001

001

Unforgiving, menacing waves of too-low-to-the ground clouds began to roll in over the sky

Unforgiving, menacing waves of too-low-to-the ground clouds began to roll in over the sky. they were massive and a deep gray, making the day seem torturous.

but jimin was anything but disenchanted. he sat in the backseat of his family vehicle with a pair of earbuds stuck into his ears, peaceful music lulling him into an atmospheric trance. his mother drove while his father sat in the passenger seat rattling off directions that were muffled to him.

a small smile had made a home on his face ever since he sat in is seat. he watched the trees fly passed him and the road seem to stretch like the belt of a treadmill beneath him. despite the rain that would no doubt fall front the sky at any given moment, nothing could dampen his mood.

he was moving.

most kids wouldn't be too fond of the idea, but jimin would grow excited every time he thought of it. he'd lived in the same small, apartment with his parents for far too long. finally, they were moving to a larger home.

granted, it wasn't much of a come up, but at least jimin would have a decent amount of space to breathe. the two bedroom, one-bath apartment was something the family could stand for only so long.

their new home was a mystery to jimin, however. he had the opportunity to see it with his parents when they were looking earlier on in the year, but he wanted to be surprised. he was sure any house they picked was better than the box they lived in stuck between their foreign neighbors antoine and steve.

fuck steve, jimin thought bitterly, before pulling out an earbud.

"i don't mean to sound like that kid, but are we there yet?" he asked, leaning forward in his seat to stare out the dashboard.

they were driving down a winding path with houses on either side, and jimin couldn't help but wonder which was theirs.

his father grunted out a hurried affirmation, waving him off and pointing in the direction for his mom to turn. rolling his eyes at the shitty response, he leaned his head against the window and closed his eyes. hopefully, when he awoke, he'd be in front of their new home.

"jimin, are you sleeping already?" he heard his mom ask not even a second after he shut his eyes. "we're at the house." she said, pulling into a cobblestone driveway.

with is sudden fatigue gone, jimin sat up straight and craned his neck against the window to get a better view of the home.

it was one story and simple looking. there was a one-car garage, a porch, and a pretty tree in the front yard.

"now, i know you're excited to see inside and pick out your room, but we need help with moving the boxes—"

"thats what the movers are for." jimin's hand was already on the handle and pushing the door open before the car had even stopped moving.

he knew he was being hyperactive and maybe a bit over the top with his reaction, but he couldn't help it. there was a shout from his father behind him, but jimin paid no attention to it.

he sprinted across the yard, towards the tree, and stared at his new home.

the subtle smile that he'd been wearing all day grew to one of absolute bliss. the house wasn't perfect, nor was it luxurious, but it was his and he loved it.

he heard the car doors shut as his parents exited. his dad went to help the movers open up the large van full of their belongings while his mom walked up over to where he stood.

with her hands stuffed into the pockets of her authentic mom-jeans, she heaved out a long sigh. "i hope you like it, jiminnie." she rested her head on his shoulder and stared at the house with as much love as he did.

he wasn't much taller than his mom. he probably advanced her by an inch or two, but they still counted. jimin was used to being short. while he hated it at the early stages of realizing he would be this height forever, he came to find that it had advantages.

"i love it, mom, it's wonderful." he breathed out in awe.

she chuckled at her son and pulled away. "you haven't even seen the inside," jimin only shrugged at the statement while she continued on, "come, help us bring in the boxes." a pat on his bicep instructed him to follow her towards the large fan and several workers along with his father.

he was too distracted by his giddiness to realize the pairs of eyes on him from across the street.

____
i hope this turns out alright
if it doesn't i'll cry fr