Storm

" What's going on?" Jax whispered in my ear. I shushed him and watched his aunt act so dramatic. I really don't like this woman. 

   "My name is Lyra you see, and I'm quite misunderstood. I'm gorgeous, I'm everything you'd want(it's not going to rhyme, because it's not like I'm making a mixtape guys...). But my sister Jane took the spotlight away from meeeee," she sang. Please rip my ears off. This is like a horrible Broadway production. 

        She slid down the stairs, flipping her hair to the side. She looked at one of the swimmers and bumped his hip. His cheeks turning crimson while she did so. Wow...her hips don't lie.

      "She had it all. The brains, the beauty, the guy. My guy to be exact. She took my lover away from me and ran off with the crown on her head. I couldn't believe it. I was left in the dumps, trying to retrieve it."

  "This is so unnecessary," I said under my breath. Her head whipped towards me, a smirk growing on her face. I could see the michief in her eyes.

      "And Toni, Jax's girlfriend. Oh such a bitch," she snipped walking towards me. As long as she wasn't singing..."she thinks she knows everything. She's not quite the looker, not quite the talker. She doesn't deserve my nephew in any shape or form. All she is is a worthless, ugly-"

     "Lyra that is enough!" Jane said snatching the brush from her hand and throwing it on the ground, "it was highschool. It's nothing now and you need to get over it! And you were a complete bitch, yeah I said it! You were immature and inconsiderate. You didn't care for anyone else, but yourself. That's why you went no where in life. Except being a- let me stop before I say something I regret."

        She threw her head back, chugging down the rest of her wine. I'm pretty sure she's glad she got that off of her chest.

     "Now get out of my home," she said sternly rubbing her head. Everyone watched Jane disappear into the kitchen, her heels clicking while she walked. Lyra's eyes darted at everyone in the room, examining our faces. She laughed turning to Jax.

       "Bye nephew," she said reaching out for a huge. He didn't move. Just stared at her and looked her up and down in disgust.

        "I don't care if you are family, no one disrespects the one I love. Please leave," he said between his teeth. Her arms fell to her sides as she looked between us,her eyes squinted. 

        "Fine. Hope you have fun with whatever she is. She's going to crumble one day. I see it in her eyes. Not as well kept as you think. Just give her some time," she whispered. With that, she sauntered out of the house, slamming the door behind her. Everyone started talking again once she left. There was no longer tension in the house. 

        I felt Jax pull me upstairs. I heard several of his friends wolf whistle as went upstairs. Guys are weird. He pulled me into his room and sat on the bed. He looked really glum and his eyebrows pulled together.

       "You're nothing she said you are Toni. You're not worthless, you're stunning. She's just enraged the fact I'm not with Hayley and that you're more outgoing than other girls," he apologized.

 "Oh I'm fine. I wouldn't sit there and listen to someone like her. Her words went through one ear and out the other. She's nothing to my right now. I've got better things to be more concerned about," I assured. He nodded and carried on with his day. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      "Toni, I want you to be careful on this date. There's a 60% chance of a thunderstorm tonight," my mom said looking up from her magazine.