056

056

Jimin felt lost in his surroundings

he could hear the rushing of water spilling from the kitchen's sink faucet—yoongi was washing a mug for him—but the sound was oddly muffled. he could feel the cushion from beneath him—yoongi frantically forced him to sit, eyes ablaze in worry and confusion—but his legs felt numb and on the verge of giving out.

he could smell the faint scent of lilac and orange laundry detergent clinging to the fuzzy, blue blanket wrapped around his shoulders—perhaps yoongi felt this would calm the younger down while he went to make tea—but jimin was unable to comprehend what exactly was going on.

having arrived in a state of incomprehensible skin searing hatred, only to be forced into a state of stillness, left jimin's body buzzing, a prickling sensation sparking underneath his flesh. his gaze was trained before him, yet unfocused and his mind swarmed with unintelligible thoughts.

it was when yoongi's figure invaded his vision did he give a sardonic chuckle, taking the tea yoongi brewed for him. there was an ill set silence hanging over the room and an impalpable tension surging between the two boys. "how bad is it?" yoongi, jimin noted, always seemed to know what was going on before needing to be told anything.

it was like he'd melded his soul with jimin's and instinctively knew when their tether had been strummed, able to decipher the meaning of the vibrating outcome.

jimin took what looked like leisurely sips of the citrus tea, though, in reality, each intake was calculative and measured because he knew he needed to find some type of calm before responding.

yoongi didn't press or insist for a quick answer, but he looked far from collected. if anything, his increasingly nervous idiosyncrasies were sending jimin into another fit of uprising panic.

jimin set the mug down, "I want to kill him, darling."

yoongi honed in on the tightness in his voice and the clench of his jaw, making no mistake in realizing jimin meant every word he said. the blond's stomach twisted in dread once again.

"he took everything and left but a measly note of warning behind, and i'd be damned if we arrive to the station with cutout letters glued to paper, especially when they came from my art supply drawer." jimin found it hard to relay all of this to yoongi. it was having to relive arriving to a room he no longer felt comfortable in, it was having to acknowledge that he couldn't continue pretending he was okay.

"we have to devise our own plan to catch this fucker then, if that's what all of this comes down to." yoongi spoke feverishly, lisping slightly over his speech and stuttering through the sentence. he looked more provoked than jimin had, rendering the younger into a pause and thinking over just how wild he must have arrived.

but the firm passion in yoongi continuously wanting to help made the cautious tense in jimin's shoulders ease and the grip in his gut subside. yoongi stopped his blabbering, a frown creasing the skin between his brows. "stop looking at me like that." he all but ordered, eyes flicking over every inch of jimin's face.

"like what?"

"like you want to fuck me," yoongi's voice was croaky, "this isn't the time." he pushed jimin's forgotten mug towards him, the ceramic no longer hot to the touch, but still emitting a hum of warmth. "you can't solve everything with sex."

it was a jab, even if it wasn't filled with the intent of hurting jimin. yoongi winced, seeming to hear what he'd just voiced out.

he opened his mouth with the beginnings of an apology, but jimin spoke over the dying first syllables. "I was looking at you with admiration, not lust. I figured you'd be able to tell the difference by now; social cues and all, I suppose they can be quite tricky, or perhaps it's just me. maybe my expressions are all of the same since fucking and fucking up are all I seem to be good at."

they stared at one another unchallengingly; they both knew jimin meant what he said.

"this isn't important right now." yoongi doesn't always say the right things the way you like to believe, jimin, he's only human.

"I know," jimin watched the herbs at the bottom of his mug drift as he swirled the tea around, "you brought up the idea of a plan..."

yoongi made a sure noise of agreement, "you're going to have to wait for him to contact you again."

______
and yall thought i was gonna tell your their plan!!

since i'm curious, i have a question i hope the majority of you are willing to answer. i always see who you presume the stalker to be, but why do you suspect that person? and please provide an explanation that transcends more than just a gut feeling. for the next few chapters im hoping to focus more on the minor characters and your answers would help a lot with that. thank you!!

short update, but i hope you all like it nonetheless <3