52 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 52
-
Selena's Point of View

I SAT IN the sofa, doing some of my school work or at least tried to. In these few days, I have not been able to focus on anything for my own will. I looked over my textbook and wrote what I could in my notebook for notes, but it was no use. I tossed it to the side frustrated with myself and I covered my face with my hands. There was a soft knock at the door, and I looked up and grew uneasy. It wasn't Jackie, she obviously had keys to her own dorm. Zayn?
-
What if it was Zayn? My stomach turned with nervousness and my palms grew sweaty, he seemed to calm to knock, it wasn't like him. I needed to be strong and hold a strong blank face for as long as I could, before closing it on him and breaking down in tears. I took a deep breath and went to open it. To my surprise it wasn't Zayn, but his father?
-
Why would his father be here? I had remembered that Jackie and Zayn had a discussion and a fall out because of him. How close was Jackie with his father? "Hello." I smiled, not really knowing what else to say.
-
"Hello? Uhm, Jaqueline didn't mention a roommate." He chuckles. "Is she here?" He questioned.
-
"Uhm no she's....not here right now." I trailed off.
-
"Pardon my curiosity, but aren't you my sons'..." He pointed raising his brow in question.
-
Before he could finish what I knew he was going to say, I noticed Jackie making her way towards the dorm room with my stuff in her hands, as she reached for her keys her eyes grew wide surprised to see Zayn's father standing in the doorway of her dorm. "James..." She trailed off. "What are you doing here?" He questioned.
-
"Well since you haven't answered to any of my emails or calls for a few days now, we need to talk." He said, while Jackie eyed me and I lifted my shoulders and only smiled.
-
He stepped aside and let Jackie through with my things, and I smiled at her mouthing thank you, she said nothing and only nodding her head before turning her attention back to Zayn's father. "Whatever you have to say to me you can say it in front of her." She looked back at me and I kept a smile on my face. "Besides I already told you I'm not working for you." Jackie stood her ground and nodded her head side to side.
-
"I tried talking to him but he's stubborn and you know that." He said.
-
"Well you're not trying hard enough." She argued. "I'm not stepping foot in your business, if Zayn doesn't know a thing."
-
"So it's a possibility?" He said in hope.
-
Jackie sighed in frustration and pushed her jet black hair behind her ears. "Yeah I guess, but not while he doesn't know a thing." She repeated. "Or they, for that matter." Her eyes widen followed by a sigh.
-
"Very well then." He nodded his head. "I'll do whatever I can, to get this matter resolved quickly." He says.
-
"No you will resolve this quickly." Jackie pointed. "It's not if I can, it's I will." She argued.
-
He nodded his head. "Very well then." He said nothing more. "Pardon me once again, but aren't you my sons girlfriend?" He smiled direction his attention to me.
-
"Yeah..." I trailed off not really knowing how respond to such a direct question.
-
"What is your major?" He questioned.
-
"English literature." I said with a smile.
-
"Well if you're interested in getting to know and work in the business side of literature." He said reaching into his wallet and taking out his business card. "I own a small publishing company, in the same office space downtown, in which I'm hoping Jackie will accept the internship offer." He looked over at her and she crosses her hand over her chest and rolls her eyes. "Give my office there a call and we'll get you started." He smiled.
-
"Thank you Mr. Malik, it's greatly appreciated." I smiled taking his card from his grasp.
-
He smiled. "My pleasure, I will get going now."
***
For most of the week I had been hanging out with Adam. We had really grown close and develop a stable friendship over these past few days. However, all that lingered my mind was Zayn's absence since the incident with him, Lucy and I. He was a no show in literature and I barely saw him around campus.
-
I did room with Jackie but I was too embarrassed to ask, I didn't want her to think that I was becoming clingy with Zayn's whereabouts, and that I was those type of girls who would obsess over past lovers. If Jackie hasn't mentioned anything I assumed he was alright. She was his best friend after all.
-
I was afraid that my lack of concern for him would make it seem like I had moved on too quickly as well. Which wasn't the case at all, because the truth was I hadn't, I loved him with all my heart, and the more and more the days felt like they were dreading on. Loosing Zayn the way I did just made me feel like I couldn't function properly anymore, no matter how cliché it sounded.
-
Since that day, Lucy walked around with confidence and a proud smile on her face. Like she wasn't the reason for this whole disaster. I couldn't even make eye contact with her because looking at her just made my blood boil. How could she be proud of the mess the created? Was I finally seeing her truly colors for what she was? Was this what Zayn was talking about all along?
-
I didn't know what to believe, what I did know is that Zayn had lied to me for a long time, while the one who always consumed him wholeheartedly was Lucy and to top it all off they were suppose to be parents to a baby she had lost. For whatever reason they broke up, they had been in each other's lives for so long that they were fairly serious of taking their relationship to the next level, but something fell though with them.
-
Zayn's Point of View