042

042

Jimin couldn't sleep

and whenever a wink of it fell onto him, his dreams sliced him into severed pieces.

his parents who'd arrived late in the evening were stunned to find jimin's room painted over in uneven black coatings. they questioned him relentlessly, worried sick when he hadn't even opened up his mouth to speak a word. his windows shut and locked, blinds down and curtains drawn, walls adding to the darkness he shut himself in; a mimic of his current thoughts.

the burner phone he'd thrown in his frenzy of painting over the cow blood was kicked near the leg of his bed, having not lit up with another notification since earlier in the day.

his freedom—the phone containing his friends, his yoongi—buzzed and lit up with new messages and missed calls a few times every hour.

he was burden. he'd only bring yoongi down. who was he to drag such a beautiful, loving boy into such malicious problems? a problem he could've easily solved had he just listened to said boy the first time. he should've gone to the police.

jimin trembled underneath the covers of his bed, shivering out of fear rather than the cold of his room.

he'd plugged a night light into the corner outlet that he bought when purchasing the cans of black paint. he didn't think he could stomach sleeping in the dark. not when a crazed stalker found numerous ways into his room with all the entryways locked. he could hear the murmur of his parents down the hall from in the living room.

"i think i've misplaced the spare key."

he stifled a cry, choking on the sound that clung to his throat.

he knew, deep down and somewhere twisted, he'd never be happy.

_______________
oogie boogie's song is such a jam. he's my favorite character in the nightmare before christmas