057

057

Jimin awoke to a room full of sunshine and bees hovering about the thick bush of flowers outside his window

Jimin awoke to a room full of sunshine and bees hovering about the thick bush of flowers outside his window. he arose slowly, sitting up against his headboard while staring out toward the portion of freshly tarred pavement and a fraction of the house beside and across from his.

it felt weird. sleeping with his curtain drawn and blinds pulled up again.

after tearing his eyes away from the window, he looked up towards the wall on his left. it was poorly painted and patchy in some places, the black looking rough and uneven. the sunlight exposed as such even more now, showing the imperfections stained onto the surface.

jimin thought, if you looked hard enough, maybe even squinted a little, you could just make out the bloody letters underneath the surface. the paint on top of the unwanted artwork made it stand out like braille—or perhaps, that was just his imagination.

grabbing his phone from where it laid beside him on it's face, he pressed it on and was greeted with a few notifications. he was tagged on some social media platforms and had comments underneath a recent photo he uploaded. there were texts from his father and new messages from his neighborhood group-chat. and toxically, he expected a little something more.

there were no messages from any unknown numbers. no comments from ghost profiles he hadn't had knowledge of. there was nothing of suspicion awaiting him, and it mad his stomach churn with anticipation.

it'd been a few weeks since yoongi helped jimin devise a plan that would capture his stalker, and the boy felt less weighted than he had prior to the conversation. but even with the newfound peace of mind, he couldn't help but look for signs that the tides were retreating and he'd have to relive everything all over again.

his father had gone to work early this morning, that was what the first message read. he had a company meeting in the neighborhood over, and promised to bring jimin back something when he went on his lunch break. as always, his mother had a few surgeries scheduled, but was hoping to make it home in time for dinner.

jimin usually enjoyed his parents being out of the house. it gave him time to relax all on his lonesome and do what he normally couldn't when they were around. but now he felt vulnerable and too open; even in the daytime, even with the doors locked. paranoia.

he typed back a quick response, wishing his father a good day and to drive safely. the response was instant, jimin figuring he was in the lounge waiting for his day to officially begin. it made jimin chuckle a little. back when he was younger and would follow his dad to work on days he didn't have school, the man would always play games on his phone with his son.

you should hang out
with your friends today.
I love you! see you later
min <3
sent 09:05

jimin frowned a little before it was replaced with a giggle and a smile. mr. park? granting jimin fun with his friends?

perhaps jimin had astral projected into a parallel dimension while sleeping. maybe his essence traded places with other universe jimin's. "sorry other universe jimin," stretching and switching apps, jimin smiled contently, "have fun living a fucked up life. don't develop ptsd."

jimin skimmed through the chat with his friends, laughing at the ugly pictures they sent of each other and the surplus amount of memes they chose to respond with rather than words.

checking the time, jimin quickly exited the app and dialed yoongi's number. it was half past ten, he was fairly sure yoongi would be waking up around now.

"good morning, my beloved." jimin's voice was sugary and rabid with foamy sweetness.

any other day, yoongi would be annoyed with such fluff so early into his day, jimin knew this. but jimin also knew he was jimin, and yoongi liked him.

"buggie you're lucky I picked up my phone instead of one of the guys." yoongi answered, speaking in hushed tones. he didn't sound all that bothered, though he was lightly chastising jimin for being upright affectionate.

yoongi had told him he was sleeping over jungkook's house with the rest of his friends. even kihyun was there. jimin had been invited as well, it was a celebratory sleepover for jungkook's physical therapy going well, but jimin declined. instead, he spent the day and most of the evening with the group, but went home after six.

he knew he would've enjoyed staying over, maybe his parents would even let him, but he still had nightmares from time to time and didn't want to risk having one in such a setting. especially since he had awoken soiled the night he and yoongi began planning their 'secret mission', as the older had called it; 'to get that son of a bitch', jimin concluded.

"why would they answer your phone?"

"they have no boundaries. you know they'd tease me endlessly if they saw your contact name pop up on my phone."

"would they now?" snorting jimin, rolled onto his back, his head dangling off the length of his bed, "and just what do you have me saved as, min yoongi?" he was smiling dopily, too caught up in the blond's gravelly morning voice. he'd love to hear what such a tone sounded like caught in embarrassment.

"shut up, asshole." yoongi muttered, surely warming in the face at how smugly jimin spoke. "sure thing, lovely, whatever you say." jimin heaved a sigh of mock defeat, but his smile grew tenfold and the light streaming into is room felt all too nice on his skin.

"whats with all the cavity inducing nicknames?" yoongi was speaking louder now, most likely having moved away from his still sleeping friends. jimin shut his eyes, reveling in the warmth all around him.

"i just feel like being gooey." jimin answered shortly, taking a pause, "would you like me to stop?"

"no." yoongi's response was without thought, jimin could see the blond blanching on the other side of their conversation. "just, uh, you know... they're cute... minnie, you're cute." he'd gotten relatively quiet towards the end of the sentence.

jimin had to clamp his lips together to suppress what could be both a squeal and a coo. it was then, he knew what he wanted to do with yoongi, his toes and fingertips tingling with glittery excitement.

"you're planning on staying at jk's for a while right?" he asked, sitting up once the blood-rush to his head was beginning to become too much.

"yeah, are you planning on coming over?"

"i am," jimin sang while getting up and out of his bedding, "so stay put."

yoongi scoffed with a low grunt of incredulity. "don't treat me like a dog." he was muttering, slightly miffed but not enough to be completely vocal about it.

jimin pouted his pretty lips that were always just a bit swollen in the mornings. he caught sight of them from his bathroom mirror, switching on the light and reminiscing how perfect they felt pressed against yoongi's everything.

"you're my good boy, though, aren't you yoongi?" he smirked wickedly at his reflection, knowing he was teetering on the line between provoking and flustering his lover.

"again, shut up, asshole." and the line went dead, to which, jimin laughed.

mussing his hair about and still staring at his post-slumber appearance, jimin had nodded with conviction.

he was going to ask min yoongi out on a date.

__________
this is what jimin looks like when he pouts all prettily :< what a cutie i want to love him forever.

its valentines day, which ultimately means nothing, but i've decided to give you all a sweet and somewhat melancholic chapter. i hope you enjoyed this!!

further, what should yoonmin do for their future date? i haven't a clue and i'm hoping you don't mind me asking for help. so, since its summer, should they:
—go swimming
—go to a fair
—other?? bc i dont know !!!