038

038

Summer evenings were a lot cooler than summer mornings

Summer evenings were a lot cooler than summer mornings. freshly showered and dressed comfortably, jimin found his way down the sidewalk and towards namjoon's house.

the walk, of course, wasn't that far being that all the boys were neighbors. jimin also didn't have to sneak out or lie to his parents about his whereabouts. in fact, they encouraged him on leaving the house for once.

it was more out of thrill he was doing something rather than progress with their strict ways, if anything, jimin knew. his father asked if yoongi was going to be there, probably using jimin's friendship with the blonde to his own advantage. if yoongi wasn't who he was, jimin's dad probably wouldn't be so lenient.

though it was cool out, there was still a slight humid warmth to the air. he didn't bring a jacket. namjoon's home stood in front of him seemingly seconds later, and he rapped his knuckles against the door.

"we ordered the whole chicken," namjoon greeted with a smile. the statement caught jimin off guard; he wondered if namjoon was on shrooms. "not just the thighs." and there was the joke, lashing out to whip one of jimin's thighs with his hand.

any other time, jimin would have laughed. but sad jimin had no humor and sad jimin had no time for bullshit either. "i'd have preferred a hello." sad jimin was also not the most polite, sidestepping namjoon to enter the house he hadn't been properly invited into. "damn, did yoongi piss you off or something?" the older muttered, following behind after locking his door.

although being sad, jimin was raised correctly, so he sucked it up and fixed his attitude. he stored it down for a later time, most likely to let out all out when he returned home in a few hours. "speaking of yoongi," jimin said, "did he ghost on you all as well?" the one message he received from the boy was, again, asking how he was holding up. it was all silence after that, and he'd gotten the text earlier before he'd gone outside.

"he's taking care of family stuff, it isn't anything personal." they stood outside the living room, and jimin could hear sounds of shooting and cries coming from the television, accompanied with the clicking and moving of controller joysticks and buttons. "for someone who isn't dating one of my best friends, you sure do act like it." this wasn't a jab, it was a prod to pry information from the duo's relationship.

but what was jimin supposed to tell nosey namjoon? yoongi and i fuck, we're actually really good friends as well, and he provides great emotional support when my stalker begins to act a fool? in response, jimin shrugged and hoped the topic would be left at that.

"hey guys," jimin bounded into the living room, gaining the brief attention of the two other boys. "i can't stay late." he took a seat on the cozy sofa behind seokjin and jungkook, who were on the floor. namjoon sat beside jimin, handing him a can of soda as somewhat of a peace offering.