028

028

Jimin had entered his house by five in the evening like he had promised

there was a small smile gracing his lips as he returned from spending the day with yoongi and his friends. his home was quiet, however, the repercussions of earlier this morning still straining heavy in the atmosphere.

his parents made no more conversation about the ordeal, for their sake rather than jimin's. his father was cooking dinner in the kitchen, listening to the evening radio that came installed with the house, humming silently to himself as he sprinkled spices into the stew he had simmering. the living room was empty, but he could hear the buttons in the laundry room being pressed, indicating where his absent mother was.

yet in the stillness of everything, jimin felt like he was choking. he wanted nothing more than to turn back from where he stood and find his way to yoongi's once again. his veins chilled at that thought alone, as he dragged himself to his room.

he felt strange all over whenever he thought of the older boy. it was as if his entire skin was alit, popping and exploding like fireworks. it was a tingling sensation chased by the sweet aftertaste of fruit punch. being in yoongi's presence made in feel like glitter.

he quietly stepped into his room and lightly shut the door behind him. his hand was still wrapped around the brass knob, his head sinking down onto the doorframe with closed eyes squeezed so tightly, colors swirled behind his lids. he felt faint. yoongi made him feel lightheaded, his being alone the equivalence to the question "do you wanna get high?"

regaining his composure, jimin pushed himself off the door and staggered over to his desk. his window was shut and locked, the blinds down and the curtains drawn. he collapsed onto his swivel chair with a huff and raked frustrated hands through his dark hair.

there was so much on his mind, he couldn't keep his thoughts in track. there was the way jimin was afraid of how yoongi made him feel like diamonds, the metaphorically boarded window that invaded and haunted his thoughts, and the usb.

that damn usb that was locked in the drawer just beside his left leg. jimin had shredded the pictures that came with the unwanted gift—sarcastically called so. his hands twitched with half the mind to reach for the key and unlock the cabinet, as if the blood red drive wouldn't be sitting in it's lonesome at the bottom of the mess pile. he'd buried the thing in hopes he wouldn't think about it, but the object tied itself to jimin the moment he twisted the key.

sometime later, after jimin had fallen apart only to collect himself with drawing—a mere distraction—he could smell dinner cooking from down the hall. his stomach growled faintly, reminding him that he hadn't had anything to eat since leaving yoongi's an hour and a half ago. even then, he hadn't eaten since two in the afternoon, when the guy's debated on whether to order italian or mexican.