026

026

Yoongi was sore and aching by the time he had awoken the next day

Yoongi was sore and aching by the time he had awoken the next day. he groaned from where he laid and turned merely an inch before a bone-deep throb began.

he opted out of sitting on his bottom and only pulled himself up onto his elbows and forearms. his eyes scanned the room half lidded and still clouded with sleep. soft sunlight was streaming into his room, showing off just how messy he and jimin had gotten the night before.

clothes were littered atop every visible surface; even looking up, yoongi's very expensive belt was limply hung on one of the blades of his ceiling fan.

gingerly, he brought himself to look beside him, but jimin was no where to be seen. "don't tell me he fucked me then left," yoongi grumbled with a scoff. he brought his weight off his arms and fell back against his white pillow, his hair spiraling around him.

underneath the covers he was tangled in, his hands dropped to his hip bones and he rubbed soothing circles into them. he felt like a mummy that had been awaken after centuries of being dormant. a scowl set on his features while his situation settled in. he was incredulous, not wanting to believe jimin had actually just left without a single word.

he huffed, directing a few mumbled curses at the younger under his breath.

gathering up as much strength he could muster, he sat up and swung his legs over the length of his bed. "i let him fuck me," yoongi started, "let myself become vulnerable," he spat and took his time standing onto his feet, "and he leaves me like a dirty condom!" the covers tore away from his body, then, as he stood fully upright. the cool air of his conditioning hit his bare body and a shiver ran down his neck to the base of his spine.

he searched through his dresser for a pair of underwear to slip on, before he noticed jimin really wasn't in his home at all. the boy's garments were all collected and the house was still and silent, as if it weren't inhabited at all.

he snatched his phone from where it laid face down, with half a mind to send jimin a string of messages about how he was an asshole.

but when he powered it on, there was already a few messages from the boy he was seconds away from cursing out.

i'm fucking dead
min yoongi

with the first message read, jimin's pretty voice saying the words in his head, he tilted his head to the side. confused, yoongi continued to read the few more that came after.

my father called like fifty
thousand times the night before

i'm sorry for leaving
without saying anything

but my life is more
important to me than your ego

yoongi rolled his eyes at the last message, muttering a brat while he read over the texts.

"his father is totally going to castrate him," he said, gnawing on his bottom lip in worry.

he felt bad. he felt really bad.

he wondered just how much trouble jimin would land himself in.

yoongi tried to relieve his worry by telling himself that jimin was a professional liar and knew his way around words to where he could perfectly conjure up a situation that never happened—would never have the possibility of occurring in the previous timeline.

yet even after showering and taking care of his personal hygiene, even after having breakfast and watching a few weekend cartoons, his perturbation was far from being abated.

he flipped his phone over in his hands, debating if it would be sensible to check on jimin. he only had the number his parents weren't aware exsisted, and if jimin were to be in the middle of being reprimanded with a foreign phone ringing, yoongi would have only made things worse.

"you're overthinking all of this," he whispered to himself. restless, he tousled his hands through his hair and tapped the sides of his head in a mini-beat. he unlocked his phone and dialed a number he knew by heart.

"hoseok," he breathed when hearing the line open, not giving his friend the opportunity to greet him properly.

"good morning to you too, yoongi." the younger chortled. there was background noise on his end, but it soon cleared up with the sound of a door clicking closed.

"i need you to stop by jimin's house." he instructed—demanded, almost. he felt as if this was the perfect plan. jimin's parents already knew their son and hoseok were friends, and the younger checking on jimin would be yoongi's way of knowing how much trouble he was in.

"okay!" hoseok chirped, and the background noise soon returned. yoongi recognized it as a television show the two would watch sometimes. "really? you don't need any convincing?" he frowned in disbelief.

"well i was going to head down that way later anyway, see if he wanted to hang out a bit since the two of you left so hastily the other day." hoseok explained casually, a shrug nearly evident in his every intonation. "but is there something wrong? why exactly do i need to see him for you?"

"i'm thankful you're doing this for me, but further information isn't necessary." yoongi shut down the question straightaway, not wanting to give any hints out about the two's activities the night before.

he knew if he told hoseok of jimin's sure state of being harshly chastised, more questions would come after that. he didn't want to cause jimin any more tribulation, and thus, would say nothing unless told otherwise. "i feel like a spy," hoseok laughed with a lightness, "but shouldn't i know the specs of my mission, sir?"

"just shut up and check on jimin, please. and don't call him. just visit his house and do whatever you were planning earlier. call me after, alright?" he had most this thought out, knowing the other boys only had jimin's other phone number as well.

"sure thing, captain! operation save the sweetheart is a go—"

"no one said he needed saving." bluntly put, yoongi was growing impatient.

in a melodic tone, hoseok sang, "your urgency implies otherwise."

"fuck off and leave your house already." the line went dead by yoongi's own accord.

all he had now was to wait.

______________
(: