of my ear. "Hey." I whispered, it was a library after all.
-
"Hi baby." He said leaning over and pressing his lips against mine. "What are you doing?" He picked up the book looking at the front cover then setting it down.
-
"Reading." I said. "Researching." I added. "You?"
-
"I just got out of my world civilizations class." He said. "I came to see if you wanted to go to lunch." He smiled.
-
"That'd be nice." I whispered.
-
"C'mon then." He said closing my books and handing then to me.
-
I put them in my book bag and zipped it up, once he saw that I was ready to go. He pulled on my hand close to him and we began to walk out of the doors of the library onto the campus. We reached his car in the parking lot and he pulled the door open for me, I got in and he shut it behind me walking around the other side and getting in as well, driving off to wherever he planned to take me.

***

We sat in a restaurant as we looked through the menus and decided on what to ordered. It wasn't long until Zayn made up his mind and the waiter came by and ordered what he was going to eat. I ordered an chicken alfredo pasta, with some water. It wasn't even a minute when Zayn received a phone call and took his phone from his pocket to see the phone called ID.
-
His facial expression was clear and he sighed. I saw that his finger pressed the red button and set the phone down. "He really needs to stop insisting." He whispered to himself.
-
"Care to share?" I began conversation.
-
"My father." He admitted. "He doesn't start bothering me with phone calls and texts." He admits. "He's been trying since New Years, to talk to me." He lifted his shoulders. "I don't know if its some new years resolution shit he has going on but I am not giving him a second of my time." He said.
-
"Is it that bad?" I questioned. "I mean-...if its ok to ask." I corrected myself.
-
"It is." He says. "Lets just say he was never a good person and what he did to my mother and his children is something you don't do to a family." He said. "Like I get it, you cleaned yourself up and regret everything, but that shit doesn't cut it." He says.
-
"I'm sorry if I sounded a bit nosy, I didn't mean-..." I say as I notice he is beginning to grow irritated.
-
"No its fine baby." He gives me a smile. "It's something that's always hit a nerve no matter who talks about it, whether it is me or anyone who asks." He lifts his shoulders carelessly.

