004

004

Jimin's afternoon was well spent talking to yoongi in the grass of this front yard

Jimin's afternoon was well spent talking to yoongi in the grass of this front yard. he learned the boy was older than him and had finished high school the year before, whereas jimin was still in school.

at first, jimin was afraid the information of him being a few years younger would cause this to be their last interaction, but yoongi didn't mind. in fact, he asked jimin if they could exchange numbers.

jimin was no stranger to cute boys, no matter what his father would like to believe.

studying in the library was really flirting behind the school with seniors.

running to the art supply store to restock on ink and brush pens was really getting felt up in the back of a schoolmates car.

jimin was no stranger to boys, or feelings, or even lustful kisses and words feigned as love in the heat of the moment.

he was just careful. always has been. had to learn to be.

so jimin saved yoongi's number and saved it as his name, because this was the phone jimin bought for himself; the phone his parents never checked because they didn't know of its existence.

while on the grass for so many hours, the two boys talked about many things. somehow, the conversation was always directed towards jimin.

"so you moved in a few days ago?" yoongi had asked, lying down on his back. his eyes were closed so that the sun didn't shine into them, but he was under the protection of most of the wide tree. jimin nodded in response, but soon remembered yoongi couldn't see him.

with a sheepish smile, he answered out loud. yoongi could here the timidness in jimin's voice and smiled. he thought a shy jimin was cute. however, he didn't truly know jimin.

the boy wasn't shy, not in the slightest. he was just rusty at this game.

the questions moved on from the basics and onto much more fun ones. the topic of how strict yoongi's parents were and how protective his dad was came up.

"that sounds so overbearing," yoongi mumbled before chuckling at a thought he had, "imagine if you were a girl. i feel like his over-protectiveness would be amplified."

"i'd probably be a lot more sneakier and more trouble if i were a girl."

jimin's dad had left a while ago to run to the store. he saw yoongi, didn't pay much attention because he was in a hurry, but made a mental note to keep an eye out. at the somewhat aloofness of his dad and his current absence, jimin became more bold.

he moved closer to yoongi, their shoulders and hips were touching. neither commented on the proximity because neither minded.

"how so? and i doubt you're any bad now." yoongi turned his head so that he could look at jimin.

he took in the younger's almost jet-black hair and how the sun shone down on him like his own personal spotlight. he traced the curve of jimin's lips with eyes and even took note of the faint freckles on his cheeks and nose.

jimin smiled, knowing exactly how yoongi must perceive him. jimin wasn't a shy little thing, he had his moments where he'd get timid, but that doesn't mean it was his default mode.

"the phone your number is in, my dad doesn't know it exists," he started off, playing with a blade of grass beneath his fingers. "my dear father doesn't know just how many boys and girls have had the pleasure to touch my lips and feel my skin. i don't mean that in a way that i fool around often, but i kind of do?"

jimin giggled and yoongi was awestruck.

he couldn't believe how someone with such a flawless persona as jimin could be so—for a lack of better words—filthy.

he tried to stop his mind from wandering to certain places, but jimin wasn't helping. not with the way his hip was connected to yoongi's or the way he'd lick his lips every so often.

the older turned his head back to the sky and inhaled the scent of the earth around them. "that's some very useful information, park." he said, his voice low and seemingly uncaring, which hit a nerve in jimin.

"we can still be friends though right?" he asked, hoping yoongi would say yes. "i didn't mean to come off like–like i'm loose."

yoongi laughed uncontrollably. the sentence jimin just uttered was so unexpected he thought for a second he heard incorrectly.

"no!" the younger sat up abruptly and waved his hands in the air, "i didn't mean loose in that way! i'm tight as fuck, i-i should stop talking before i cry from embarrassment."

"yeah, that might be a good idea." yoongi brought himself up into a seated position also. his face was still a faint red from all the laughing he'd done a second ago.

"your dad might be here soon, we wouldn't want him to see us like this," yoongi leaned in a bit closer, "all disheveled and flushed." his breath fanned out against jimin's lips and the younger almost squeaked.

but jimin kept his composure and offered a pained, tight-lipped smile. "i'd hope my dad would at least set me to higher standards and not believe me to be the type of person to make out in our front yard."

"but are you, jimin? are you the type of person to make out with a stranger on you front yard?" a dark look crossed yoongi's face and jimin nearly shuddered at the temptation to take him on his front lawn.

"maybe we can find out another time?" jimin stood when yoongi did and they both brushed off their pants.

before yoongi turned to leave, he left jimin with one final statement, "too bad i'm no longer a stranger then."

_______
the samurai jack theme song likes to get stuck randomly in my head even though i haven't watched the show in forever