29

"We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions." Captain Rex, Clone Captain of  501st Legion

--

"Get ready, we're on the moon, it might get a little weird." Natalia said as she checked for her lightsaber. Rex and Cody ran out first, Natalia and Caleb followed behind them closely. "This is not good, I don't see the deck officer anywhere." Rex said. "These boys are sloppy, they should all be on cleaning duty." Cody complained. "Commander. Don't complain about your brother's like that." Natalia said sternly. "Yes, General." Cody said. "I have a baaad feeling about this." Rex said as the deck officer came out of the command center.

"Welcome to Rishi, Commander. As you can see the outpost is operating at peak efficiency. Thank you for visiting, and have a... safe... trip back." The deck officer said as he made odd hand signals. Cody and Rex looked at each other and back at the deck officer, "We need to check the base, now step aside." Cody said as he pushed forward. "Um, there is no need, everything is fine and operational." The deck officer said. "Take us to the sergeant at command." Rex said threateningly. "Roger roger." The deck officer said. 

"Roger roger? This doesn't add up." Natalia whispered, suddenly a streak of red flew into the air and popped like a pin, "A droid attack flare?!" Cody said, suddenly Natalia took out her lightsaber and stabbed the droid in the head, "General! What the heck are you doing?!" Cody yelled. "Relax, just as I thought, looks like one of those new commando droids." Rex said as he took the helmet off. "That flare must have come from the survivors." Natalia said. 

Suddenly hidden commando droids started firing at them, "It's an ambush!" Rex yelled. Cody shot down one of the droids but it sprang back up, "Ah! These clankers have tough armor!" Cody yelled. Natalia ran up to the droid and sliced it with her lightsaber. The four ran and hid behind some boxes as the droids continued to shoot at them. "We're cut off!" Cody yelled. More droids came out of the outpost and joined the battle. "Off the platform!" Rex yelled. "Copy that." Cody said as he and Rex ran from the detonators. The bombs hit their shuttle and destroyed their only way off Rishi. They jumped off of the platform and were hanging off of the platform by their grappling hooks, Natalia was literally hanging off of Rex's ankles above the high cliff. "I swear, if you drop me you'll regret it." Natalia threatened. "I won't, relax General." Rex said as they lowered themselves to the ground.

"Well that sure complicates things, Commander." Rex said as he looked at their fiery shuttle. "Luckily we have Jedi here." Cody said as he looked at Natalia and Caleb. Natalia could sense his relief, which made her feel better about being with them. Suddenly three clones came out of the shadows and walked towards them. Rex and Cody aimed their blasters at them and Natalia and Caleb turned on their lightsabers and pointed them at the clones. "Put your hands above your heads! Take your helmets off!" Cody yelled. "Sir?" One of the clones asked. "Take them off! Now!" Cody yelled, becoming more and more paranoid. The clones took off their helmets revealing clone faces. Suddenly the ground shook and a giant eel revealed itself. Rex shot the beast in the eye and killed the eel. 

Rex took off his helmet and inspected the eel, "Nice shot." One of the clones said admiringly. "The name's Rex." He said as he touched the eel's blood. "And you'll call me Captain or sir." He said sternly. "Sir, yes sir!" The three said in unison. "I'm Commander Cody, your new boss." Cody said as he took off his helmet. "My designation is 27-5555." One of the clones said. "We call him Fives, I'm Hevy, this is Echo." Hevy said. "Where's your sergeant?" Cody asked, "Dead sir, we're all that's left." Echo said. "Looks like we've got ourselves a bunch of shiny's General." Rex said as he walked up to Echo. "Shiny's sir?" Echo asked. "That's right, your armour, it's shiny and new. Just like you." Rex said as he placed his hand on Echo's chest, leaving a perfect blue hand mark on it.

"Sir, me and the men are ready, we'll take back the post. Shiny or not." Hevy said. "There's hope for you yet, rookie." Natalia said with a smirk. "Try to keep up, clones." Natalia said as she jumped up, starting to head back to the platform. "Is the General always doing things like this?" Hevy asked, Rex looked up at the General, almost pretty much at the platform. "Yes, and that's what makes her remarkable." Rex said as he started climbing. The clones got to the platform successfully. "Look sharp, rookies. As long as these clankers occupy the post our home planet of Kamino is at risk." Rex said. "But there's so many of them!" Fives said, "It doesn't matter, kid. We have to retake this base. And we will retake this base!" Natalia said sternly. "How do you propose we get through those blast doors, Rex ol' boy." Cody asked. 

"I have a few ideas." Rex said. They got to the door, Rex walked up to the door and looked into the camera. "Unit 26 is that you?" The droid on the other side asked, "Roger roger." Rex said. "You sound funny, is something wrong with your vocabulator?" The droid asked. "Roger roger." Rex said again. "Take off your helmet and let me see your face plate." The droid said. Rex crouched down and picked up a droid's head and put in the camera's view. "This is never gonna work." Cody said while shaking his head, Natalia laughed quietly at him and his close mindedness. 

Surprisingly the door opened. "Stupid droids." Natalia said. "Whoa!" The droid said as he jumped back a bit. "Roger... roger." Rex said as he shot a droid. The other clones and the two Jedi went to the door and destroyed all of the droids. "Right, let's go." Rex said as they ran down the hall. "Permission to take point, sir?" One of the clones asked. "I'm always first, kid." Rex said as he started running into the command centre. The two Jedi and the four other clones followed behind closely. "Fives!" Echo yelled after Fives got shot, "He's okay, just focus on the battle." Cody said. Rex went up to one of the droids and snapped it's neck, it fell to the ground as more droids came in. 

"I got one!" Echo yelled. "Sorry Echo, I jumped that one." Hevy said, "Lucky how you did." Echo said as he walked away. "Not so tough now, are ya?! Sparky." Echo yelled at a dead droid. 

"Get to the window, it looks like we have more visitors."