029

029

The week had gone by fairly uneventful for jimin

he kept mostly to himself since returning home, after hearing his parents' discussion on him not having friends. it wasn't something he wasn't aware of—he knew he was lonely—it was just something similar to twisted hearing his parents speak on it.

yoongi texted him a few times, asking if they could hang out with one another, but jimin declined each request. he used vague excuses, the one that stuck and made sense being about how he wanted to distance himself a bit so his father could cool down.

and though that worked and was understood, yoongi still thought it was all bullshit.

it was a dreary thursday afternoon, in sense of weather and emotion, when jimin's phone lit up with a new message. since it was the device his parents didn't know he owned, he never kept the volume on. sometimes, he'd miss messages or reply hours later due to not knowing if he'd received a notification.

he hit the pause button on his laptop, halting the show he was currently binging. jimin immediately assumed it was yoongi who sent him a message, but was pleasantly surprised to see new name pop up on his lock screen.

hey mochi! i hope u
don't mind me calling u
that..
sent 15:46

it was taehyung. jimin chuckled softly at the message, finding it funny that the younger boy seemed unsure with the nickname situation. he'd only been called that by two people; hoseok and jeongguk—he couldn't understand why taehyung thought it would be a problem to call him that as well.

it's fine! as long as i
can call you tae ^^
sent 15:47

the reply came back instantaneously:

wow lets just be bffs
then! it's the start of
something new,
isn't it
sent 15:47

but i was actually hitting
u up to ask if u wanted
to hang out with jin n i
sent 15:47