Should I Worry

" So, you're just going to walk me around a bit? What about your car?" I asked. 

   " I know people who were able to take it home for me," Jax replied. We were currently just walking around. It was pretty cold outside, and this dress wasn't helping at all. " Here take this."

  He put his jacket over my arms and held me closer. Yes, let the cliche go on and on more. I kept looking around. It's beautiful. The fountain and lights around here. It helps you think. I should come here more often. 

   " Do you like having so much money Jax?" I asked. He looked at me with a humorous smile. I don't get how it's funny. Well, I guess anyone would love having money.

    " I love having money actually," he chuckled," but I never really get to see my parents. I always got what I wanted in life because of it."

  " Not to mention your looks," I added. He nodded.

     " Yeah that too I guess. I mean, my mother used to model, but stopped. She didn't think it was for her. She liked business and control. She didn't want her body and beauty to control everything. She went into business. Got a cooperation. Met my dad. They combined their corporations because they hit it right off. They both got someone who had their favorite qualities: power and brains."

 " You're mom sounds like a perfect woman. Anything a man could ask for. Beauty and brains," I replied. I stopped Jax in the middle of our walk, and kicked my heels off. They were killing me. I couldn't take it anymore. I lasted longer than I thought I would with them on. 

    " I like when you wear heels," Jax said with a pout.

  " Why?" 

    He went close to my ear and whispered," Because it makes you look sexy. So I have those thoughts in mind all night."

   I shivered and tried to act as if I wasn't affected by what he said. He could tell that he made me heated, and slightly embarrassed. 

   " Um...um...thanks J-Jax," I stuttered. Darn you Toni. Your stupid nerves. You sound like and idiot.

   " Aw, I made you nervous. I've never seen you nervous. Your usually really tough, but I broke it. I feel like I just discovered a cure to cancer!" he cheered. This is ridiculous. I'm always a nervous piece of shit. I just never show it.

  " Haha, very funny," I said punching him in the arm. His phone started ringing and he instantly picked it up.

    " Hey Kirsten?" he said shocked. " What? Really? Oh my goodness, you found out today. Yeah, yeah. I'm just hanging with Toni. Yeah yeah, I know you like her a lot. I still can't believe it. A new addition. I'm so happy. He's happy. Well I hope you guys live a wonderful life. Okay, bye."

  " What's the big news?" I questioned. He looked at me with happiness in his eyes. His smile was so big, I was scared his face was going to rip. 

    " She's pregnant!" he shouted hopping around," you have no idea how happy I am. She's always wanted a kid. She treated me like a baby too much. Her boyfriend's so excited. I can't believe it. Sh's having the life she always wanted: good boyfriend and baby. "

  " Wow, everyone's getting pregnant. And Tamara is supposed to give birth in June or July right?" I asked. 

   " Yeah," he mumbled. We walked in silence, but more of a comfortable silence. If you can do that with someone and not feel awkward, you know things between you two are special. 

    " We're at you house now..." Jax trailed on. I hadn't even noticed. We walked for a while. I expected more walking. It was like a hike. We told stories and it was great. 

         He stared at me, with a glint in his eye. He kept opening his mouth, then closing it back up. His eyes darted back and forth. I know what he wanted. He wanted to kiss me, but he didn't know if I'd want to. He thought I'd push him back or deny. If only he knew I wanted it just as much as him.