59

"This misty atmosphere is really messing with my Force vision." Natalia complained as she watched the enemy's from afar, Anakin was using his binoculars and looked, "General Kenobi's platoon, sir?" Rex asked, "They're pushing towards the capital, we need to move out as soon as the men are ready." Anakin reported, "All platoons are reported in, General." Dogma reported, "Good, now get some rest." Anakin instructed, but Dogma protested. "Thank you sir, I'm fine." Dogma said, "The General's giving you an order, Dogma." Rex said as he walked toward him, "Of course, sir." Dogma said suddenly, he turned on his heel and walked back to his men. Rex watched him leave and walked beside Anakin and Natalia, "He's wound tight, but he's loyal." Rex said with a shrug, Natalia laughed, "He kind of reminds me of you." Natalia told Rex, "Maybe, back in the day." Rex said darkly, Natalia realized the war had effects on him, it had effects on everyone.

"The enemy is circled behind us!" Fives yelled. Natalia took her lightsaber out and ran beside Anakin, they jumped into one of the nearby trenches and saw clones being electrocuted one by one, Anakin ran over to the source, it was an insect, and sliced it in half. "The air strike should be coming, sir!" Rex yelled, "Let's hope they're not too busy helping Obi-Wan's battalion." Natalia said as she deflected more blasts, "I recommend we move to another ridge in case the air strike overshoots." Rex warned, Natalia nodded in agreement. "Good thinking, Rex. Everyone move out now!" Anakin shouted, everyone got up and ran across the trench, they reached the end and jumped out, everyone took cover behind bushes. "Everyone's here, sir." Rex told Anakin, "Good, everyone must maintain position." Anakin emphasized, Rex nodded. "Are you sure those bombers are coming?" Tup asked, "Wait for it." Natalia told them, suddenly two Y-Wings became visible and fired down on the surface, creating a beautiful, fiery explosion, the clones and Natalia cheered at the loud booming of the bombs.

"Glad we got off of that ridge." Anakin said as he looked at the aftermath, "Yeeeah." Rex said, "That'll teach em!" Dogma said excitedly, "Smart man, Rex." Natalia said with a smile. Suddenly a gunship came into view and it landed in front of Anakin and Natalia, Master Pong Krell came out of the gunship in front of them and looked at the troops. "General Krell's here?" Tup whispered in confusion, Natalia was equally as confused, "Something big must be going on." Fives said darkly, Natalia walked up to stand beside Anakin and greet Master Krell. "Master Krell, thanks for the air support." Anakin said as he stood up straight, "Indeed General Skywalker, the natives seem to be more resourceful than anticipated." Krell explained, the clones nodded in agreement. "But that's not the reason for you visit." Natalia cut in, "No, the Council has ordered Skywalker back to Coruscant, effective immediately." Krell told the two Jedi, "What? Why?" Anakin asked, clearly shocked, "I'm afraid you have been requested by the Supreme Chancellor, and the Council obliged, that's all they would tell me." Krell said while shaking his head. "I-I can't just leave my men with General Schulter!" Anakin said as he looked at Rex, "I'll be taking over your position." Krell told Anakin. "Don't worry about a thing, General. General Schulter and us clones will have the city in Republic control by the time you're back." Rex said with a grin.

"Master Krell, this is Rex, my first in command. You won't find a more loyal trooper around." Anakin told Krell, "Good to hear that, I wish you well, Skywalker." Krell said as he placed his hand on Anakin's shoulder, Anakin nodded and walked toward the gunship. "Anakin, I don't trust Master Krell, just promise me you'll be back soon." Natalia whispered, "Don't worry, Nat. I'll be back before you know it." Anakin said as he kissed her cheek, he got into the gunship and waved Natalia goodbye as the gunship got into the air and left. "Your reputation perceives you, General. It's an honor to be serving beside you." Rex said with a smile, but Natalia could sense an insult coming. "I'm surprised you recognize the feeling of honor, Captain. For a clone." Krell insulted him, Rex was too stunned to say anything back, "Stand at attention when I address you." Krell snapped at him, Rex snapped to attention and looked forward, he gave Natalia a pleading look and Natalia glared at Krell, "I'm sorry, this Captain just met you and he wasn't aware of your protocol, Master. Take this slip-up as my error for I trained him. He's an incredible fighter and he does everything correctly." Natalia told Krell, "Next time this happens with any of your clones, I will be sure to hold you responsible and you will get full consequences." Krell threatened as he walked away, "My command is effective, I do things by the book including protocol, unlike you, General Schulter, you're sloppy and your command is ineffective, you should be demoted back to Padawan." Krell said sharply, "Have your troops ready to move out immediately, that is all." He said finally. Rex sighed and looked at Natalia, she was too stunned to protest.

"You heard the General, let's get our troops ready before we get in serious trouble." Natalia said through gritted teeth, Rex looked at her then back at Fives and shrugged. The platoon started walking down a path, Natalia up front with Rex and Fives. "Quicken the pace platoon, this isn't some training course on Kamino, and you're a Jedi Knight, think on your feet." Krell yelled at the battalion, "The new General sure has a way with words." Fives commented, "He's just trying to get us moving." Rex said, but Natalia shook her head, "By lowering self esteem, I'm a Jedi Knight as well and I know this isn't how you command a battalion." Natalia told Rex, he just sighed. "We've got a job to do, just treat him with respect and we'll all get along fine." Rex said optimistically. "

"I don't respect people who don't respect me."