39 ; Revised

Stars Dance
Chapter 39
-
Selena's Point of View

ZAYN AND I had arrived at my mom's house, and she greeted Zayn and I with smiles as our hands were quite busy with drinks and snacks he hand I had bought for the gathering. Zayn followed beside me, as I noticed through the slide doors, was the gathering outside. Brian was on the grill and as Gracie was walking around in her walker on wheels throught the house. I noticed some old school friends and a small group of guys playing football in the yard.
-
"You guys must be hungry, come out to eat and greet everyone!" My mom said excitingly.
-
Once setting down all the things on the counter of the kitchen, I took Zayn by the hand and we walked behind my mom outside. I smiled and waved at everyone, and some got up to embrace me in a hug, due to not seeing me in a long time. "When your mom said you were coming, I just knew I couldn't miss it for the word." Said Gwen on of my high school friends, who didn't really me or the rest of the girls to England.
-
"It's good to see you again Gwen." I smiled. "Gwen I'd like to meet Zayn, my boyfriend." I introduced them.
-
Zayn smiled and Gwen's eyes widen surprised, I knew what she was thinking as I had spotted Ethan with the rest of the guys in the yard. "Nice to meet you." She said. Zayn smiled and nodded his head.
-
"It's a pleasure to meet you as well." Zayn said extending his hand for a handshake and Gwen had accepted.
-
Gwen laughed. "I see London is treating you well." She teased.
-
"I couldn't agree more." Zayn agreed.
-
Gwen laughed. "Well, come sit and join us for dinner." She motioned at the table in front of us.
-
Before I could say anything else, I saw a male figure from the corner of my eye appear, and my head turned that direction to see Ethan who had appeared prepared to greet me with a smile. "Selena..." He was the first to call for my name and Zayn grew tense, I could tell by the way he squeezed my hand.
-
"Ethan!" I said with a forced smile, not wanting to make things anymore awkward. "It's nice to see you again...." I trailed off.
-
"I'd say the same." He said looking at me with a smile not really minding Zayn's attention.
-
I cleared my throat. "Well uhm...Ethan I'd like you to meet Zayn." I said. "My boyfriend." I motioned and Zayn had a forced smile on his face.
-
Immediately Ethan's smile died down and his attention went towards Zayn.
-
Zayn's Point of View 

As Selena was talking among her friend Gwen, I noticed a male figure coming our way. He looked well dressed, clean cut, and a typical football head. He resembled Adam very much, minutes the football enthusiasm he was tall like him, well dressed and when he greeted and smiled at Selena not really minding that I was standing here, which really angered me. As Selena introduced me as her boyfriend his attention shifted and I forced a smile on my face. It was when the word boyfriend left Selena's mouth that his smile died down.
-
"Nice to meet you." I said to the guy who's dreams looked like that they just been crushed. "Selena's tells me great things about you." I smiled on teasing the situation further.
-
"Does she?" He said looking over at her and then focusing his attention back to me. "I see England is treating you well Selena." He says to her.
-
"Selena's lovely friend Gwen says the same!" I carry the conversation as I glance over at Gwen who stood by the buffet table set up by the grill.
-
"Ok well..." Selena buts in. "Excuse us, Zayn and I are going to grab something to eat." Selena trailed off grabbing my hand and guiding us towards the buffet table.
-
Selena and I were grabbing our plates and serving food on them. Not really saying anything until Selena decided to whisper something over to me. "Way to set the mood." She said.
-
"He didn't even acknowledge me when he came up to greet us." I explain.
-
"You're pass aggressiveness was showing." She says.
-
"Good." I admitted with a smile.
-
Selena rolled her eyes and guided us towards the patio table where her mother sat with a blonde headed woman, and we sat beside them. "Oh Selena, it's good to see you once again." The woman greeted Selena with a smile. "And who's the lucky guy?" She said.
-
"Mrs. Lauren, it's been awhile, how are you?" Selena smiled and I nodded my head. "This is my boyfriend Zayn." She introduced me to the woman.
-
"It's nice to meet you ma'am." I shook hands with the middle aged woman.
-
"Oh please call me Lauren." She smiled and I nodded.
-
"Selena, you're mother here tells me you study abroad?" The woman who I now know as Selena says to Selena. "I have a son that studies abroad as well." She smiles.
-
"I do." Selena smiles. "How is your son by the way? Did boarding school do him well?" Selena questioned and I payed listened to the conversation as I ate my plate of food.
-
"It did." She smiles "My husband insisted that it would be the best thing for him, even though I opposed to it." The woman admitted. "However, in the end it did end up paying off." She said. "I plan spending some time with him around the holidays this year. My husband insists we go to him this time." She smiled and Selena nodded her head.
***
Selena and I sat their talking amongst her family and her friend Gwen when we were interrupted. "Hey Selena." It was Ethan at the bottom of the steps. "Does your boyfriend play soccer?" He motioned the ball in his hands.
-
"I-..." Selena looked over at me then at Ethan.
-
"I do play, football actually." I corrected him.
-
What is it with American's calling everything something else?
-
"Care to play?" He invited.
-
I didn't say nothing more, and pressed my lips against Selena's cheek and took off my jacket in which Selena took it from me. I walked down the steps, and I Ethan tossed the ball at me. "Let's play." He said although it felt like he meant something else.
-
Selena's Point of View