47

Some people say that being in space is like being in a vacuum, or being in a block of ice. The truth is, it's like both. The temperature is beyond freezing and you can't breath at all, you'd die if you lasted over a minute in space. At this point, Natalia tried her hardest to swim back to the cruiser, but she had no energy whatsoever. She closed her eyes and meditated, she sensed Anakin, he had no idea what just happened, she sensed Grievous as his cruiser came closer and closer to her. "No!" She mentally screamed, her eyes shot open to reveal the Separatist cruise, "No! Anakin save me!" She screamed in her mind.

Luckily Anakin's cruiser came just in time, it practically rammed into Grievous' cruiser, the tractor beam was turned on as her freezing body was pulled up, the heat hitting her frozen skin. "I can't see." Natalia whispered, "What?" Obi-Wan asked, "I can't see!" Natalia gasped louder as her breath came back to her, Anakin and Obi-Wan looked at each other and back at her. "Open your eyes." Anakin said with a laugh, Natalia opened her eyes and instead of being emerald green.

They were white.

She screamed in pain as her eyes burned, the last thing she could physically see was Anakin reaching down for her. "My eyes!" She screamed as she dug her fingernails into her scalp to stop the pain in her eyes, "My eyes! They're burning!" She continued to scream, tears streaming down her cold cheeks. Obi-Wan looked at the medical droid who was holding a sedative in his hand and nodded. "Kill me please!" She screamed, suddenly there was a sharp pinch on her neck and she started feeling sleepy. And soon she went out.

Hours later Natalia woke up, her face covered in a sort of bandaging, shielding her blinded eyes from any harm. "Did you save them?" Natalia asked, "No. There was no way we could've saved your vision, we tried hard but it isn't medically possible." A the droid reported. "I must go back to the Temple. I must speak with the Council." Natalia insisted, "How? You're still healing. You're very lucky you're alive." Obi-Wan told her, but she wouldn't listen. "I must learn to use the Force differently, I must seek advice from Master Yoda." Natalia insisted, this time Obi-Wan gave in. Natalia ran over to the hangar and got into her fighter, Obi-Wan followed her.

"I wish you well, my old student." Obi-Wan said, "May the Force be with you." He said as Natalia closed the top of her fighter, they exited the hangar and she saw Rex standing beside Obi-Wan, his eyes full of worry. Natalia flew into her hyperdrive ring and her and Anakin entered hyperspace. Natalia wished she could see the stars again as they flew past. But everything was drenched in black, nothing could be seen, tears streamed down her face from her pale eyes. Everything she could see, was gone, everything she could read, could no longer be read, everything she loved to look at was just... gone, so suddenly.  The saddest thing is the last thing she saw was Grievous, he took her sight from her, he did this to her, and she wanted revenge.

Natalia sensed they were over Coruscant, her and Anakin put their fighters into nose dives and flew to the Temple. "Open up the hangar, we are home." Natalia told the hangar control centre. "Yes sir." The clone said, the hangars shields opened and the two Jedi flew in. "Natalia, Anakin, good to see you it is." Yoda said with a small green smile. "What brings you here?" Mace asked, "It's about Natalia." Anakin said, Mace looked at the two in confusion. Natalia took off the fighter helmet she was wearing and revealed her pale eyes.

"What happened to your eyes?" Mace gasped, "General Grievous took her jumper cables and she ended up being pulled into space, since space is so dark, the second her eyes hit the light of our cruiser, she was blinded." Anakin said, Mace and Yoda looked at each other. "Teach you how to not see with your eyes but with your mind we will." Yoda said, "We'll do everything we can, but it is up to you to let go." Mace said, Natalia nodded. "Yes, Master." Natalia said.

"Master!" Caleb yelled from down the hall, he ran to Natalia and hugged her, "Caleb." Natalia whispered as she hugged her young Padawan back. "I'm so glad you're okay, Master. I hate not being with you." Caleb said as he let her go, he looked into her eyes and his own eyes widened. "What happened to your vision?!" He gasped.

"Damaged her vision has been, stop her this will not. Blinded her eyes may be, see clearly her mind can." Yoda answered for her. Natalia nodded in agreement. "Will she still able to be my master?" Caleb asked.

"Of course, the Force put you two together, this won't change anything."