065

065

Jimin spent the majority of the day cooped up in his house with yoongi and his parents by his side

Jimin spent the majority of the day cooped up in his house with yoongi and his parents by his side. his nerves were a bit of a mess, but for the most part, he was able to ignore them so long as he kept his eyes away from the clock.

however, it was much later into the evening, and jimin sat alone in his room with sludge in place of his blood. he felt leadend to the plush dip of his bed, waiting in place patiently for the hour hand to go from seven to eight.

his mind was a blank slate, surprisingly. if if his thoughts weren't moving in slow motion, he wasn't thinking at all. the only thing he was aware of was how sluggishly time appeared to move when you were anticipating something.

yoongi had left long before the afternoon switched to evening. he left with the excuse to jimin's parents that he had to accompany his father to a meeting regarding one of the hotels in the city, but jimin knew better.

the two shared a look much similar to that of interlocking pinkies before the older left him to his lonesome.

jimin wasn't sure what was louder, his heartbeat or the trills of the cicadas outside his window, right underneath the rhododendrons. jimin wasn't sure of much, save for the fact that he wanted so badly to back down from meeting his tormentor in the woods tonight.

he was dressed for the occasion rather than the weather. he wore a long-sleeved top paired with one of yoongi's longer, heavier jackets, along with pants and boots—his clothes were dark. jimin's parents were still home, but luckily for him, they were in their room instead of watching television on the couch. he would've had to sneak out of his window if they'd been in the living room and he wasn't too fond of that idea. he was opting on leaving through his backdoor, since the sliding glass would shut more quietly than the front door.

when the time was nearing closer to eight, jimin stood on autopilot, and grabbed what he needed before leaving. he walked across the floor quietly, his ears very attuned to the heavy sounds the underside of his shoes made against the floor. by the time he was on the other side of the glass door, out in his backyard, he felt that he could breathe easier.

yoongi hadn't called out of encouragement and reassurance that jimin was going to stick through with the plan. he hadn't even texted. his faith in jimin was what motivated the boy to walk across the grass and head to the densely foliaged area where he was to wait.

at some point, he'd managed to completely separate mind from body. he felt like he watching down on himself as he maneuvered unskillfully through thick brush and over jagged rocks.

he watched all around him in hyper-aware attentiveness. every small sound set him on edge. there were random snaps of branches being disturbed above him, the sound of creatures skittering across fallen leaves from under him, and the distinct feel of eyes positioned on his back.