Cancer

So great news, I just got my phone taken away but not my laptop yay! So I can update. I just want to finish this story and get with the short sequel and start other books. I'm already getting ready to start other books and it's great. 

        My heart was beating to rapidly. What's wrong with Presley? Did the cancer get worse?

   "Toni, take deep breaths in and out. Maybe everything is going to be fine-" Jax tried to comfort.

 "No! She said it wasn't good. So obviously it's bad news Jax!" I blew up. I didn't want to yell at him. I was only yelling because I was scared. Presley is a such a great person. She's the sweetest person I've ever met and anything bad happening to her would break my heart. 

    "Okay okay. But just pray she's going to be alright. That she's going to be okay in the long run."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        I ran towards the elevator, pressing the button to Presley's floor repeatedly. I almost broke the damn button off. I felt Jax pull me into his chest, slowly rocking us back in forth. My breathing started to slow down. He helped me relax a little even though my brain was still a mess. 

        Once we reached the floor, I sped out of the elevator towards the front desk. 

 "I'm here for Pres-"

    "Visiting hours are over goodbye," she rude lady replied. 

 "But it's important, my friend is in there," I said feeling tears start to fill my eyes. I needed to see here, "please only for a few minutes. Please, please, please." I begged. 

     "Fine, only for a few minutes. Then you gotta get out," she huffed. I thanked her quietly but I heard her mutter 'stupid kids' to herself. Like bitch you don't have to work here with that sorry attitude. 

        I opened the door to see Blake holding Presley's hand on the verge of tears. I've never really seen guys cry. 

      "Toni," Presley gasped. Her voice was weak and she was shaking. I felt that if I hugged her I'd break her. I sat in the chair next to her. 

 "What's going on? What happened?" I asked. 

         "It's getting worse. I can't leave the hospital now. I have to stay here Toni and it's getting to hard. I'm too weak. It was really weird how it happened though," she tried to explain with a sad smile.

        "She w-was coughing up blood at my house. I-I didn't kn-know what to do," Blake stuttered. He caressed her hand and kissed it gently. 

          I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream, but I kept my calm for her. 

         "If anything happens, promise me you'll stay strong. I know you're not good with things like this," she tried to joke.

 "I will, I promise," I mumbled. I saw a tear slip from her eye, but she quickly wiped it. She knew she wasn't going to get better I could tell by the look in her eye. Jax stood at the door with his hand rubbing over his face a couple of times to keep his emotions away. 

        "Visiting hours are over!" exclaimed a voice at the door. The bitch at the desk, "lover boy and you two gotta go. You can come back another time." The look on her face was so sinister. I don't understand what's wrong about seeing a patient. 

        I stomped my way out of the room. I heard Presley mumble to Blake an "i love you". I didn't say a word on our way to the car. If I did I knew I'd start bawling my eyes out. Blake jumped into his car, speeding out of the hospital parking lot. 

        "Toni.." Jax said cautiously. He stopped at his car, leaning on it a little and looking me in the eye," C'mere."

        I ran into his arms and clung to the front of his shirt. He rubbed up and down my back trying to comfort me.

        "Sh, it's going to be okay baby girl," he whispered into my ear.