Pie, Tears, and Bets

I looked at my phone and Brendan has texted me 15 times. I looked through the messages and it was all him apologizing and thinking we should get back together. He was saying he could visit me sometimes. 

   As I was distracted by these stupid, useless texts, I ran into someone. It was just Hayley. Just us two in this empty hallway. First of all, I have to pee. I don't time for her right now. But that obviously didn't work.

   " Toni, you are just so unexplainable to me," she laughed, throwing her head back. " I mean, I don't know how to deal with you. But I just think you should stay away from Jax. He's mine Toni."

  I was astonished. This girl broke Jax and acts like it was nothing. As if she loved him her entire damn life. She's full of lies and is completely fake. 

  " You're so full of shit Hayley," I said shutting her up. I circled around her, as if she were my prey. " You don't really love Jax. You just want him, because he's something everyone wants. And you think he's some toy, a game. I've seen it all before, but your game is different. Your game is to make him fall for you again, make him weak. Then you completely break him by either running off with another guy or just breaking it off. You like to make men more of the weaker sex, I like that in you. That women have control, but the way you do it is just plain vile. You've done it to every man. Now tell me Hayley, what happened in your life that made you this way?" I asked.

  " I mean, people aren't just ruthless and mean for no absolute reason." I said shrugging my shoulders. She was breathing very heavy and she focused on everything but me, for her face expression would tell it all. She tried to act as if she was unaffected, but she failed. 

    I knew she wasn't going to speak up, so I continued my journey to the bathroom. 

     " You're such a bitch Toni." she whispered. 

   " You only think that because I know everything about you." I said laughing. 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   I was watching Hangover when someone called my phone. It was Presley and I quickly answered it. 

  " Yeah Pres?" I asked happily.

   " Toni..." she replied. I could hear her sniffling and crying. I quickly stood up and paced slowly in the room. 

   " Presley what's wrong?"

    " I...I have cancer Toni..." she said. She burst out crying on the other line. I just stopped. I felt like I couldn't breathe. Cancer? How can she have Cancer? I can't deal with this! Why do all the nice people get the worst things? 

  " How long have you known?" 

   " I just found out today. I have been losing some hair already. It's leukemia. It's already very bad. I really wanted you to know because you're one of the best friends I've ever had and I think you should know." she said sobbing. " I'm in the hospital right now. I can't have visitors right now, but you can come visit me tomorrow."

  " I will after school. And I want you to fight as hard as hard as you can Presley." I said letting a tear slip. 

   " I will. I gotta get off the phone. See you tomorrow Toni." she rushed hanging up the phone. I dropped the phone on the ground, staring at the wall. I know Presley so well, and I can't handle something this bad with her. It could lead to something more....

   I brought my knees to my chest, just letting the tears fall.

  Jax's P.O.V 

  I took the cigarette from Courtney's box and just held it in my hand. I don't like the fact that sometimes I smoke, but it's very rare. Like once or twice a year. Luckily, Courtney feels bad for me so she became my friend again, even though she still doesn't forgive me. 

  " You know, this isn't my fault." I told her. She gave me twisted look and laughed. 

   " Actually it is Jax." she laughed. " I mean, you messed up everything with Toni. You guys can't even have a friendship like before. I know damn well, that you still like her."

 " No..." I trailed on.

    " You just stuck in this lovey dovey faze with Hayley. You consider her your everything and that she's everything a guy wants. I'd rather have you sleeping with multiple girls like before then dating her."