***

We had sat there eating our food and talked for awhile before we headed out back to the campus. Once we arrived, he and I stepped out together. He walked me towards the sorority house but I stopped on my feet in front of the double doors before we stepped in. "You do realize you're not allowed in here." I tell him.
-
"When have I ever gave a shit 'bout rules?" He said.
-
"I don't want you to get into trouble, that's all." I admitted.
-
"I'll be fine." He said before pecking my lips. "Come on." He said and followed me in through the doors.
-
Zayn kept his hand on my lower back as he guided me through the corridors, trying to making to my dorm room. He turned heads at all corners making sure the advisor was nowhere to be seen and when we reached my door, I twisted the doorknob and walked inside, closing the door behind us. Lucy was nowhere insight and I felt at ease.
-
Zayn wasted no time to press his mouth against mine and kissing me intensively. I wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer while he rested his hands on my waist squeezing at my skin. I chuckled against his mouth as he walked us back to my bed. He sat on it and brought me into his lap. "I've waited all day for your mouth to be pressed against mine." He whispered. "I sat in civilizations but all I could think about is kissing you. " He admitted.
-
I just smiled against his lips while I straddled his lap. "I think there are more important things, than me." I add.
-
"Mhm I beg to differ." He whispered and continued pressing his mouth against mine.
-
My cellphone rang. "Let me answer this."  I say pushing him off of me slightly.
-
"I'm sure its no one." He said kissing down my neck.
-
"It might be important." I said squirming in his touch.
-
I get off of him and reach for my bookbag and reach for my cellphone. I looked at the illuminated screen and the caller ID read Levi I looked over at Zayn and debated whether or not to answer it. I bit my bottom lip before going ahead and answering the call.
-
"Hello?" I said through the line.
-
"Selena, hey." He said.
-
I approached Zayn as he sat up on my bed while I stood in between his legs. "Levi hey." I said and Zayn snapped his head in my direction, with a questioning look on his face. "What's up? Everything ok?" I said.
-
"Yeah just calling to ask if you seen Zayn? He's been MIA all week, he comes to the dorm at night but he's never there when I wake up." He said. "I'm kind of worried." He admitted.
-
"He's here with me actually." I said scratching the back of my neck and eye Zayn as he wanted to say something but refrained himself from doing so.
-
"Ok good." He said. "Just tell him when he gets the chance to get in touch with me. I've been worried all week." He admitted.
-
"Ok I will." I said. "Bye."
-
"Bye." He said as well and the line went dead.
-
Zayn had this look on his face that if looks could kill...I ended the call and set my phone on the nightstand. " Since when do you and Levi talk?" He questioned, wasting no time to break the ice.
-
"He's become a friend over time." I admit.
-
"Friend?" He raised his eyebrow
-
"He's the only one out of all your "friends" I found genuine." I admitted with a lift of my shoulders.
-
"Yeah Levi's different." He admitted dropping the situation. "He's my mate, more of a mate than Chris and Jake put together." He admitted. "I've known him for many years now." He said. "We grew up together, just a good guy." He said with a small smile. "Both he and Jackie know me better than anyone."
-
"You treat Jackie, what I can see better." I admit.
-
"Jackie...she's like a sister to me." He trails off unsure of how to phrase his words.
-
"You two sure don't act like it." I admit to him. "More than that, in fact." I say, laying in his chest, hearing the beat of his heart against my ear drum, booming with each heart beat.
-
"Are you jealous of her or something?" He questioned.
-
"I'm not, I'm just saying you two are misleading sometimes." I admit. "You rub off on each other a different way than you say you both do." I shrug my shoulders.
-
He chuckles. "Only Jackie and I truly understand what's going on, whatever anyone else has to say about it really doesn't matter to me or her." He says. "She's has as much as a complicated life as I have, maybe that's why we understand each other so well." He admits. "It's like this close bond that holds us together." He adds.
-
"At the hip huh?" I recall Levi's words. Not telling Zayn who told me them.
-
"You could say that." He admits. "But enough about that." He says, sitting up against the headboard of my bed, as I sit up as well and move closer to him.
-
We're silent for a slight second, when his lips collide with mine, with no explanation, he pulls me closer to him and I am brought back into his world, I mesh my lips against his with no hesitation and wrap my arms around his neck as he lips my closer.
-
The door, creaks open and I hear, a loud gasp, Zayn and I pull each other apart, to see that it is Lucy standing at dorm room door wide eyed, and she doesn't upset, like I have never seen her before.
-
"You have lost your fucking damn mind!" She exclaims, slamming the door behind her.
-
"Lucy." I just say her name, I don't know what else to really say.
-
"I've warned you countless of times Selena, countless!" She exclaimed. "It's like you listen with one ear and it comes out the other??!" She adds. "But it's your life." She says. "I have tried to be a good friend, but you just don't listen!" She adds. "If you're going to do this with him" her eyes fart towards Zayn. "You won't be doing it in this room." She says. "Out." She points at the door.
-
"This is my room as much as it is yours!" I argue back.
-
"I don't care, I don't want to see him in here!" She says. "Get out!" She insists.
-
"Where else am I suppose to go?" I add.
-
"His room? A room! Somewhere just not here." She says. "It's either me and this room or him." She narrows my options.
-
"You're my best friend, but you're not going to sit here and try to control my life either Lucy!" I argue back.
-
"I'm not trying to control our life, I'm just preventing you from making the biggest mistake of your life, this is piece of nothing!" She motions her hand at Zayn. "He won't do you any good, listen to me please." Lucy argues.
-
"Why are you so against him?! You circle your so called facts on rumors, but you don't know anything about him!" I argued.
-
Lucy looks hesitant to say anything, comes up with nothing. "Get out." She finally says point at the door. "Get the fuck out." She says. "You wanna ruin your life? Go ruin it anywhere else, but here!" She says, as she begins to go through my closet and toss my clothes on the ground.
-
"Ok!" I say, walking towards her and pulling mi clothes from her grasp. "I'll go." I say.

•••