060

060

Jimin had once, long ago, told yoongi about taemin

they had sat in a hotel room having belonged to his father, spilling random and seemingly useless information, laughing all the while. yoongi hadn't pressed for more information on taemin, leaving jimin to tell him what he was comfortable with: the two of them had an on again, off again fling in busan and that taemin was four months younger than yoongi himself.

seeing the person jimin had once been formerly involved with, even if not exclusively, was off putting. so maybe yoongi was jealous, sue him.

lee taemin was a bit too pretty for his liking, instantly feeling an odd coil squeeze around his gut when the younger male would smile in his direction. he and jimin were two wickedly beautiful people, seeing them together was overwhelming.

"jimin's told me a lot about you." taemin offered kindly to yoongi, a dazzlingly killer smile plastered of his face. he sounded like jimin in the soft and sweet way he spoke. maybe yoongi was silently wishing a vortex would open up underneath his feet and he'd be spared from this conversation. the cold, spiralling void of nothingness taking him whole seemed indubitably appealing.

i wasn't even aware the two of you still spoke, the blond bitterly thought, swallowing back his malice and replacing his contempt with a saccharine smile. "so your ex works here? That's a funny coincidence." yoongi laughed off, shoving into jimin jokingly. perhaps, he never learned how to properly be civil with those he was slightly jealous of.

jimin cocked his head to the side, assessing yoongi in a way he knew the younger could tell something was off about him. jimin wasn't able to reply back, being that taemin beat him to it.

"as much as i'd love to catch up with you, jimin, and get to know your boyfriend, i unfortunately have somewhere to be." he looked between the pair apologetically, "but as requested, the swim area is all yours. i truly do urge you to come back though to swim with the dolphins." he peeled himself off the terracotta colored door and pulled it open.

yoongi was still in the midst of processing the fact that taemin believed they were dating (he was both giddy and smug, mentally sticking out his tongue at jimin's too pretty ex-fling) when jimin grabbed hold of his wrist and lead him through the heavy door. when it shut behind them with an echoing clang, they were left secluded in an isolated, indoor pool area.

the water glimmered against the cream painted walls, sunlight from glass panels in the ceiling making the water shimmer. the heavy scent of chlorine burned yoongi's nose, but in a comforting way. "i asked taemin to pick up some swimming trunks for us," jimin said, walking ahead of yoongi towards the locker room. the blond jogged up to his date's side, the backs of their hands brushing together, but both of them too nervous to grab hold of the other's.

"i don't ask him for favors often," jimin was quiet when he spoke. his words ricocheted off the surface of the walls. the entrance of the locker room was absent of a door, instead, being an open walkway that took you around a short corner and into the vacant space.