Aunt Lyra

It was Friday, the afternoon of Jax's swim meet. They actually let him compete. After he pleaded, and they were disappointed at the fact he gotten suspended. They were going to get some stuff from the school board, but oh well.

        I was dressed in our school colors, purple and black. My face was painted and I had Jax's sweater with his name on it. I was going out and wanted to be the loudest along with his parents. 

       He looks so weird in a speedo. You can like, see his bulge. I wonder if he feels uncomfortable with it being out like that. Maybe he's proud?

    "C'mon baby, you can do this!" I cheered. He winked putting his goggles on his face. A whistle was blown, sending Jax into the water. It was really close. The top swimmer from another school Theadore Roosevelt High was extremely good. He even had a faster time than Jax!

        "C'mon Jaxxie you can do it!" screamed Mrs. Henderson, with his baby name. He hated that name so much. 

       "We see Jax Henderson and Peter McDonald neck and neck! Oh it looks like Henderson is taking the lead?! There goes Henderson! He's speeding ahead and...and...and... Jax Henderson wins!" shouts the announcer,"he beats all time champ Peter McDonald's, unbelievable!"

  "Good job baby, whooo!" I cheered. Our school was going wild. This race was a huge deal, considering it's been Jax's goal to beat Peter's time. Peter was practically raised in the water is what they say. He's like mermaid. 

        It was the last race of the day. Jax's mom left along with his dad. They wanted to celebrate with him instead. That meant we wouldn't have a date but oh well. I don't find anything wrong with that. I want it to be about him. He's been working hard for this and he doesn't need me ruining it.

        I decided to go to the locker room for him. The other swimmers had already left, and winked at me and told me 'get some' as I walked past. Ugh, boys. 

        Jax was in the locker room, just a towel hanging off his hips. His hair was wet and he smelled like Old Spice Soap. 

  "Hey Jax, you did great out there," I told him. He jumped, but fell back noticing it was me letting out a sigh.

        "Thanks, I heard you screaming out there. So..you're a screamer?" he joked. I shoved him and sat on the bench across from him. He kept looking back at me, then looking at the locker.

  "What?" I asked.

          "I kinda need to change babe," he chuckled. My mouth went in an 'O' shape. I'm an idiot. He's just in a towel and still a little wet from his shower. I covered my eyes and sighed.

  "Alright go. I won't look a promise."

         I heard shuffling and his towel hit the ground, "Done," he announced. He was just in Black Calvin Klein briefs. I poked his butt, and turned as if it wasn't me.

        "And you yell at me when I slap your ass..." he mumbled. 

 "Correction, I poke yours. You playfully slap mine for your information," I said sticking out my tongue. 

     "But you know it tickles," he grumbled. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to get fully dressed,"now about our date, are you ready?"

  "We're not going on a date. I just want to hang at your place. And you've been working so hard in swimming," I said trying to convince him. I really hope he didn't make reservations or something, because I'd feel even worse.

         "Alright. And I am really tired. Let's go to my place. As long as you're there, I guess I'll hang with you," he said ruffling my hair.