055

055

It was late afternoon by the time jimin had arrived back home

It was late afternoon by the time jimin had arrived back home. he'd been antsy the entire drive back, the duration of his trip having seemed to stretch beyond possible time. his phone was clutched tightly in his palms, which were clammy in anticipation. his leg was bouncing up and down impatiently from where he sat in the back seat, his eyes glued to the window in search for his street.

it wasn't too late to go to the police station now, jimin chanted like a mantra in his head. he'd woken up to a surprise emergency involving his grandparents.

his grandmother had been experiencing pain in her hip for a while now, but she'd fallen in her home early this morning. she was taken to the hospital, but the expenses and concerns were dealt specifically between jimin's parents. fortunately, everything had been settled, which abled them to leave before the day faded to night.

jimin's mother had complained for the first couple of minutes after their departure from the hospital. she'd wanted to stay with her mom for a while longer to make sure she was okay, however her schedule prohibited her from doing so. yet, it wasn't as if they'd just left the woman lying in a hospital bed with her poor husband. no, jimin's aunt and uncle had shown up, convincing his mother that they had the rest taken care of and would look after his injured grandmother.

the car turning down a new road snapped jimin from his hazy reverie and he honed in on his current surroundings with identification.

they hadn't even pulled into the driveway by the time jimin's hand was securely wrapped around the door handle and housing the energy to push it open. even in his apparent hurry, his parents hadn't noticed any of it. they were too absorbed in today's earlier events to realize how increasingly strange their son had been acting.

jimin always thanked the universe for allowing his parents to be just a bit too dense and a bit too busy to recognize what was ever going on with him. he'd been able to sneak boys in his house, sneak out to visit a girl's house, and as of now, attain a stalker. in itself, it was a blessing prone to curses.

however, with it's negatives came min yoongi. yoongi who wasn't so bad, yoongi who made jimin's stomach stir and heart stammer. yoongi who made jimin excited even when all he did was smile.

the car stopped idling and jimin scrambled out of his seat, his footing nearly catching on the underside. "I really have to pee," he convincingly barked out to his father who shot him a wide-eyed look of incredulity. for extra measure, jimin placed his hands in between his legs and squeezed his thighs together, balancing his weight from foot-to-foot in a teetering dance.

"honey, you know he has a small bladder," his mom said with dramatic exasperation, gripping onto her husbands tricep with a quick shake.

forgetting his brief situation of impromptu acting, jimin shot his mother a nasty look, but she hadn't seen it (which he was hoping for). his parents got out of the car, then, the house keys being tossed into jimin's hands so he could unlock the door.