043

043

It'd been a couple of days since jimin's internal breakdown

his parents, having not located the spare key, have since changed the locks. his father had ran rampant with trying to locate the thing, his mother not half as concerned, as she felt changing the locks wouldn't be too bad of an idea as it was something that would've gotten done eventually.

jimin felt more at ease with the locks being changed. he still shuddered when entering his room, he still couldn't sleep without his new star shaped nightlight, and eating was difficult as stomaching food seemed unbelievably hard. he tried—he did. he tried so hard to be okay; to not be outwardly effected, but felt detached.

yoongi helped a lot as well. jimin worked up the courage to explain what happened after coming home from being dropped off, how his happiness could never last for more than a moment.

and with yoongi, jimin's other newfound friends helped a lot as well. though they weren't clued in on to what it was that had jimin on edge and quieter than usual, they put their all into attempting to cheer him up. hoseok, jungkook and namjoon got lunch with him, inviting him to a cake shop that opened up on the strip downtown. even seokjin pitched in, going on a walk with jimin to a creek he and the other boys would go to occasionally to chill, as he said.

taehyung invited him to a party, as he does. it was the second event the younger urged jimin to attend, telling him he'd have a blast and his troubles would all be behind him. jimin doubted it, but humored taehyung nonetheless, accepting the invite and putting all his acting into mimicking excitement.

no. jimin wasn't happy, and pretending to seem so struck minor chords inside him, a tune of sorrow pouring from his watchful gaze. he'd been texting in the group chat amongst the other boys back and forth about the upcoming party.

hoseok and namjoon were joking about the ways they could sneak jimin out of the house and away from his overbearing father. these were the rare times within the week jimin smiled with sincerity, small chortles and snickers under his breath from witty, smartass comments from both jungkook and seokjin amusing him.

the party was set for todday, friday. it was a block party held in the neighborhood over by a friend of yoongi—kihyun, or something similar. jimin was thankful it was something casual. he wasn't sure how many times he could get away with wearing the crocodile leather loafers and outfit taehyung and seokjin bought for him.

his mother worked a full shift at the hospital, and usually on the weekdays, his father got home around or after nine at night. he needed to get out of the house and away from him nightmare walls. the darkness was sucking him lifeless, and to think, a month and a half ago, his room was filled with so much light.

casually dressed, jimin left his house double checking all the locks. it was warm out, so put off the idea of bringing a jacket, settling for a long sleeved top instead. he put on his best happy face and bounded over to hoseok's home, where the other boys were meeting up as well.

he arrived to hoseok's home with a warm smile, breathing in the excited and friendly atmosphere.

he decided then, that he was going to have fun and enjoy himself tonight. he deserved it.

_______
i know this is short but i'm gonna get a lil personal with you all, if that's alright.

i have these depressive episodes that can last from anywhere near a few days to months at a time. it's really hard for me to write anything when i'm like this, but i want you all to know that i'm trying really hard. updates will still be the same, so don't worry. but if my writing seems off or lifeless, you know why.

have a good day! ^^