Baby Shower

"Toni, I need to talk to you," mom called me. She eyed Jax and looked at me again," alone." I honestly thought I was in trouble. Jax knew it was a signal for him to go and he walked down to the basement with Adam.

   "Now, I know you're going to a baby shower. This girl happens to be pregnant and a teenager. I want you to promise me that you'll never be as irresponsible as this girl or me," she explained," I got pregnant at sixteen and I struggled for a long time without you're father around. I just want you to be responsible because you have you're whole life ahead of you alright."

 "I promise mom," I said with a true smile. I knew the stories of how hard it was for her to be pregnant at such a young age. She told me about how in highschool, lots of people didn't talk to her because she attended school with me in her belly. You can say I've been to highschool early. 

        Not the time for joking. She kinda had a Juno story. She wanted abortion, but dad wasn't like Michael Cera. He was a dick and he's still a dick now. She said dad was an average soccer player and soccer was life. Haha. He kinda ignored mom for a long time while she was pregnant. But at the same time he beat up any kid who laughed at her for being pregnant. 

      "Toni, we should get going. I promised Tamara we'd be there early," Jax mentioned coming up the stairs. I smoothed out my dress and cardigan as I followed him towards the door. I told my mom bye and she responded with 'be safe, use protection, be home by ten.

        As I buckled my seatbelt, Jax looked a little uncomfortable. 

 "What's up?" I asked.

   "What did your mom say?" he asked nervously.

 "Oh she was just telling me not to be a teen mom like Tamara. To have babies when I'm ready," I replied. He blew out a breath of relief, probably thinking it was something about him.

    "Speaking of making babies...can we do it lat-"

  "I'm sorry, but I'm on my period so no. As much as I'd love to, it's impossible," I confessed.

     "Ugh! Dammit Mother Nature! How am I going to last almost a week with this?" he complained. 

  "Oh boohoo, I feel worse than you do. It feels like a -"

    "Please no descriptions," he groaned, "Tamara explained it once. I wish I never asked that question."

   "Don't think it's weird that you're in charge of the babyshower of your ex-girlfriend/friends with benefits?" I questioned. Jax went silent, looking out to road ahead for a little. 

     "You know I've thought about it. Like why am I still talking to her and helping her out. I mean Tamara may have been a huge bitch. I mean a huge bitch. But I actually got to know her and she's really nice. You know that now. She thought she had to be something she wasn't to fit in. I care for her and yes, the fact I've slept with her does make me uncomfortable sometimes but the world does crazy things. I mean, you never thought you'd actually care for her. I never thought that Brendan, my bestfriend, would end up to be something I hated," he explained. 

          He did have a point. I mean, I never thought KIm who was my first friend ended up hating my guts. Things happen and people leave and some stay. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Oh my gosh, I'm so happy you guys made it!" squealed Tamara, "I know that my baby is actually a girl so yay. But Drake wanted it to( its not Drake playing Drake that's lame af. Its Richard Sherman playing Drake. He was the first guy I could think of and I was watching football so..) have a boy so he could be in sports."

     "It would be cute, but I guess having a little girl in dance classes, or if she's a tomboy in powderpuff," he said elbowing Tamara. 

  "The baby is going to be so cute. Imagine it with Tamara's eyes and Drake's smile. That'd be so cute," I gushed. 

       I helped Tamara set up the rest of the shower and people started to come in. What really shocked her was the fact her parents actually showed up. Her mom cried, hugging her so tightly her dad patting Drake on the back and chatting with him. Maybe they changed their mind about kicking her out. 

   "Okay, so everything is going well. People are talking and eating this is great," I told Jax.