053

053

Jimin had given yoongi a warm mug of chamomile tea in order for the older to feel relaxed, to help him get some rest

Jimin had given yoongi a warm mug of chamomile tea in order for the older to feel relaxed, to help him get some rest. the boy had been sitting quietly on jimin's couch, toes curling into the rug underneath them, face heated from the steam of his drink. at the time, jimin was sitting cross-legged beside him, eyes trained on the television, focused on the show playing.

eventually their positions changed. jimin's legs were stretched in front of him, feet hooked at the ankles and his forearm sat comfortably on the armrest. at his side, yoongi's head was in his lap, he, laying in a fetal position. yoongi was watching the show play out just as jimin was, but couldn't keep his attention trained on it. his focus had been stolen from him; the quick jostled, crushing sensation of tire over limb, jungkook's otherworldly shriek, and the guilt he couldn't escape.

"yoongi?" jimin's left hand sifted gently through yoongi's damaged hair. leaving the blond strands, they travelled softly down the side of his cheek, resting under his chin so jimin could get the other male to look up at him. "what is it?" jimin could sense his friend was troubled, keeping his voice leveled and easy as to not further upset the boy.

"i hurt him jiminie." yoongi's eyes were glossed over, his voice breaking pathetically halfway through his sentence. startled at the sight, jimin's immediate response was to coddle the teary boy in his lap, to console him and rid him of his worries. he wondered, only briefly, if maybe this was how yoongi felt whenever jimin was distressed.

it'd been two weeks since the accident. maybe everyone was foolish to think yoongi wasn't still traumatized from the incident itself, as if there was a timer on how long he was given to heal and get over it. "my sweet yoongi, no," jimin pushed back the hair that fell into the other's face, brushing his palm continuously over the blond's forehead to keep his hair away. "kookie is fine and he's healing. he's doing so well, too; his doctors are proud of how well his leg is recovering."

yoongi sniffed back his tears and jimin panicked a little more. he sat the older up, getting him to rise from his lap. the flowers that were woven through the distressing on his jeans had been pressed lifelessly to the fabric and his skin from lying down the way he was.

jimin's concerned, dark eyes searched yoongi's sad ones, wishing he could will the distraught from them with a single look. but jimin had never been good with relaying how he felt and could never get across what he wished he could voice to those he cared for. so, he figured he'd show yoongi everything he could the only way he knew how.

his gaze watered down into something darker, something determined. "he shouldn't have been near the truck in such a way, yoongi, and you know that," jimin's voice shifted from soft to stern, "everyone knows that." from stern to taunting. "all you did was push on the gas again, only for a few seconds to rev the engine, right?" he'd crawled over to yoongi's personal space, watching as the older blinked away tears.