008

008

Jimin wore a halo made of fire

he was sweet with bad intentions. the smile on his face feigning as honeysuckle and rose water hid the murky sludge sloshing underneath. his table sat four people, a seat empty. his parents were on either side of him, conversing about their day with happy expressions. jimin mimicked their posture and happiness like he'd done so many times before.

tonight's entrée was whatever his mother had picked up on her way home; restaurant bought noddles.

his chopsticks would play around with the noodles and the broth they sat in. his halo burned bright with flames; min yoongi was on his mind.

he wondered just how his parents would react if they knew of the neighbor who lived a few houses down, playing with jimin's thoughts while he was at the dinner table. he wanted nothing more than for yoongi to streak harsh lines down his back and call him baby. for him to lay in bed with him and laugh at whatever silly thought popped up in their minds.

he nearly swore aloud, for he had a crush on the boy he was plaguing his every waking thought.

"jimin, are you not hungry?" his mom snapped him awake from his reverie with her soft voice. he looked up from where he was absentmindedly playing with his food and shot her a reassuring smile. "no, not really." he confessed.

"did you eat anything today? i don't understand how you aren't hungry. we barely have anything in the fridge," his dad spoke, "unless you're the one who finished all the slices of cheese." he joke halfheartedly, packing a pile of noodles between his utensil.

"i didn't really eat, but i did have a few snacks so that's probably why i'm not too hungry." he admitted thoughtfully. "but if i end up getting hungry later on, i'll reheat this." he directed the next part of his statement to his mom, hoping she wouldn't force him to sit at the table until his food was gone.

she hadn't done that since he was a kid, but it still wasn't the best experience to suffer through.

she nodded, telling him it was fine. their conversation went from topics like how they liked their jobs to how they liked their neighbors. when they first moved in, the people who lived in the homes beside them welcomed them to the neighborhood with friendly smiles. his parents thought they were kind, and asked jimin his opinion.

he, too, found them nice. but he preferred the house a few across from his a few homes down. the two-story place that housed none other than yoongi.

and there he goes again, thinking about him.

jimin's heart beat increased and he grew somewhat nervous. his father never asked about yoongi that day he saw them on the lawn. it was the only time he'd been around when his dad present.

he tried to calm himself down by telling himself there was nothing for his father to be suspicious of, because he had no clue about what was going on behind his closed doors.

he loved his parents dearly, and that's why he did what he did. he didn't want to disappoint them. but he also really craved affection in a way that couldn't provide.

"some of the staff at the hospital are having a celebration tomorrow," his mom said suddenly. she sounded exuberant at the news and began to talk with her hands. "our surgery went perfect, so they're having this get together at the bar and i was hoping we could go together." she looked at her husband expectantly.

"why, mrs. park, are you asking me out on a date?" jimin's dad pulled his lips into a smirk and gave a fake look of astonishment.

to jimin's surprise and somewhat disgust, his mom blushed. "okay, you guys have fun on your date. i'm going to die for a little while," he picked his bowl and walked it to sink quickly.

"jimin, stop referring to sleep as temporary death," his mom's voice called after him and he snickered.

______
things gon get inter esting