Last Few Hours Together

I'm sorry for the late update, please forgive me. But I was celebrating myself on having 17k on this book and I hope for many more reads so spread the word if you want. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It's short because all the shits about to go down in the next one so beware....

    " What are you doing here?" I asked finally looking into his eyes. 

    " We only have a few more hours together. Considering I'm leaving in a few hours," he laughed sadly. " But can I meet your family?" 

  " Yeah I guess." I said taking his hand in mine. I opened the slide door leading to the kitchen. Once I opened the door, all eyes were on us. My grandma was the first to get up and introduce herself. Before I could even say who he was. " Everyone this is my boyfriend, Brendan."

   " Hey Brendan!" yelled everyone.

   My grandma looked at him, lifting up her glasses. Trying to figure him out. " Now listen here sonny, you better not hurt my grandaughter. You seem like a nice man though. It's nice to meet you." She hugged him, and kissed his cheek. Brendan hugged back and backed away next to me. 

    " Oh so you're Brendan," said Ryland. Along came Seth and Les next to him.

   " I banged your brother," said Les sipping some of her hot cocoa. 

    " Oh.." Brendan replied awkwardly.

    " Nice to meet you," whispered Seth. He's so shy. If Maggie wasn't dating the love of her life, I would've totally set them up. 

     " Babe, I don't want to rush you, but I have to head home soon and I wanted to know if you wanted to come along with me." he said looking at the floor. I really would like to leave because being here with him and my family is too much. They'd be asking questions, personal questions. Talking about their old relationships and embarrassing me. 

    " Sure. Let me just grab my phone." I said running up the steps.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   " Bye family. And mom can you take my things to the house!" I yelled walking to the door, struggling to put on my boots.

    " Alright no problem," she said goofing around with Adam. I hope I have a long relationship when I'm older. 

   I walked to Brendan's car, shutting the door. He started the car, and Counting Stars by One Republic began to play. 

   " So how was your Christmas?" asked Brendan. " I see you're wearing that adorable sweater." I heard him snicker. Son of a bitch.

  " It was cool. How was your's with the Henderson's?"

    " It was all fine. But you know, Jax isn't really cool right now. And did you know Tamara is spending the night there sometimes. And she's pregnant." 

   " Yeah I already know actually." I said looking at the ground. I started going back to a memory with her.

    " Hey Tamara," I said walking into the room. " Happy Thanksgiving."

    " Oh hey Toni!" she said cheerfully. " How did you even get in here? Considering Jax isn't talking to you."

  " He's out and about somewhere. I just kinda broke in the house, shut off the alarm systems..." I said trying not to look in her eyes. I heard her laughing. I've really got to know Tamara. She's not that much of a whore. She told me about how she changed herself to fit in to the popular crowd when she was thirteen. She used to be a good girl, who always did as she was told. She decided she needed to change after having a huge crush on Jax, who didn't notice her til high school.

   " You are a mess Toni. I'm glad to call you my friend. Honestly. I really don't hang with anyone anymore." she replied. She sighed sadly. " Is it bad I don't regret keeping the child?"

   " Of course not. It's a good thing. Most teen mom's would get an abortion with no second thoughts. I'm not against abortion, I mean some people have problems. But I would rather give my child up for adoption just saying. I wouldn't want to take someone's life." I explained.