61 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 61
-
Adam's Point of View

I SAT IN the diner with my father , uneasy as he sipped into his coffee. I didn't know how to react to seeing him since finding out Zayn is my brother. I look at him in a different light now, from what Zayn was saying about my father in the conference room; I see him in a totally different light right now. Zayn painted him out to be a monster and yet he has not been that to me my whole life.
-
How could Zayn and I have lived two totally different lives? I still couldn't fathom that, here in front of sat a man who was there for me all my life when I needed him, supported me in everything possible. Whereas, he just wasn't there for Zayn whatsoever. Just an absent figure there who loomed over but never was never really there. I know that this wasn't all his fault, my mom very well knew who my father was before all of this and she still stayed with him and had me.
-
I had no room in my heart to look at him any other way than as my dad, because all of this happened before I was even in the picture, I had no clue Zayn existed. I was disappointed however, in the way all of this was handled because essentially I felt like I was stuck in the middle of it all. My dad and Zayn were always going to be at each other's throats. Unless Zayn had a change of heart but I doubted it.
-
"It's been awhile since we sat down and talked like this." He said clearing his throat and adjusting his suit to lean back into the chair.
-
"You know I sit here and look at you and it's like I don't even recognize the person I've known all my life to be my dad." I flat out and say.
-
"I just wish there was a better way I could have told you both." He admits. "I tried many times, with Zayn but when he and I sit down to speak about such issue like this he just has this anger-...he can't even look at me."
-
I raise my brows and pick at the cardboard of the coffee cup holder with my fingernails. "How could he not?" I say in a frustrated tone. "Like who even are you right now?" I scoff. "How could you have given him and I totally different lives?"
-
He sighs rubbing his forehead. "I was in a different headspace. I know your brother won't listen or reason with me and he has every right to feel the way he does but tell me at least you'll try to understand." He says in a frustrated tone, I can tell that he's tried to reason with Zayn many times over this. "Where I'm coming from?"
-
I sigh, frustrated and not really knowing what to do or say. "You know he is embarrassed that I am even remotely related to him?" I say my thoughts out loud. "I know he won't say it to my face but I know he hates that I even exist" I lift my shoulders. "He looks at me with disgust that I am even alive right now." I chuckle, covering my trauma with humor. "He sees me as this perfect kid that you molded to be because you failed to do so with him." I say angrily. "It's like I don't even know my own dad." I nod my head sideways. "I don't know you." I repeat.
-
I begin to stand up from the table. "Adam, son. Please." He grows desperate.
-
"Look." I say grabbing onto the strap of my satchel. "I'm not angry with you or resent you the way he does, because in the end I'm not going to victimize myself from his pain, and dislike of how feels for you." I explain. "I just need time to take this all in, because-...one day I'm an only child, then another day I'm have a half brother and three sisters who I have but never known."
***
That afternoon I sat in the study hall, in one of the table conducting one of my daily tutoring sessions. I mainly took on the topics of Econ and literature, they were my specialities and I helped anyone who needed it. Jackie was meeting me here to go to dinner together later. I didn't know if I should tell her about what Chris had told Zayn earlier. He has issues of his own and as much Jackie wanted to there for him, Zayn was a guy of a thousand demons not even she could fix.
-
Jackie deserved a life of her own and shouldn't have to worry for Zayn, at every minute of every second. However, if I didn't, I know she would find out soon, and I couldn't lie to Jackie. She would see right through me if she did, the way Jackie carried herself was fearless. She was very beautiful and I was surprised a girl like her would even look in my direction. She was out of my league, and I knew that very well. Opposites did attract because Jackie was more open, outgoing, honest, and let people know what was on her mind whether they wanted to hear it or not. Whereas I was more reserve, quiet, didn't bother anyone who didn't bother me.
-
Jackie appeared through the study hall doors, smiling when she spotted me but her small went into a straight as she approached the table. "Hey baby." She said with a smile on her face, eyeing the girl next to me as she focused on writing in her notebook. Leaning down and pressing her mouth against mine.
-
"Hi." I whispered to her shyly, caught of guard from her sudden PDA. "I'm almost done ok?" I said.
-
She nodded her head and didn't say anything else and went to go sit at one of the sofa's across from the table I was sitting at. I cleared my throat and focused my attention back on the girl who sat beside me. "So these notes here are just pointers to help you on your conclusion for your essay, it's important you finish it with really strong points." I smiled.
-
"Strong?" The girl moved her head slightly to the side. "Like how strong?" She questioned, chewing on her own cap and giggling slightly.
-
I chuckled and cleared my throat. "Well I suggest-..." I began when Jackie appeared next to the table. "Jackie-.."
-
My eyes widen when Jackie began grabbing her stuff and packing it one on top of another. "Pack your shit and go." She said sliding her things over to her. "Now." Jackie snapped her fingers.
-
"You're fucking crazy." The young woman bit back.
-
Jackie chuckled. "Oh yeah? I'll show you crazy." Jackie defended.
I smiled at the young woman apologetically before I could say anything and and she rolled her eyes at Jackie and waved me off. "Bye." Jackie had waved her off in a pass aggressive way.
-
"Hey, I had it handled ok?" I tried to calm her down.
-
"Clearly not." She said sitting down beside me. "She was practically eye fucking you." She chuckles.
-
I chuckled. "It's good to know you haven't gotten bored of me yet." I said.
-
She smiles shyly and leans over towards me and presses her lips against mine. "Oh shut up." She playfully hits me on my chest with her hand. "This tutoring stuff is just an excuse for these little underclassmen girls to get some upperclassman dick-..." She rambled on.
-
"Hey look at me." I whispered. "I'm not interested in them." I said. "I only have eyes for you." Pecking kisses on her lips.
-
She shyly smiled like a school girl, and hid her face from me. I sat there for a good second, debating whether I should tell her what I heard from Chris's mouth earlier today. However, I held back. I wanted Jackie to feel relaxed for once and not on edge like she always was around Zayn. Jackie deserved a life of her own. I was willing to take that chance even if, in the end she would be mad at me.
-
"I'm hungry." She whined. "Can we go to dinner now please?" She whispered.
-
"We can." I smiled.
-
We both stood up and she took my hand in hers and walked hand in hand out of the study hall, somewhere to dinner. I hoped tonight went smoothly because I had something very important to tell Jackie.
***
Selena's Point of View