063

063

Against jimin's sternum laid a locket he was so kindly gifted by taehyung

Against jimin's sternum laid a locket he was so kindly gifted by taehyung. he was standing barefoot in his bathroom—the one in his room—staring blankly at his reflection. he'd left the door cracked slightly, not wanting to be in the enclosed space for too long.

he hadn't stepped foot in his ensuite in so long, nearly forgetting what was behind the door whenever he was in his room. he felt choked when being inside; more claustrophobic and paranoid than he was inside his bedroom.

part of him was afraid to find another person watching him from the mirror. part of him was afraid of exiting and coming to face to face with someone he was terrified of. his stalker was crazed and jimin knew breaking in while he used the bathroom wasn't against them.

with a sigh, jimin continued to fix his appearance, adjusting his v neck top and repositioning the dark jacket he'd taken from his father's closet. the golden heart shaped locket taehyung had given jimin the day before practically singed the skin it so gently rested upon.

he and yoongi hadn't told anyone of their relationship. not yet, at least.

it was too recent and too soon and jimin was slightly nervous to tell his parents. deep down, he knew they wouldn't freak out. his dad liked yoongi. his mom liked yoongi. but they had this preconceived notion that he wasn't ready for a relationship. he was eighteen, turning nineteen in the fall. sure, even he felt he wasn't in a place to invest romantically in another person, but after meeting yoongi, jimin's fallen into a spell.

it was a relatively warm afternoon, but comfortably so, with a curling breeze that made being outside actually nice. earlier on in the day, in the group chat, the boys had made plans on visiting the fair in the neighborhood over. jimin was subduedly excited, waiting to show as much when he was finally in the presence of his lovely boyfriend.

jimin's parents were both at home, waiting for the security program they bought to arrive for installation. jimin, for one, was glad beyond words. the break in may have not been the stalker's doing but it was a sigh of relief to know he had a modicum a safety in his own home.

he soon made his way out of the bathroom and his room, making sure to have each of his phones, his wallet, and his house keys. the time was nearing closer to where the group would meet in front of namjoon's house, and jimin wanted to prompt. it was the first time he'd be out with the other's with yoongi as an official couple, and part of him was giddy over the fact.

they'd tease them from time to time on occasion in regards to the status of their relationship. finally, after months, it was no longer complicated and they weren't teetering around the safety of friendship.

"i'm heading out," jimin called to his parents, leaving out the door without waiting for a response. his household had been tense since the attempted burglary and the last thing he wanted was a lecture. clutching the smooth locket in his hands, jimin forced a smile on his face in hopes that a happy facade would sink into his bones and become real.