8 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 8
-
Zayn's Point of View

SHE DIDN'T HAVE to say anything, just laying next to her was enough for me, we lied side by side in my bed. In whatever way we could. It was small but we managed either way. She gave me a small smile. She didn't have to tell me anything about the events that happened earlier, she didn't like that I had kiss Jackie and had her all over me. The way her eyes just fell in disappointment when she noticed me with Jackie. It was immediately dislike towards Jackie, she didn't have to say it. She won't ever admit it, but she didn't need to. I knew.
-
However I couldn't respond the same way, I was jealous of that guy that had talked to Selena that day in lecture for our literature class. I wasn't good at hiding my emotions whatsoever, so I don't know what I could be capable of if I had gone as far to let my emotions get the best of me. I went out of my path to push anyone that stood out of my way, to get what I wanted. Compared to last semester I am much more calmer, and I've learned to control myself but meeting Selena she had awaken these feelings and I don't know how much longer I was able to contain myself around her or anyone that stood in my way to get to her, like that guy in in literature class.
-
"We can't keep doing this to each other." I begin. "How are we suppose to work together if we continue to argue all the time?" I say.
-
"I just wish, we could talk about different things when we we're together." She admits. "I need to get to know you, not only for this project but as friends." Selena adds. "I want to know you, but you just give me a brick wall and I don't know how to work around that, because you don't let me." She says.
-
"Selena." I sigh. "I've had a complicated life, I've hurt a lot of people along the way and my family upbringing wasn't all that great either. I didn't like talking about it because I wish to forget." I confess. "I'll tell you things when the times are right." I tell her.
-
She smiles. "Alright."
-
"And you know I we both can't just be friends." I remind her. "Everything that's happened between us this week, it's physically impossible." I say scooting closer to her.
-
"This is what I'm talking about." She pushes me away and stands up scooting herself off of my bed. "There isn't a second that we can spend together that you cant seem to talk about me and my body and want you want us to be." She exclaims, dressing herself in the dress that pooled the floor. "I said no Zayn, understand that."
-
"You have no problem telling me no, but that won't be the answer for Adam will it?" I bring that son of a bitch up in the conversation.
-
"Are you insane? What does he even have to do with all of this?" She exclaims.
-
"Oh its obvious, you two really hit it off that day in lecture, I saw both of you. Just look at yourself and then look at who he is, you're both made for one another!" I exclaim.
-
She scoffs. "I barley even know him." She says. "You sound ridiculous."
-
"You'll remember me when he takes things one step further and you don't do anything to stop him." I argue. "What is Selena? Is it my tattoos? Is it who I am? Is it all the shit you've heard about me?" I exclaim. "Is it because I'm not clean and cut for you to take home to meet your parents?"
-
She nods her head sideways not believing the words that leave my mouth. "I'm leaving." She says tossing my T-shirt onto my bed as we walks out of the door and slightly slamming it behind her, leaving me to my own thoughts in the darkness of my room

***

Selena's Point of View

I walked down the hallway and the frat party was still going on in full force. I noticed Jackie who was standing against the wall talking to someone, and she caught notice of me through the rim of her red cup. She pushed past me and made her way down the hallway, I'm sure to find Zayn.
-
"Hey Selena." It was Levi. "Everything alright?" He questioned.
-
I sigh following a smile. "I'm just tired...could you do me a favor?" I ask.
-
"Shoot." He says. "Sure what is it?" He says.
-
"Is it too much to ask for you to drive me back to my dorm?" I smile.
-
"It's no problem." He says. "Sure." He smiles.
-
"Thank you so much." I say as we walk out of the frat house and he leads us towards his car.
-
He unlocks the door and I step inside, closing it behind me and running to the other side, stepping into the drivers seat and turning on the engine to drive me off to my dorm.
-
"You seemed bummed out." He notices me as I lean against the window. "Care to share?" He says.
-
"It's Zayn." I admit. "I honestly don't know how you, Jake, and Chris deal with him all the time." I sigh.
-
"He can be a handful sometimes." Levi says.
-
"Sometimes?" I raise my eyebrows at him.
-
He notices and chuckles. "At times." He says. "But he doesn't always means wrong."
-
"I've only known him for a week." I say. "He's already-...do you know why he's like this?" I question. "So emotionless, so cold, so possessive so-..." I explain with hand gestures.
-
"Zayn is over the top I admit." He says. "But truly he doesn't know how to express how he feels well." Levi says. "He has a sharp tongue, and is quick witted, if you thought everything you've seen in a week is Zayn at his worst, you haven't seen him when he's pissed off. He is another person." He admits.
-
"What do you mean?" I questioned, if I couldn't find out through Zayn himself, I could sees the opportunity through his friend here. "If it wasn't for me, the other day he would have punched this guy in the face. I managed but I don't know what would have happened if I didn't."
-
"He gets impulsive when he's angry, his eyes turn a darker shade of hazel. He is destructive and takes anything out of his path if he needs too." Levi explained, and I couldn't believe what he was telling me, when I was with Zayn he was anything but.
-
"Has be ever fought with any of you guys?" I question.
-
"He has actually." Levi confesses. "I've gotten a few blows for him, in the past." He chuckles. "We made up as mates afterwards." He said.
-
"And you both are still good friends?" I questioned.
-
"Very good and very close." He says.
-
"Was he always like this?" I question further.
-
"Listen Selena I have probably already said too much about his life, and if he found out I told you, I don't know how he'd react." He says. "But I trust you that you won't tell him anything." He glances over at me before focusing his attention back to the road. I nod my head. "Well...He wasn't always like this. At one point he did have ambitions and dreams but things in him changed, and he wasn't the same again. That's why he's the way he is now." Levi confesses. "Everything he's ever wanted had been taken from him, and he's possessive because he doesn't want to ever feel that way again, even if it means getting want he once lost through other people."
-
"What happened in his past?" I question further.
-
"I don't think I should be telling you this.." He trails off.
-
"Levi please, I promise I won't tell him anything." I make a promise. "You have my word." I smile.
-
"Fine." He sighs. "He's lived a complicated life, it wasn't always rainbows and flowers. He's hurt people in his past and done fucked up shit as well." Levi says. "He's hurt a lot of people, and people have hurt him as well, especially her. Which is why doesn't anyone that he doesn't trust easily."
-
"How do you know about all of this?" I question.
-
"Zayn, Jackie and I grew up together in Bradford, with Zayn and I being in the same grade. Jackie being a bit older than us. If it is anyone that Zayn puts his sole trust in, it would be me and Jackie." He mentions that Jackie girl once again. "But confides in Jackie the most, those two are connected at the hip." He says.
-
"Do they have a thing going on?" I can't help but question.
-
"Zayn and Jackie always have a thing going on." He chuckles.
-
His car comes to a complete stop and I realize that we are in front of the sorority house. He steps out and opens the car door for me. I step out and he walks me towards the glass doors of the sorority house. "Thank you so much Levi." I smile.
-
"You're welcome, and between you and I, you're a pretty cool girl and you have a friend in me anytime." He says. "Here's my number if you ever need anything." He hands me a piece of paper.
-
"It was nice meeting you." I say with a smile. "See you around." I wave.
-
"Have a goodnight Selena." He says before he walks off back to his car, and I walk inside the sorority house.