Coffee Shop Blues

Jax's P.O.V 

  After having another non-passionate, but still amazing fuck with with Hayley I turned around. She had marks from me on her porcelan skin. Her red hair all over my pillow as she snored softly. When Toni sleeps, she mumbles a lot, but she's so quiet I have to check if she's still breathing at times. 

  Why am I thinking of her? I have an amazing girl with me right now. I need to take a walk. I thought being with Hayley would get Toni off my mind, but it didn't work. 

   I put my clothes on and left a note on the table, making up a lie about how I needed to run some errands for my parents. Doing this reminded me off my one night stands. Just getting what I wanted then leaving. 

   I climbed to my car and drove towards a coffee shop that is a few blocks away. It's pretty late, but that's when it isn't as busy.

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I entered the shop, hearing the bells jingle. I only saw one other person with their back turned and an elderly couple talking quietly among-st each other.

  " How may I help you?" asked the cashier. She was a plump girl with a large smile. Dimples all over her face. 

  " Hi, could I just get a vanilla hot chocolate. Whipped cream with caramel drizzle please." I told her. She nodded her head smiling At me.

   " That'll be $5.75 please." I handed her the money and walked towards a table. I passed the with a hood over their head. It was Toni. Eyes focused on her phone as she took small sips from her mug. 

   " Hey Toni." she looked at me with her face full of shock and sadness. I could tell she'd been crying. Her eyes bloodshot and bags under her eyes.

    " Sup Jax. What are you doing here?" she asked. " It's pretty late don't you think?"

  " I could ask you the same thing. I've had a rough day. How about you Tone?"

   " Yeah. Rough day just like you." she said laughing fake. 

   "  Ummm sir, your drink!" yelled the cashier. I got up and thanked her quickly. I slowly walked back to Toni's booth. She just looked up at me with a faint smile.

   " You can sit if you want Henderson," she said taking a sip. Some whipped cream getting on her nose, but she quickly licked it off. " No one's stopping you."

  I sat down in the booth seat across from her. My hand was shaking. Toni likes revenge, and she's quite calm right now. Obviously more than before. considering how our last talk went, I was a little afraid.

  " How've you been Toni?" I questioned. She looked a me with a lopsided smile, a piece of hair falling into her eyes.

   " Frankly, I've been miserable."

  " Is it because-"

   " No!" she snapped interrupting me. She shook her head and looked down at the table. As if she was trying to recover from her outburst. " There are other things going on in my life. "

  " Isn't your birthday Monday?" I told her. Her face lit up with a wide, toothy smile. 

    " Yeah April 4th, how'd you know?"

   " You told me. My birthday is Christmas Eve ya know." I stopped talking to her for a while since the awkward kissing incident. I regret it, because she was the one I was thinking about the entire time I ignored her. 

    " I tried to text you, but you didn't answer." she said awkwardly. 

  Toni's P.O.V